Saturday, August 28, 2010

2001 Poetry

I Never-2001

I never knew life,

Until I lived.

I never knew love,

Until I loved.

I never knew you,

Until we met.

And you’re a person,

I’ll never forget.


Simple Solution-2001

I love you,

You love me.

Together forever is how we,

Shall be.

And if we’re not,

Then I pray,

I’m in your thoughts every day.


Will-2001

As I look up towards the sky,

I think of the day that I will die.

Will I become an angel,

And spread my wings?

As Heaven’s whole choir sings.

And will I be able to fly?

I do not know.

I’ll find out when I die.


Just Like Me-2001

I’m the girl without a dream,

I’m the girl that has no theme.

You pick on me for my makeup and hair,

You laugh at the clothes I wear.

You tease, you point,

You look, you stare.

I wonder if there is life out there.

I do home and start to cry,

I always feel like I want to die.

Then I found a friend,

One just like me.

He likes me, for who I am,

And not what I could be.


Two Sided-2001

I’m the girl that’s all alone,

Cause no one wants to call on the phone.

No one writes or wants to talk, or even go for a walk.

But beyond this lonely girl,

There’s a happy face,

Just give it a whirl.

She smiles without any doubt,

And has no reason to pout.

Not a single tear is shed,

Because by the grace of God she is led.

Maybe I can teach her to be true,

To her heart, soul and mind,

And maybe find that lonely girl something to do.


Liar-2001

You said I would always have the last dance,

You said you would give me a chance.

But as time went by,

I saw it was all just a lie.

Not knowing what to say,

I went along with it day by day.

As I observed you,

I saw what you do.

You flirt, you talk, and you even kiss,

I truly cannot believe this.

And the man I thought I would never leave,

Only made me feel deceived.

As I slept I would cry,

Over our relationship con-ed into a lie.

Then one became two,

You said it’s what you needed to do.

The more I think… the more I see,

You never truly wanted me.


Backfire-2001

When you left,

You swore you’d never look back.

And that’s when I wondered what I lack.

So I stayed home,

All I did was cry.

And all awhile,

I wanted to die.

You were out with your boys,

Having fun.

While I sit,

And stare at this gun.

Then I think,

Why do I sit and pout?

When I should be,

Up and about.

And now,

I finally see,

I didn’t lose you,

You lost me.

Rule-2001

God, you were knocked out of my school,

Where they hurried up and made it a rule.

People dress a lot like freaks,

And if they don’t,

They’re considered geeks.

Where I would rather sit and pray,

They find it time to laugh and play.

My friends really don’t understand,

They’d rather listen to a heavy metal rock band.

They won’t give you the time of day,

They don’t know the meaning of the word “pray.”

Witchcraft is practiced all around,

But I would rather kneel down.

Where I would rather sit and pray,

Others wouldn’t know what to say.

Call me a loser or a fool,

But I’d rather break the stupid rule.

When He Said “I love you” -2001

When I said those three special words,

He hung his head in shame.

When I asked what’s wrong?

My life felt so lame.

He never looked me in the eye,

Afraid of what I would say…

Up until that one day.

He grabbed my hand,

And kissed my face.

All of a sudden my heart started to race.

He put my hair behind my ear,

And looked at me so calm.

He explained what he had done.

Finally he took a deep breath,

And closed his eyes.

I knew what he would say wouldn’t be lies.

He opened his mouth,

I didn’t know what to do…

On that day he said:

I LOVE YOU!


I am Lost-2001

I am lost,

So deep in love.

I believe you’re an angel,

Sent from above.

Your kiss like honeydew,

Upon my lips.

Your touch so gentle,

With your hands on my hips.

It wasn’t long ago,

When we met.

But I still love you yet.

I am lost,

In your “big blues,”

I can’t wait to,

Say our “I do’s.”

Even though,

That’s a while away.

I’ve planned out,

What I will say.

I will happily cry,

Don’t take offense.

It’s just us women,

Are so emotionally tense.

And though,

You drive me insane,

All I have,

Is your love to gain.

So I am lost,

So deep in love.

With you my darling,

Sent from up above.


Careless Fun-2001

Last night was great mom,

You should have been there.

We had so much fun,

Until we saw the gun.

Everyone thought it was just a joke,

As they all grabbed one more coke.

But then the suspect took an aim,

This turned out as no game.

As the gun pointed at me,

I wished I had somewhere else to be.

The he asked me one simple question,

“Do you believe in God?”

I didn’t want to speak,

So all I did was nod.

All I heard was a ‘boom,’

And fell flat to the carpet of the room.

The paramedics came,

Then I heard you call my name.

Blood was surrounding me,

It’s all I could see.

I kept wondering,

If this was true.

But the doctor did

All he could do.

And when he said I would die,

You started to cry.

I just want you to know,

It’s my turn to go.

Even though, there is nothing we can do,

Just remember- I’ll always love you.


Friendship-2001

To Courtney Henehan & Ashley Hull

It’s not just a word.

It’s how you act,

And what you say.
And I could never pay,

For anything better.

Ashlee it was your advice,

That got me through the year.

Courtney it was your caring,

That brought me here.

Your talent is not too hard to see,

It’s in your heart for eternity.

And now that the year is finished,

Our friendship is never diminished.

And we can always write or call,

Even though we won’t see each other

In the hall.

You see,

Our friendship will never die,

And just like God,

I don’t lie.

My Mistake-2001

I promised you forever,

I’d be with you until the end.

But what I did was crazy,

Is it something we can mend?

I broke your heart,

And so you walked away.

And I’ve been missing you

Every day.

I can’t sleep,

Without you there.

Now you wonder if I even care.

Why did I do it?

I do not know,

But it makes me feel so low.

I am about to cry,

And I cannot think.

Because I am losing you,

My extra link.

Grandpa-2001

To: Grandpa Snedeker

We never really talked,

But I knew you always cared.

It’s because of all the wonderful memories

We have shared.

And Grandpa, when you died,

I felt really bad on the inside.

I cried and I cried,

Until the day was night.

I never again expected to

See the morning light.

I begged God to give you back,

Because Grandpa,

It is you we all lack.

And as I go day by day,

I never expected a

Person like you to stray.

It broke my heart in two,

But I have come to realize,

There is nothing I can do.

Not My Fault-2001

I snuck out tonight dad,

I know it was wrong.

I hope you’re not mad for long.

I went to a friend’s house dad,

But I didn’t have alcohol to drink.

I only took cool water from the sink.

And the driver,

He was drunk.

Next thing I knew, I heard a clunk.

It was louder than you think,

But it always is when you hit a tree.

Right now I can hardly see.

My seatbelt was on dad,

But he went through the glass.

The tree had lots of mass.

The paramedics came,

But there’s nothing they can do.

I just want you to know,

I love you.

I will miss you dad,

But I have to say goodbye.

My time has come now, to die.

Separate Ways-2001

I walked in,

You walked out.

Is that what a relationship is all about?

You swore you’d love me,

Through and through.

But now that you left,

I don’t know what to do.

When you said

You don’t believe what I say,

That is when I decided to go my own way.

If I Said I Love You-2001

If I said I love you,

Would you turn and run?

Or would you say it back?

What would you do

If I said I love you?

If I said I love you,

Would you understand

My love,

My feelings,

My thoughts?

What would you do

If I said I love you?

When I said I love you,

You had no reply.

You simple turned your head away,

And then said goodbye.

When Our Eyes Met-2001

When our eyes met,

I swore I wouldn’t let,

Myself fall in-love.

But as I began to see,

The way you could be,

I fell so deep.

Your eyes took over my mind,

Along with your words so kind,

These things I couldn’t forget.

They say love takes time,

But I’ll bet a dime,

I can fall with just one look.

Is This Right? -2001

In the shadows

Against the night

I feel your heart beat

Can this be right

I shouldn’t be here

But I have nowhere else to go

If you really think about it

No one else has to know

In your arms

As you kiss my face

Let me tell you

I love the feeling of your embrace

This might not be right

But I don’t care

Because you and I

We make the perfect pair.

Goodbye-2001

When I saw his body,

I asked God why.

Why he was all banged up,

And why he had to die.

I grabbed his hand,

It was terribly cold.

That’s when I knew

I would never again have him to hold.

The look on his face,

Was straighter than straight.

I thought for sure,

He would be my soul mate.

But as I walk away,

I look back once more.

As my stare is stopped

By the shutting door.


Scary Dream-2001

I lay in your arms,

In your embrace.

But as your grip gets tighter,

My heart starts to race.

Oh my gosh,

I cannot breathe.

I want to get up

And just leave.

But you…

You will not let me go.

I see it now,

It is your anger you show.

Did I do something wrong?

Or not say something right?
Everywhere I look,

It is dark not light.

I feel my breath get shorter,

I hear myself cry.

That is when I knew,

I would soon die.

“You’ll have to let me go sometime,”

That is what I said.

He just looked and replied,

“Not until you are in a coffin bed.”

Tough Love-2001

He put the ring on her hand,

As she said “I do.”

But after a month,

He never said “I love you.”

Sometimes she cried herself to sleep,

Hoping he didn’t know.

She didn’t want to leave,

Because she needed him so.

But every time he hit her,

The pain just got worse.

So she left,

And only took her purse.

Because if ever y thing was gone,

He would see,

That she is gone,

And ran to me.


I Am-2001

I am the peach that tastes so sweet,

I am the ripened pear you long to eat.

I am the rain that falls,

I am the beckoning voice that calls.

I am the girl across the street,

I am the little boy that just got beat.

I am the hungry with no food,

I am the person with a bad attitude.

I am the trees that wave in the wind,

I am the one that never sinned.

I am the father of you all,

I am the one you can always call.

I am the here by your side,

You are the reason I came here and died.

I am the groom looking for his wife,

I am the one everyone needs in their life.

I am God up in the sky,

I am here for you,

That’s no lie.


Visiting Ghost-2001

I saw her,

But she was dead.

She was crying,

And had a bonnet on her head.

Her arms were out,

And face looked upset.

She wouldn’t move,

She was scared I bet.

Then she vanished,

Without a trace.

That’s when my heart

Was moving at a fast pace.

Questions ran through my mind,

Like whom she was.

What did she want?

And why wouldn’t she let me be?


She-2001

She can’t understand,

Because she can’t see.

How I love you,

And you love me.

I want to be with you,

But she is holding me back.

So it is you in my life,

That I lack.

I want to be in your arms,

And I want to kiss you.

But with her around,

There is nothing I can do.

Yet, I love you anyways,

And hope you will wait.

That way we can be more than friends,

And finally begin to date.

Believe in God-2001

“Christ on the cross,”

Now that’s a sight to see.

But only if,

You do not believe in He.

Because to me,

That is pain.

With God in me,

I have a lot to gain.

So don’t be mean,

Or call Him a bad name.

Because your eternity,

Is not a game.

Mom-2001

To: My Mom… Debra Vincent

You were always there for me,

Whether I needed you or not.

That is how I know,

You love me a lot.

When I had tears in my eyes,

You wiped them away.

When I was down,

You brightened up my day.

And as I grew older,

You were always by my side.

I have a lot of feelings,

Feelings I cannot hide.

Mom, you are the greatest

I mean that from m y heart.

I’m glad you were always there,

Right from the start.

So I’ll say I love you once more,

From deep within.

That’s all I will say it,

Until I see you again.


God in Us-2001

I don’t know you,

You don’t know me.

But we aren’t different,

As you can see.

It’s not our blonde hair

That makes us the same.

It’s not Ashley,

Which is our name.

It’s not the color of our eyes,

Which are blue.

It’s not that we go to Harpursville,

The same school.

It’s not that we smile,

Or talk a lot.

It’s nothing on this list,

No it’s not.

It’s not cheerleading,

The sport we do.

It’s that I have God in me,

And so do you.


Even Though I Love Him So-2001

I wish I had someone,

Coming to visit me.

Someone tall, handsome,

And strong as can be.

With blue eyes,

The color of the sky.

And someone who will never lie.

With his hair cut really short,

And the color brown.

Someone who likes to hang in town.

With the top bleached

Like white whip-cream.

He really seems like a dream.

Yet, he doesn’t know…

Even though,

I love him so,

I really have to let him go.

I wish I could only make him see,

That him and I

Could never really be.

We couldn’t’ be more

Than we are today.

So that is why I have to

Just walk away.

Hopefully he understands,

Because it’s hard to explain.

But if I stay with him

What exactly do I gain?

I won’t understand that question

Because I don’t know the answer.

I really have to let him go…

Even though I love him so.


Art in You -2001

An art is a painting,

But nothing compares to you.

There is no color,

Like your eyes so blue.

Your skin so soft,

Your hair so sweet.

And when I’m near you

I can feel the radiation of your heat.

The look in your eyes,

The touch of your hand.

Being just your friend

I cannot stand.

I long for a kiss,

But I can only hope and pray

That maybe

We can be lip to lip someday.


Here to Help-2001

I see something,

When I look into your eyes.

I see your laughs,

And your cries.

I see your courage,

And your hope.

I see you,

Trying to cope.

I just stare

To understand.

I feel your pain,

When I take your hand.

I want to help you,

But I don’t know how.

Even though,

You need me now.

If one day,

You need a friend,

Don’t forget

I can help you mend.

So just pick up the phone

And give me a call.

No matter what time of day,

It doesn’t matter at all.

I am here for you,

Like you were for me.

And that is something

I know we both see.


Goodbye Kiss-2001

You said you’d always stay,

And love me more day by day.

You said you’d never let me go,

So tell me what I need to know.

Why did you give me a goodbye kiss?

Why did you go and do this?

What is this goodbye kiss for?

Why are you walking out the door?

Why are you kissing me goodbye?

Why is our love about to die?

Why are you doing this to me?

Please explain, please help me to see.

I thought you loved me,

But now you are gone.

And we have been together

Together for so long.

I don’t want you to leave,

But I can’t make you stay.

I love you still- either way.

I will cherish this goodbye kiss,

But I will always wonder,

Why you did this.


Girls Broken Heart-2001

I see a girl.

A lonely one.

And it seems

She has nowhere to run.

She has a heart.

A broken heart.

And it looks like,

Her tears are about to start.

Is she crying

Because of you?

Is there anything

I can do?

She ran into your open arms

Hoping for a comfort embrace.

Instead you stole her innocence

And now can’t even wipe the tears

From her face.


CRY-2001

Tears are like rain,

And rain is from Heaven.

Then when do I feel pain,

If Heaven is a happy place?

I like tears but I don’t want to cry.

Because crying makes me sad.

When I cry, I ask myself why?

Why do I sit and cry?


One Side of Love-2001

I tried to make you love me,

I tried to love you back.

But you didn’t love me,

Is there something I lack?

You never kissed me

Or looked my way.

And when we are together,

You don’t know what to say.

Why are you like this?

Why don’t you care?

When I look,

You are never there.

I love you a lot,

But I am letting you go.

Because you don’t love me,

That is what we both know.


Someone- 2001

I’m all alone,

And very cold.
I want someone here,

Someone to hold.

Someone to kiss,

And tell me goodnight.

I want someone near me,

When I turn out the light.

But no one is around,

No one at all.

No one to love,

And no one to call.

No one for you,

And no one for me.

So by myself

Is the way I’ll be.

How I Know- 2001

How do I know you love me?

It comes pretty clear.

The touch of your hand,

When you’re always near.

When you whisper in my ear,

I love what you say.

And I want to be with you,

Every single day.

I want to hold you,

And never let go.

It’s clear you love me,

That’s how I know.


Two- 2001

2 people 2 love,

2 hearts together.

2 people as 1,

2 people forever.


Our Love- 2001

I love you with all my heart,

I have from the start.

No one can take my love away,

No one can make our love stray.

So together we will stay,

And keep loving more every day.


You- 2001

When I look in your eyes,

I see love… not a lie.

And I know you’ll never,

Make me cry.

What I long for,

Is a gentle kiss.

One full of sweetness,

And tender bliss.

When we hug,

I never want to let go.

I am so in love with you,

I hope you know.


He Wanted- 2001

He held her hand,

Then touched her face.

With every move,

His heart would race.

He wanted to look,

Deep in her eyes.

He didn’t want to say,

His goodbyes.

Every minute,

Passed with vain.

He wanted to bring her back,

But that was insane.

He bent over,

“I love you,” is what he said,

To his girlfriend

Who lay there- dead.


It’s Just the Night- 2001

Alone in the silence,

In the darkness of my room.

I lay awake,

Cause out love ended so soon.

I hear your voice,

I wonder if you’re there.

But it’s only the whistle,

Of the winter air.

Yet I smell your fragrance,

Which lingers around.

And now my heart,

Begins to pound.

I can’t get the thought of you,

Out of my head.

Or even the sweet words,

That you said.

But when I get the courage

To turn on the light,

I see that you aren’t here,

It’s just the night.


When I’m with Him- 2001

When I’m with him,

It seems

No one is around.

When we are together,

I can hardly keep my feet,

On the ground

And,

When he says

He loves me,

Oh-

That’s a sight,

You must see.

He looks really nervous,

Yet,

His eyes glow.

What he’s saying,

Is not a lie,

That’s simply how I know.


Don’t- 2001

Don’t you worry.

Cause I can see.

You are in love with her…

And not me.

Don’t try to hide,

Or begin to lie.

Because over you,

I won’t cry.

I won’t shed a tear

For you.

Cause I have

Better things to do.

I will be sad,

Or upset.

But my heart won’t break,

I won’t let it.

So to you,

I say goodbye.

As another part of me,

Is about to die.


All Your Lies- 2001

I feel sadness,

I feel pain.

I have a question,

What do I gain?

I lost trust,

But I gained fear.

Now I can’t believe,

What I hear.

You say you love me,

But you don’t really.

Every feeling I have,

Is rather silly.

So now I don’t believe,

Any guy.

Cause I think,

What they say is a lie.

Thank you for putting me,

In that position.

I guess you have

Completed your mission.


Not What I Thought It Was- 2001

Being in your arms,

In the shadows of the night.

You hold me close,

And very tight.

You kiss me with passion,

And sweet bliss.

Please don’t stop,

Your gentleness.

But as I awake,

From my loving dreams.

I see we aren’t together,

It’s not what it seems.

So I go back to sleep,

With you in my head.

Although I wish,

You were here…

In my bed.


Enemies- 2001

By: Becca Brown too.

So many enemies,

I don’t know what to do.

You think they are your friends,

Then they turn on you.

Was it something you did

Or did not say?

Maybe you didn’t need them,

Anyway.

You probably could trade in,

One good for one bad.

But maybe the new one,

Will also make you mad.

I have a best friend,

One that God sent.

And when I say “best,”

That is what I meant.

So I guess I don’t need anyone else,

As you can see.

Cause I have this special one friend,

To stand beside me.


Getting You Back- 2001

I never wanted to hurt you,

But when I left,

You almost died.

From all the tears you have cried.

And when I left,

I realized my love for you,

Was still strong and true.

For this reason I knew what to do.

I have to get you back,

I have to have you,

Here with me.

That would be hard, so I could see.

When I asked first,

You turned me down,

Totally flat.

Which made me feel like a rat.

But somehow

I brought you back to me,

And promised to never let go.

Because I love more and more and even more than you know.

So three years later,

You are still here with me,

Sharing the love and trust.

Because being together is a must.

You Said- 2001

You said you loved me,

And soon we will be together.

And that’s when I thought,

Always and forever.

You said you’d wipe my tears away,

If I ever cried.

And that you would be there,

Until the day you died.

You said you would marry me,

And never let me go.

You’d cherish every day,

In your hear, that’s what you know.

You said as we grow old,

One of us would die.

And most likely

The other one would cry.

You said if you did go first,

You’d wait at the Golden Gate.

You told me to take my time on Earth

It’s okay if I was late.

But you said if I went first,

Not to give up on you.

Because you’d see me,

When your business was through.

Then you said we’d see each other

And fall in love all over again.

But you weren’t –

Quite sure when.

It came the day I was about to die,

And you didn’t know what to say.

So you repeated those words,

From the first day.

You said you loved me

And we’d soon be together.

That is when I thought,

Always and forever.


September-Eleventh 01- 2001

We were hit in a terrible way,

And we still remember,

That awful day.

Terrorism swept the country,

And put fear in our hearts,

And this is where,

World War three starts.

We bombed them with bombs,

Then we threw them food.

But only because to his people,

Bin Laden was rude.

Every minute of our lives,

We hope and pray.

Hoping we can be normal,

Again someday.

America stands united,

Although our nation had a terrible fall.

Upon God

Is where we call.

Someday,

The world will see.

America is one,

And we stand united and free.


Let Time Take Me- 2001

Although we haven’t mat,

I still love you.

Without you in my life,

I don’t know what I would do.

And though,

We are far away.

We still give each other,

The time of day.

We have a dream,

Of being together.

I can’t say we won’t,

Cause I never say never.

So I’ll just let time,

Carry me through.

Until the day,

That I am with you.


Could- 2001

Could you love someone,

Someone you just met?

I wouldn’t know,

I haven’t yet.

Could you want someone,

Want them so bad?

But when you can’t have them,

Could you be sad?

Could you cry,

Over someone you don’t know?

Even if you love,

Love that person so.

Could you die

For that complete Stanger?

Would you put

Your life in danger?

Could love happen,

Happen at first sight?

I wouldn’t know,

But it just might.


Alone with Him- 2001

I sit alone

In a crowded room.

No one knows I am here,

So I assume.

I am right in front of them,

Yet they don’t see.

And when I sayhello,

They don’t hear me.

Suddenly, the party dies down,

And everyone is gone.

I am truly alone now,

Though I have been for so long.

So I sit here,

On my promise land.

Where I have one friend,

God’s holy hand.


Only with Time- 2001

Love is like a dozen roses,

It brightens up your day.

And only to know love is there,

It’s what you have to say.

When those three special words are said,

You should not feel shame.

Because love is romantic,

It’s not a game.

You can’t buy love,

I’ll bet a dime.

That only love comes,

With growing and time.


On My Mind- 2001

You are always on my mind

No matter what I do.

And the more I think

The more I think I love you.

The way you look at me

And the sound of your voice.

Leave me with

But one choice.

I want to be with you

And feel your sweet kiss.

You are someone

I never want to miss.

My love for you Larry

Is no game.

And I hope

You feel the same.


Hurt by You, Loved By Him- 2001

The days have passed,

But I can still remember how I felt.

I remember the circumstances,

And how they were dealt.

You stood watching me,

As my life was torn in two.

As I read what you wrote,

I didn’t know what to do.
I did not cry,

Because that’s what you were waiting for.

So I just laughed,

As I read some more.

But when you left,

My tears began to fall.

This time I felt,

Like I had run into a wall.

Next to me,

I had a friend.

He held my hand,

And gave me his love to lend.

He understood my thought,

And feeling.

Then helped me,

With the process of healing.

He’s what got me where I am,

He’s who taught me to finally let go.

We both have someone else,

That’s what we both know.

I never want to feel pain again,

And I know he won’t hurt me.

So now I pass him,

My hearts lock and key.

Hit By My Brother- 2001

You let me go to the party,

Because all my friends were there.

I didn’t drink alcohol,

I didn’t dare.

So I got in my car,

When the party was done.

But when I turned the key,

The engine wouldn’t run.

When the other car came,

They hit me instead.

That’s when I thought for sure,

I was dead.

The impact of the car,

Was too great.

How could someone

Have this much hate?

I opened my eyes,

To see you mom, standing there.

Close enough to touch,

Breathing the same air.

I searched the night,

With my eyes.

But only to find,

Some guys.

They are the ones,

That did this to me.

Why are they here?

Why are they next to me?

As I starred,

A little bit more.

I noticed one was my brother,

Out of the four.

He was holding the keys,

To the worn-out truck.

He was the one who hit me,

Just my luck.

Did he mean to

Or was it just fate?

I don’t know,

But it’s getting late.

All he does,

Is stand and stare.

As blood pours out of me,

From everywhere.

And when you start to cry mom,

The medics come.

But there is nothing they can do.

I am already numb.

It feels like someone,

Stabbed me with a knife.

And all I can think is,

I have no more life.

Tell daddy,

Not to worry.

I will get to Heaven,

Although I am in no hurry.

Mom, I still love you,

With all my heart.

I thank you for everything,

From the start.

And one last thing,

Before I go.

Tell my brother

I forgive him so.

I guess it is now time,

For me to say goodbye.

And it is time,

For me to die.


Gone- 2001

I never wanted to leave you,

Cause in my heart I always cared.

And we had many wonderful

Memories we shared.

But the hate between us,

Too all the power.

That’s when our love,

Became weak and sour.

Our “I love you’s”

Meant nothing at all.

And before we kissed,

We’d find a reason to stall.

So for the best,

I had to leave and never look back.

Although it is now love,

We both lack.


Our Relationship Tragedy-2001

Letting go is easier said than done,

So people say.

I never thought about it,

Up until that day.

I fell in love

On a chilly March night.

Hoping he was

The one that would treat me right.

But our relationship got harder,

As the months past.

When we broke up the first time,

It wasn’t the last.

We got back together,

But sometime through

Problems fell in place,

And left me with nothing to do.

I couldn’t run form them,

Nor could I hide.

So day by day,

I stayed by your side.

I didn’t know,

I was just meat for you.

Although everyone else,

Saw right through you.

They all saw your lies,

And evil ways.

Loving you should be a crime,

And I am the one that pays.

After you broke up with me again,

I verified it on the spot.

I had to,

Whether I loved you or not.

That is when,

You confessed your awful sin.

And I thought,

I could never love again.

Now you want me back,

But I won’t fall

For your pathetic

Begging call.

Maybe I loved you,

And maybe I still do.

But there is no third chance.

I don’t need you.

We hardly knew each other,

But still, we rushed right in.

I learned my lesson

So I won’t do that again.

Love comes from one place

And that is the heart.

But before love,

Friendship is a start.

If you want a life-long relationship,

Here’s what to do.

Don’t abuse those three special words:

I love you.


Grandma-2001

To: Grandma Snedeker

I sat in my room,

Wondering what to do.

Trying to picture my life and world

Without you.

And when I get so close,

I am still far away.

Because I realize what I won’t

Hear you say,

Such as:

I love you and goodnight.

Without you here,

It wouldn’t seem right.

Grandma I would miss your kisses,

And tender heart.

That’s why I wish,

We never have to part.

But soon,

One of us will have to go.

And in my heart,

This is what I know…

I will always love you,

And want you to stay.

But I know our lives change,

With everyday.


Broke Through-2001

My heart and soul cry out,


To be with you.

But for some strange reason,

I ant break through.

The devil is holding me back,

Cause I can feel him pull.

But I want to be with you,

As a whole.

He tugs me in this direction,

Although I wanna go in that.

I guess I didn’t see the signs,

Of this sly and selfish rat.

But wait,

What is this I feel?

My chains are broken,

And my heart began to heal.

Finally I broke free,

And I got through.

So now I can live,

In eternity with you.


I Never Thought-2001

I never thought,

I could love you.

I never thought,

That feeling was there.

In all honesty,

I never did care.

Until that day,

We had so much fun.

I never thought,

This day would come.

I guess I was too blind to see,

Or just very dumb.

Because you loved me,

That was a fact.

I never thought,

Feelings could be that deep.

And now I want to be yours,

Yours to keep.

My love for you,

Began to appear.

But to love again,

Is kind of tough.

I never thought,

My love was enough.


Flirt-2001

I love to have,

People notice me.

And hopefully,

They like what they see.

Even though I am married,

That won’t keep the guys away.

Causes they are around me,

Both night and day.

The attention that I get,

Is more than I deserve.

And if you don’t notice me,

You got to have some nerve.

Cause I do my best,

To strut my stuff and flirt.

And I don’t care,

Whose feelings I hurt.

Because you don’t get,

What you see.

All you get is…

Basically – me!


Just Because… Doesn’t Mean-2001

Given that you love me,

Given that you care.

Just because you do these

Doesn’t’ me you’ll be there.

I prayed to God you wouldn’t leave,

I prayed to God you’d stay.

Just because I prayed this

Doesn’t mean you’ll be here every day.

I asked you to marry me,

I asked you for your heart.

Just because I asked

Doesn’t mean we won’t part.

I keep telling myself this,

I keep repeating it in my head.

But I shouldn’t be dwelling

I should love you instead.

Now I kiss you,

Now I say goodnight,

And in your arms,

We sleep until there is light.

And through the night I have a dream,

And through the night you aren’t there.

You have left,

It’s only air.

I guess I should have listened,

To what my heart had said.

Cause if I did,

I wouldn’t be alone in bed.


Disney Movie Poem-2001

Nobody knows their destiny,

Until they get there.

They don’t know when,

Or even where.

Maybe at the end of a yellow brick road,

Or somewhere on land.

Maybe with a charming toad,

Or a special princess.

But don’t let me catch you sleeping,

Or turning a pumpkin into a carriage.

Unless you want to propose

A thing called marriage.

We can have seven little men,

Seating the guests.

We can invite Bambi,

If he doesn’t make a mess.

Maybe we can have a double ceremony

With Lady and the Tramp.

And you can invite,

Aladdin, his Genie and the Lamp too.

Tarzan and the Jungle people

Can be ushers.

As long as they can find,

Something sensible to wear.

Then we can end it

With an awakening kiss.

Just because every princess

Has done this.

No comments: