Saturday, August 28, 2010

2006 poetry #2

Gone… Bye-2006

Sixteen petals on the hardwood floor

One red dress hanging on the back door

A bottle of wine in a glass

Starring at me, I will drink last

Naked and shivering now

Lost inside but don’t know how

Ladybugs crawl apart

Mocking my now black heart

Your footsteps never around

By you I am bound

Nothing rests here

Nothing sincere

You leave me

Here on knee

Crying

Dying

Gone

Bye


Beautiful Treasure-2006

I broke in.

Disturbing it…

It didn’t matter though

Because I already killed her

Made sure of it

If I didn’t this would be difficult

But I still broke in.

Pulling things apart and tearing her up on the inside.

I was just looking for the treasure.

The beautiful treasure I suddenly desired.

So I killed the oyster

To find my pearl.


Tears of You-2006

You touched my

Cheek

Feeling nothing but

Tears

Your hands shook with

Anxiety

As they ran down my

Face

You have no

Idea

That these tears are because of

You


Our Life Together Prayer-2006

Lord~

Help us to remember…

When we first met.

The stars in our eyes

And the love that we set

Help us to recall…

Our first kiss.

So magical that when we were apart

It’s something we both missed.

Lord~

Guide us through…

The vows we say.

Help us live up to them

In every way.

Pull us through…

When times get rough.

Let us remember

Love is never enough.

Lord~

Remind us in our days-

*The past.

How we met and fell in love-

And how to make it last.

*The present.

Our wedding and vows-

And how much it all meant.

*And always.

Our life together-

Let us remember this phrase...

Lord~

Watch over our marriage

As we go through.

And when things go wrong

Let us look to You.

Let us find faith

In the love we have made.

Let us know…

This is where our lives

Have been set and laid.


Boston ~Comfort Inn-2006

Your mouth consumes me
As you breathe intensely upon my skin
Your eyes touch me
Inevitably from within

The night plays upon us
As the stars shine through
The moon watches secretly
As I fall more in love with you


Our first time away together
And here we come to sleep
But upon my skin
Your kisses begin to seep

You are the love of my life
I just don't know where we have been
But we make this love clear tonight
July 30th 2005 in Boston at the Comfort Inn.


"Stranger" of Mine-2006

He doesn't really know me.
He just calls every once in a while.
He doesn't understand me
And he never makes me smile.
He is just a stranger now. . .
Even though his name appears on my caller ID.
He isn't who he says he is. . .
At least not to me.
He doesn't know how I feel,
Although many times I have made it clear.
He never makes me smile
He just brings me a tear.
There aren't that many memories
That I have where he is included.
Whenever we are together
I'd rather not be. . . I'd rather be secluded.
He means nothing to me now. . .
And that is pretty bad.
Especially when this "stranger" of mine. . .
Is none other than my dad.


Losing Jennifer-2006

To: Jennifer Marie Dixon

I love you

Are the words that haunt the night.

I miss you

Words that I can’t seem to right.

It was the way she moved her lips

The way she opened her eyes.

The way she laughs

And the way she cries.

No more tears though

Run from those blues.

Today is the day…

She made headlines in the news.

She would have been great…

To have around forever.

But since that drunk driver took her life…

She is around… never.


Jackson-2006

Jackson came to me yesterday.

Unknowingly saying he loved me.

He brought me daisies.

I never told him I liked daisies.

He guessed.

My guess is that he found them on the way to my place.

I never told him where I lived.

He must have followed me once. Or twice. I don’t know.

But he was sweet.

He left them daisies with a letter.

One that said he had to go over seas.

He said he needed a “pal” to write back to. “PAL!” HA!

We weren’t going to be just pals… he knew it.

And now I just wait.

Wait to see him. My sweet Jackson.

I know I will see him… though it won’t be in this lifetime…but somewhere… else.


Picture Perfect Propaganda-2006

Your picture is like propaganda

Hanging upon my walls.

Eating up peoples minds like termites to wood.

The paraphernalia that lingers around your face

Makes for a perfect draw in for these people.

It disgusts me. You eating at them.

You make me sick.

You say you loved me…

But no.

Never,

Never loved me…

Just want to spread your propaganda along my walls.

You knew you would be hanging there.

After you died.


Oak Tree -2006

The branches wave

As the shadow passes by my window

As if saying good morning

With the robins singing in the background.

Oh beautiful day,

The leaves descend to the ground.

October has fallen upon me,

Yet here I am still in spring.

Smelling the beautiful flowers.

Reading underneath this tree.

Soaking up the sun.

Lying in the grass.

The branches wave.

Saying that their time has come.

Come to say good bye

Until next spring.


Texas Breeze-2006

Postcards and letters are all I receive now.

The photographs we had are still framed.

He used to laugh at the way I hung my feet

Out the window of his car.

He used to hold me

Underneath the moon and stars.

These written down words are lifeless.

The photos are fading away.

There used to be nothing

That could come between him and I… (PLEASE!)

Tonight and forever it is between us.

The Texas breeze.


Upon My Lips-2006

If you kiss me-

The stars would fall

Out of the night sky

If you held my hand-

The ocean’s waves

Would stand still.

Upon my lips

Your kiss would rejoice

For our lips

Could now tango

Around the fact

We have fallen in love.


Moon Strings-2006

Moon strings hang,

Holding the stars in place…

Making the night shine.


AY-2006

Yesterday

It was okay.

For you to say

I love you all the way.

Until the day

You decided to say

Good bye and went on your way.


The Cat-2006

She sits on a mantle

Her black eyes more or less can see.

She sits so calmly

Starring blankly at me.

She swats and swats

The fly she must eat.

She doesn’t pounce and doesn’t dive,

Just sits there on her mantle seat.


Carrots-2006

There are carrots on the floor.

I know that she put them there.

Not quite on purpose,

But she did it.

She loves them carrots.

The more she eats,

The more they end up on the floor.

She used to think they were orange crayons…

That was when she was 3.

She never understood it…

Seeing them there in the grocery store

And in the fridge…

She would say, “MOMMY!

Take them ‘cryons’ out of the ‘fidge’.”

I couldn’t help but laugh.

Yet… here they are…

The carrots are on the floor.


The Man on the Bench-2006

He sat there reading the same book

Day in

Day out.

I passed him every morning and afternoon

On the corner

By the store.

He was intensely reading that book

Every single

Day.

I never caught a glimpse of that book title.

Then one day

He was gone.

However, that book sat on that bench

Ragged and

Warn.

I just walked by.

Two weeks passed.

Rain and sun

Hit that book.

I finally got to see the title

When I

Waited for the bus.

“The

Holy

Bible.”


Skin to Skin-2006

Skin to skin

Our cells entwined

Sealing our hearts together

Like a book is bind.

Glistening fingertips

Your hand holds my breast

Pulling me towards you

Our bodies are pressed.

Kisses begin to flow

Like a smooth wine

Swelling up my pores

Making everything fine.

Skin to skin

We pull apart

Waiting a couple minutes

Before we begin another start.


Pearls-2006

Upon her neck

His fingers run.

Tangling with her hair every so often,

Her skin is like the sun.

She is burning up,

The moisture drips.

Running down his palm

From his tingling fingertips.

The touch of her neck

It is nothing but bear.

He runs his tongue down her cleavage,

And says, “You need something there.”

This man who is older and wiser,

Says, “This here is not for girls.

This necklace is for a woman.

These are genuine pearls.”


Rainy Thursday Miles Away-2006

It’s raining on my doorstep

And on my window sill.

Rust is running down the screen door

And has eaten up the old mill.

The barn has fallen to the ground

And buried the land alive.

The clocks never work anymore…

They chime only at five.

The grass that is left

Has died and turned brown.

No new neighbors have moved in,

No one ever comes around.

Wine is splashed upon my walls

Leaving them stained red.

Fools fell in love

Then ended up dead.


Midnight-2006

Midnight-

16 stars painted bright yellow

Keeping the night

Nice and mellow.

The moon to hang

From a string

In wonderment

Of what morning might bring,

The night

From dusk till dawn

Another night shattered

By the morning being drawn.


Overflowed Dimensions Crash-2006

Beyond dimension

Feelings crash

A silence no man knows.

The unspeakable silence

Of emotions overflowed

To a land where no man goes.


Swinging-2006

I saw you there

Swinging your life away

Back and forth

Like it’s the beginning of May.

You take me back

Blue eyes and blonde hair.

Into the slides and swings

With a joyful stare.

Little tiny legs

I could barely get off the ground.

Trying my best to move that swing

With every grunting sound.

You take me back.

To when I was 4…

When my life made sense

Why doesn’t it anymore?


Used Mistress-2006

Does he tell you he loves you

With a look,

A smile,

Or a touch?

No.

He tells me with a kiss

A word

A sexual experience…

Things to remember.

He never tells you shit.

You may think he does…

But you are ignorant.

You are nothing,

A piece of dirt,

Slim

Or scum.

You are just the used mistress.


Black Sand-2006

The black sand

Covers our bodies

With our

Caucasian skin

Seeping through.

Little white pearls

Upon our torsos are spew.

In the night

Our little body pearls

Look as though we are carrying

The stars.

Making us perfect in the night

Covering our scars.

Sleeping on the beach

Our bodies know nothing more

Than the stars at night

And the water at our feet.

Black sand beaches

Our secret place to meet.


White Sand-2006

The white sand

Made your green eyes

Glow.

The rumble of the waves

Made your heart beat

Slow.

Our legs entangled

In the ocean’s foam of

White.

All the stars shine

In your beautiful eyes

Tonight.

Our greens and blues

Fall in love

Together.

White sand beaches

You and me~

Forever.


His Music to Me Died-2006

“My love”,

This love…

A fire that burns deep.

“This fire”

This fire can speak.

Before him I walked

The “boulevard of broken dreams.”

Time after time

My heart was shaped

But not whole.

Then there he was…

Until now.

He exists in my life no more.

Although…

“Wish you were here”

Still plays on in my head.

“A song for sleeping” plays

Cursing the night away.

A “warning” sounds…

When “clocks” chime…

He isn’t coming back.

It never was a “holiday”

But he would dress up

And “take me out.”

Everyone could see me in him…

In his eyes.

They said “you’ve got her in your pocket,”

But it was the pocket of his heart.

Suddenly though,

It was like I was less than perfect…

Incapable of his love.

It wasn’t September,

But he always said “wake my up when September ends”

So he could be in my arms.

It was “the time of your life”

The time of mine too.

Then all the pieces fell.

And those pieces…

Keep “falling to pieces.”

My Rock and Roll Man-2006

He greases his hair

With the same gel he has used since 1960.

He comes to my room

And sings that same song to me.

He snarls his nose

And curls his lips…

Making my mind blow

As he wiggles those hips.

Those plastered on white pants

And those dimples are divine.

Girls scream they love him,

But he will always only be mine.

His genuine smile

And gorgeous brown eyes…

Nothing but worn out smiles

As another heart throbbing celebrity, love of my life, no one better in Rock and Roll...

Dies.


This Here Rocking Chair-2006

About Grandma Snedeker

Wooden and wobbly I sit.

Holding her as if she were glass.

Fragile and worn,

But tough enough to breath.

She rocks with me.

Back and forth

As if she were going somewhere.

But this old thing couldn’t take us across the room,

Let alone across the world.

Yet we traveled many dreams here

In this wooden wobbly thing.

She is wrinkled

And ready to go.

Holding my hand as if it were her last time.

Wooden and wobbly I sit.

In this here rocking chair.

The one that rocked my grandma to Heaven.


My Black Eyes, Blue Tears-2006

My mascara is running,

The liner follows behind.

I run through the memories of us,

Then I push rewind.

My eyes look like raccoon eyes,

My face is the color of a cherry.

My blue eyes can no longer take the attention,

And my beauty can no longer carry… on.

My black eyes,

Are like wounds from war.

My blue tears,

Are like rain beginning to pour.

I never remove my makeup,

When I feel that urge to cry.

I just sit in front of the mirror,

And take a good look at I.

When the bad day is coming,

The makeup is not pushed away.

I pack it on,

Cause it’s just another day.

My black eyes,

Take me to another place.

My blue tears,

Just add beauty to my face.

So when I cry,

I make sure that people know…

The mascara running down my face

Doesn’t need a tissue to go.

I just let it run,

Run and run.

Until all my crying

And heartache is done.

I Carry Your Heart to The End-2006

Beyond the moon and the stars

I find no love as great as ours.

I carry your heart to the end

Calling you my lover, more than a friend.

I carry your heart wrapped in my heart

Finding ways to love you even when we are apart.

Across the oceans and continents in our way

I find no perfect words for me to say…

I love you beyond the moon and planets in the sky.

I love you like no tomorrow, I love you like you love I.

In the midst of our kisses and the wraps of our embrace…

I know this is where I want to be… with you… anytime any place.

I carry your heart to the end

Calling you my lover, more than a friend.


Old Oak Tree-2006

My sleepiness amounts

In quantities I can’t handle.

The night never ceases to amaze me,

With the stars and moon to light a path,

We sleep rather than stare in awe.

Drowsy and half dead, I walk.

The old oak still is old

Yet it looks young in the night.

The maple is jealous. Its leaves tickle the old oak

In saying, “I wish I were loved.”

The old oak…We loved that tree…

AV with a heart around it…

The place we met on a starry night,

The moon hanging by strings

As we kissed underneath…

Hoping that forever we would be

By this old oak tree.

Sleepy- Not only me. The old oak withers into dust.

Roses don’t surround this tree-

Not like they used to. The bark has peeled away-

The leaves have fallen to the ground.

The old oak is tired-

Tired of being around…The maple lives on

In spite of the time…We faded away Like that tree.

Now sadly, the old oak doesn’t remember me.


Eye Twinkle-2006

I saw his face and caught a glimpse of his eye.

The twinkle that was there…

It wasn’t a mistake.

He loved me… still.

But yet he HELD HER.

He kissed her.

He loved her.

It was pretend…

For her.

For I…

I knew it.

He loved me.

He did always.

He kissed upon MY LIPS.

He loved me… still.

The twinkle was there.

It was the twinkle he…

Had when we first met and first kissed long ago.


I Touch My Face-2006

I touch my face,

The tears fall down.

I can’t help but cry

At these bodies all around.

They did nothing wrong

And yet it’s the price they pay

To die for their religion

Every single day.

I feel the pain

They feel inside.

I know it’s hard

They have nowhere to hide.

They beg and beg

But you just can’t see

They are Jewish, but people like you and me.

The tears I feel

They are no my own

They are of these people

Who feel so alone.


Dawson” -2006

He’s my “Dawson.”

Blonde haired

Blue eyed “Dawson.”

Creeping into my mind

Like he belongs there.

Dictating my relationship

On account we didn’t work,

He’s my “Dawson.”

5’5’’

With a goatee “Dawson.”

Dawson.”

The one that was my soul mate.

The one that laid on my trampoline with me

And the one that played with my hair.

The one that sat on my mom’s car roof with me

To watch fireworks on the fourth.

The one that sent me letters

When we were miles apart.

The one that took me to his prom

Even though we were just friends.

The one that kissed me at that red light

On the way to the after prom party.

The one that got his heart broken

Because I felt I needed

To be with my “Pacey.”

Dawson.”

He’s my “Dawson.”

7 rings on a necklace from 1999

That means he loves me everyday… “Dawson.”


Two Pink Lines-2006

About Tarrah Allen

It was midnight

The air was cold.

He paced back and forth

As our lives took a fold.

We raced to CVS

Down through town about 10 miles.

We ran inside

Up and down the aisles.

Finding the right one

We grabbed it and paid.

We never thought it would come to this

But he was jittery and I just prayed.

“Lord if this is how it is

And how it is going to be…

Please keep in mind I love him

And he loves me.”

I sat there by myself

With one hand on my chest

I could feel my heart racing

Like it was coming straight through my breasts.

We already knew the results,

Cause I was more than a month too late.

Yet we sat there for those long two minutes

And all we could do was wait.

The results appeared…

Two pink lines…

We were becoming three

We saw all the signs.

In nine months

The precious one would arrive…

We both were scared,

But now she makes us feel so alive.

Our little daughter

Born on October 7th 2006 at 9:49 at night.

Tarrah Rayne Allen,

The girl who makes our days so bright.

Here in the arms

Of her mommy and daddy too.

Tarrah I wrote this,

Because we love you.


Piercing Eyes of the Night-2006

A woman sits in the dark

Holding a rose in her hands

She knows he is in the doorway-

For that is where he usually stands.

His eyes made of glass

That can piece her heart of stone.

She picks the petals of that flower

As if she was alone.

Her hair blowing in the wind

From the window across the way

Tearing through her skin

Like it did everyday.

She could feel his heat

Upon her back so bare.

As if he were standing on top of her-

But all he did was stand there and stare.

His eyes could kill her

She knew she could die.

She heart beat less and less

He made it her time to say good bye.




Beautiful Tarrah-2006

About Tarrah Rayne Allen

Beauty from a flower

Cannot compare-

From the tip of her toes

To the tip of her hair.

Beautiful eyes,

Cheeks, lips and nose…

She’s prettier than any flower

Even a rose.

She’s our Tarrah.


Echoed from Behind- He Creeps Into Me-2006

Echoing through the night

Chilling upon my skin.

Holding the air so tight

My breath held within.

His voice follows me around

Dictating my every move.

Following with no sound

As if he has something to prove.

I can feel his arms around me

His lips kiss my cheek.

Him I cannot see-

Suddenly my heart begins t o leak.

Blood stains my shirt

Turning it white to red.

Running down my shirt

Tears stain my shoes instead.

He embodies me soul

Taking my life away.

Leaving me with a hole

And carrying me into the next day.


This Here Lullaby-2006

To: Tarrah Rayne Allen

Once the wind blows

Upon your tiny face-

And we welcome you here

To this new place…

Do not be frightened

Do not be scared-

Remember you are with us-

And we are wonderfully paired.

No matter how many cows

Jump over that moon-

Mommy and daddy

Will help you get to sleep soon.

No matter how many sheep

You count on a stormy night-

When that harsh thunder rolls,

We will be here to hold you tight.

So twinkle twinkle,

In the sky-

Always remember this here lullaby-

Love always- Daddy and I.


From the Doorway, You’re a Beauty-2006

To: Tarrah Rayne Allen

Dear Daughter-

I watch through the crack of the door

As you slip into a deep sleep.

Your tiny eyes dancing in the light of the stars

As the moonbeams creep

In through your window

To lie on the floor.

You chasing your dreams,

Me still standing at your door.

Your face so beautiful

Like a porcelain doll on a shell.

Your hands on your cheeks

Holding yourself.

My daughter, I whisper I love you

While I stand in your doorway tonight.

Looking at this beauty…

You my little girl, a pretty sight.

I blow you a kiss

And turn to walk away.

As I hear you whisper I love you too

And in a tiny voice you say, “Everyday.”

I wipe away a tear

Cause you my daughter are growing so fast.

But these here are our memories…

That will always last.


Back to back, we sleep-2006

Lovers once,

And forever so you say…

But back to back we sleep,

At the end of every day.

This four post bed

Can’t hold our sadness,

And can’t clean up my tears

After every bad mess.

The sheets can’t rub away

The emotions hidden under my skin,

The comforter can’t hide

The strangers we are within.

Back to back we sleep,

We love heart to heart.

Yet here we lay back to back,

Millions of miles apart.


Badges-2006

To: ETVR and Tarrah Rayne Allen

These stretch marks on my belly

Weren’t there long ago.

Lord knows I don’t like them

And wouldn’t mind if they’d just go.

The “handles” on my side,

Are nothing more than that.

They aren’t made too much of “love,”

But made more of skin and fat.

The extra belly here in front,

Makes me look like there’s a lil’ one still inside…

No matter how much I tuck, squeeze or suck it in,

It just won’t seem to hide.

These “things” here on top,

Used to be perky back then.

It wasn’t too long ago,

But I can’t really remember when.

All these things,

That changed me inside and out,

May have gotten me bigger jeans,

But I know what it’s all about.

These marks I have for life,

Are badges I have obtained.

Having you, a beautiful baby,

From all of this I have gained.



Distant-2006

He was her man,

She loved him so.

What made them this way?

She wanted to know.

His hand never touched her skin

His lips never kissed her face.

She never feels his love,

His heart seems to be in a different place.

Their eyes never connected,

She always wondered why.

They argued constantly,

But he never saw her cry.

She wiped away her tears

As she turned her head.

His words piercing her like bullets,

But they hurt worse instead.

He was her man,

She loved him so.

What made them this way?

She wanted to know.

She loved him,

But never uttered the words so he could hear.

Didn’t he love her back???

The answer “no” was her biggest fear.

No comments: