Saturday, August 28, 2010

2000 Poetry

Gone in a Second-2000

An old woman sits,

As she pulls yarn to knit.

Her breath so little,

Her mind so big.

She imagines a bird,

And a blue sky.

Her life is about to end,

But little by little she fights.

Then she is on the floor,

And no one is around.

All she leaves behind is a sweater,

And a life full of memories.


Cute-2000

A cute guy

Is looking

At me,

And all I am doing

Is fluffing

My hair.


Tis’-2000

Tis’ it not by fire,

Tis’ it not by force,

That we came together.

Tis’ it not by you,

Tis’ it not by me,

That we came together.

Tis’ it by God,

Up in the sky.

He sent me for you,

And you for I.


Wrong Move-2000

Dear Mother,

Mom, I know that you love me,

Mom, I know that you care.

I gave you that special key,

To always be there.

But one night you never came,

And I did something wrong.

What I did will give you shame,

And it’s time to say so-long.

Mom, I drank too much,

Mom, I know it wasn’t right.

How I wish I could feel you touch,

And I was not too bright.

This is my confession,

I hope you’re not mad.

I know I’m your most valuable possession,

And you’re probably sad.

Mom, I have to say goodbye,

Mom, I know this is tough.

It’s now my turn to die,

And it’s really kind of rough.

I love you.

-Your Daughter


The Perfect Poem-2000

What is the perfect poem?

Is it about love and romance,

Or is it about life and death?
Does it make a person happy,
Or does it make a person sad?
Can it laugh,
Or can it cry?
Is a poem loud and noisy,
Or is it soft and silent?
What is the perfect poem?


About Us-2000

The same day that we said “I do,”

I meant that I will,

Always be with you.

I would cherish,

And love,

I would stay,

And commit my life to one person today.

It looks as if to me,

You were just…

There.

Not meaning one word,

Nor showing…

You cared.

I guess,

I’ll move on…

And find someone to actually love,

Because God has it in his plans,

From up above.


Angels-2000

Mom, it wasn’t fate,

That I’m still alive.

I got into a car accident,

Where I should have died.

But mom, I had someone watching,

From way up above.

I should have known,

I was covered in love.

Mom, it was the angels,

That stayed by my side.

If they would have left,

I would have died.


Lonely and Lost-2000

I love him,

He loves me.

Together forever is how we shall be.

But then he said goodbye,

The next day I started to cry.

People said that he would leave,

But I did not believe.

Now he’s gone,

And I feel lost…

I took a chance,

And paid the cost.

He has left,

And won’t come back,

His love for me,

Is what I lack.

This is hard,

I love him so,

And for all these reasons,

I just can’t let go.


Why Me? -2000

I thought that pain could never come from you,

But this hurts bad.

I thought that pain was just a word,

But this is really sad.

The thought of not loving you,

Is not much fun.

Without loving you,

Where would I run?

Pain and love don’t mix,

I wish that you could see.

Only one question comes to mind,

Why me?


Letting Go-2000

By: Rayna Whitman too

This isn’t the first,

He’s done it before.

He took my heart,

And shoved it out the door.

He broke it once,

He can do it again.

This is too tough,

I don’t know where to begin.

I know that guys come and go,

But this one I just can’t let go…

You know?

He is sweet with a heart of gold,

But he would leave,

So I was told.

But I refused to listen,

To anything they say.

So I decided to do it,

My way.

I love him dearly,

But this is my decision.

I guess it’s for the best,

Cause we were headed

Straight into a collision.

I said it once,

I can say it again,

I loved him from beginning to end.

Though it’s hard to say,

I’ll say it once,

And not again,

I loved him from beginning to end.


Keeping With Jesus-2000

Listen with your ears,

And open your heart.

Call upon the Lord with prayers,

As Satan tries to tempt,

To keep you and God apart.

With the touch of angels, healing your pain.

Just cry to Jesus,

Using his holy name.

Satan hates to hear this,

He falls away from you.

Keep Jesus within your soul,

And you will be forever whole and true.


The Shot-2000

It happened so quickly,

I couldn’t believe my eyes.

My mind is getting thick,

I can still hear the cries.

The man was in black,

The guys said to be quiet.

He pulled out a little sack,

There was no riot.

He showed us the gun,

And rang out a shot.

I knew someone’s life was done,

Believe it or not.


Make-Believe Dream-2000

When I see us,

In a make-believe dream.

I see you and me,

I see electricity.

I see the gentle kiss,

That I’m glad I didn’t miss.

I feel the touch,

That tells me you love me so much.

But that’s only when I see us,

In a make-believe dream.


Imagine Up There-2000

Up in Heaven, in the bright blue sky,

For goodness sakes, did I just die?

Look at me, I have no fear,

Goodness gracias, what do I hear?

Angels here,

Angels there,

For the life of me, they’re everywhere.

Silver castles, Golden Gates,

All these things, Satan hates.

God himself, in front of me,

Can you imagine the sight I see?

Up in heaven, in the bright blue sky,

For goodness sakes, I did just die.


Stay-2000

I stay,

You stay,

We stay,

Together.


Love-2000

Love is good,

Love is kind.

Love can mean,

Love can be undefined.

All love is,

Is traditional.

But all my love is,

Is unconditional.


One Moment-2000

As I look across the room,

I immediately assume…

You are there.

After my constant find,

I repeat in my mind…

What I’ll say.

As my eyes meet yours,

My heart soars…

In my body.

After you come over to me,

I finally see…

We are meant to be.

Then the light…

Hits the floor,

And you are gone-

Once more.


Simple Reason-2000

I am sweet,

With a heart of gold.

And he was mean,

Or so I was told.

They told me to keep away,

But I loved him more and more every day.


To Stay or Not To Stay-2000

You have the key

I have the door.

Open it up

And let our bodies soar.

Share your thoughts

Share your dreams.

Have our days

Be filled with sunbeams.

And if you leave,

Don’t come back.

Then a person to love

Is what you will lack.


The Cold Hard Truth-2000

I’m feeling sad,

Because me love is going bad.

When I said “I do,”

I never thought I would stop loving you.

I think it’s now safe to say,

My love for you has gone away.


Me + U-2000

Me + U

U + I

2 for 2

Until we die.


Counting Down to You-2000

10’s too many

So I’ll kick away Lenny.

9 there’s too much lyin’

So I’ll bootaway Ryan.

8 eats too big of a meal

So I’ll send away Neal.

7 will leave me cryin’

So I’ll say good bye to Bryan.

6 will make sick

So I’ll say good bye to Nick.

5 is too much to cart

So I’ll leave behind Bart.

4 I might as well go to bed

So I’ll run away from Fred.

3 I won’t be carin’

So ADIOS Aaron!

2 I’ll go insane

So see ya later Kane.

1 I’ll have no one to lack

So I’ll stick with you

My darling Zach.

No comments: