Saturday, August 28, 2010

2003 Poetry #2

Best Sister-2003

Together in time,

We are awaiting forever.

Holding on to memories,

That will fade away never.

No specific date,

For “us” to start.

A loving tie,

That cannot break apart.

Only one person,

This poem is to.

It’s to the best sister,

Which happens to be you.


My Friend-2003

I have been talking to you,

And I am surprised we are.

It’s still hard to talk,

Because it’s still too far.

But you have been listening,

To me complain.

Yet you still happen,

To be semi-sane.

Yesterday we talked,

Without end.

And there is only one thing left to say,

I am so happy you are my friend.


Stephanie-2003

To: Stephanie Seidel

A person like you,

Is hard to find,

In a world like this.

I have to say,

If one of us has to go away,

It’s you I will surly miss.

I won’t replace you.

Not like,

I ever could.

If we could be together,

As friends and sisters forever,

I would.

Stephanie,

I love you girl,

And always will.

Being friends with you,

My heart is what,

You fill.


Behind the Seat-2003

We sat waiting,

For the driver to come back.

And when he did,

He pulled a gun out of a sack.

We screamed bloody murder,

Just like normal girls would.

We would have ran away,

But there’s no way we could.

I asked him once,

“Are you going to kill us?”

He said no,

Yet we still made a fuss.

I put my hand,

Behind the seat.

I held my best friend’s hand,

As my stomach fell to my feet.

One last time,

I asked: “Seriously, are you going to kill us?”

He didn’t answer as our hearts beat faster.

He just kind of looked at us,

As terror swept our face.

We were almost to our destination,

Hoping we got to that place.

Holding our breath,

As we got out of his truck.

So far so good,

But it’s just our luck.

We called the guys,

And they raced to our side.

But by that time,

The gunman was off to hide.

We made it through the night,

Scared but alive and well.

Thanks to them,

We were out of hell.


I Guess We’ll See-2003

I miss the way,

We had a friendship,

That was so upbeat.

But just last night,

We let something,

Take away the heat.

What is it that we let,

Get in the way,

Of us being friends for now?

When did it come between us?

Why?

And I want to know how.

Did you let it?

Was it my fault?

Or did we both have a part?

I guess I just don’t understand,

Exactly how we got,

This to start.

But I’ll say this once,

So listen up,

I am sorry- believe me.

Can we be as good friends,

As we were?

I don’t know- I guess we’ll see.


Never Would Have-2003

I just hope,

That what she said,

Didn’t get to you.

I mean like,

Make you think,

It is true.

Because I hope you know,

I love you,

And need you by my side.

There aren’t any feelings I have,

I cannot possibly,

Ever, ever hide.

I love you hunny,

Don’t doubt that,

For a second at all.

Because if I didn’t love you,

Then believe me,

I would never have fallen.


Through the Night-2003

Laying right next to you,

As I feel your heart beat,

I kiss your lips,

That calls me near.

Thinking,

“I am so glad I am here.”

Holding your hand,

As you embrace me,

I whisper “I love you,”

Quiet enough to fit the moment.

Hoping that you know,

Every word is meant.

Then time goes by,

As I sit in your car,

On my way home,

And now in the drive way.

Just the right time to say goodbye,

And start to cry.


Why I Cry-2003

No English words,

Could explain,

These feelings,

I have for you.

I get this feeling,

When I look at you,

Touch you,

Or say I love you too.

Nothing takes me over,

Like you do,

When you don’t,

Even try.

When we are apart,

I miss you,

And I don’t care what they say,

But that’s why I cry.


All True-2003

If I never said,

I love you,

Would you still know that I do?

If I never said,

I wanted you all the time,

Would you still know that you were mine?

If I never said,

I missed you at all,

Would you still know that I still fall?

Only you,

Always you,

I love, want, and miss you.

And it’s all true.


I Never Meant-2003

I never meant,

To look into your eyes,

And actually love you.

That’s not something,

I meant to do.

I never meant,

To ever actually,

Love you at all.

Not once,

Did I mean to fall.

It just kind of happened.

But now,

I don’t regret it.

My heart fell for you,

Mainly because I let it.

But what I never meant,

I am glad,

It all came true.

And now all I ever mean to do,

Is completely love you.


Opposite Classmates-2003

To: Roxanna Rinker

We weren’t exactly “friends,”

But “enemies” we weren’t either.

We never really “hung-out,”

Nor did we “talk” neither.

I always thought you were “cool,”

Much “cooler” than me.

We are completely opposite,

That’s not hard to see.

You’re the athlete,

I am the beauty pageant dreamer instead.

I look to what’s happening in life now,

You look to what’s ahead.

But I still see you,

In the halls and classes every day.

Wondering if I will have enough “courage,”

Just to stop and say,

“I look up to you,”

And hey…

Maybe we won’t ever be “friends,”

But at least I know this way,

I spoke to you,

And I still felt okay.


A-2003

A love so tender,

A love so true.

A deep promise,

I made to you.

A kiss to last a lifetime,

A hug to hold me through the day.

“I love you,”

Is all I want to hear you say.

A passing second,

Without you here.

A passing moment,

I need you near.

A last thing,

I must tell.

Even if you didn’t love me,

I still would have fell.


In You-2003

Our life used to be,

A movie-screen life.

Friendships were easy,

And lasted long.

How did this happen?

I thought our friendship was strong.

We stood our ground,

Hand in hand.

We were always unique,

In out semi-eccentric way.

And I never thought,

Our friendship would stray.

But it did,

And it seems there is nothing to do.

The significance is?

Nada!

I miss my __________ friend…

The one I had in you!


Forever-2003

Forever.

I can’t explain,

What it means.

Forever.

Always with you,

Never apart.

Forever.

How I want to spend it,

Is only with you.

Forever.


Drip-2003

Drip, drip,

On my head.

Heavier that paper,

Lighter than lead.

What is this drip,

That hits me?

It’s the rain,

I can see.

Little drops,

Of H20.

I don’t want to be wet,

So I will let you go.


Mom-2003

Mom said if I got bit by a snake,

I’d know it.

Mom said if I had a ball,

I’d throw it.

Mom said if I wasn’t careful,

I’d lose my mind.

But shush… don’t tell her,

It’s already something I cannot find.


To Make Him Go-2003

She tried not to show,

She wanted him now.

She tried so hard,

But she didn’t know how.

She still ached,

To hear his voice.

She had to let him go,

She had no choice.

But so she heard,

Her name lingered in his lips.

As she hears that,

Her heart rips.

But she had to let him go,

And now she will.

But now in order to make him go,

She must kill.


I Have Mine-2003

A single footstep,

Is embedded in the sand.

A puzzle piece right in front of,

Where I stand.

A little whisper,

When no one’s around.

A shake from my foot,

Hitting the ground.

So many things unexplainable,

Happened all at the same time.

Everyone has their opinions,

I have mine.

Do You?-2003

Sometimes I wonder,

How did we ever fall in love?

Do you?

Sometimes I wonder,

Why do I miss you so much?

Do you?

Sometimes I wonder,

Are we meant to be?

Do you?

Sometime I wonder,

Are we going to last forever?

Do you?

One thing I never wonder,

Is will we ever fall out of love?

Do you?


The Angel Died-2003

Poor little girl,

That sits and cries.

Can’t do a thing,

As she dies.

Her parents were doing drugs,

And the car had flipped onto the hood.

She tried to scream,

But never could.

Help never came,

For this poor little girl who cried.

Maybe that’s the reason,

The angel died.


By Will-2003

Hold me forever,

Love me until the end.

Never give up on m,

Never be just my friend.

Kiss me when I’m down,

Hold me when I’m scared.

I fell in love with you by will,

I wasn’t dared.


Friend-2003

I needed a new friend,

And I found one in you.

Needless to say,

I am glad too.

We laugh and we joke,

Like normal friend would.

I feel like I can tell you things,

To my other friend I never could.

So just as a reminder,

Thanks for being my friend.

I am sure I will say that enough,

With the time we spend.


Soldier-2003

To: The U.S. Troops

Holding her hand,

The child looked up to the sky.

Nothing was said,

But the mother began to cry.

Kneeling down,

Then lifting her hands,

The child still,

Only stands.

The mother had a baby,

And showed it to the sky.

So her soldier could see it,

Because he fought to die.


One Guy-2003

One guy,

That lost all he had.

Maybe that is why,

This one guy was sad.

His wife perished,

In WWIII just the other day.

This one guy,

Still didn’t know what to say.

His wife was brave,

And fought her best.

And did all she could,

Until she was laid to rest.

Prom-2003

It was supposed to be,

The most unforgettable night,

Of our “high school” days.

And as it turns out,

It was perfect,

In so many ways.

A limo picked us up,

At half passed 6,

To make it there by 7.

They chose the song,

And the theme was,

Something about being in Heaven.

Our hair was up,

And our dresses,

Flowed just right.

Walking into prom,

With our guys…

We’d light up the night.

Prom flew by,

As we danced,

The night away.

And on the way,

To the party…

Believe me; we had a lot to say.

We talked about it all,

From pictures,

To kissing.

Yet,

I guess,

There was only one thing missing.

Alcohol!

What was a “party,”

Without that?

We had some,

And drank it all until,

We were passed out on the ground flat.

But when I say,

“On the ground,”

I mean literally.

What you don’t get,

Actually,

Is what you don’t see.

After the party,

We all drank and drove,

Without thinking it out.

Take a wild guess,

What tomorrow’s news,

Will be all about.


Thought, Prayed, Wished-2003

I thought,

We were meant to be.

I thought,

I was made for you and you for me.

I prayed,

We’d never have to say goodbye.

I prayed,

You’d never make me cry.

I wished,

To be with you forever.

I wished,

We’d always be together.

I never thought,

I’d love you like this.

I never prayed,

I’d have you to miss.

I never wished,

I’d have to say goodbye.

If I said I didn’t care,

That’d be the biggest lie.


FRIEND-2003

You’re behind me,

Just in case I Fall.

I got your back like you got mine,

And that makes our relationship Real.

There is no better combination,

Then you and I.

Hoping forever,

Our friendship won’t End.

Will I forget you?

Never.

I guess you can say,

“We’ll” never Die.

Check all my capitals,

And they spell FRIEND.


Near or Far-2003

Holding out my hand,

I asked if there was anyway,

That you could love me.

As you grabbed my hand,

I began to see…

You do love me,

With all your hear,

And much more.

When you kiss me,

My stomach hits the floor.

And only three words,

Can bring us so close,

Do you know what they are?

They’re I love you,

Whether you are near or far.


While I Cried-2003

I cried so softly,

But everyone heard.

I couldn’t understand,

Why I cried.

I tried so hard,

Not to let it show.

But my broken heart,

Poured it out.

Every emotion,

And every tear,

Spilled into the air.

My mind raced,

And my heart beat some more.

I got tired,

And needed your arms to hold me.

But you weren’t here,

To stop my tears.

You were thousands of miles away,

While I cried.


Missing You Now-2003

To: Curt Vincent

The last few months,

I have had this feeling,

Where I couldn’t stop,

Thinking of you.

No matter how hard I try,

It’s just something I can’t do.

I miss you like crazy,

But I try not to dwell,

On the simple fact,

You are not here.

Although sometimes I wish,

You were near.

It’s hard when I can’t,

Hear you say I love you,

Before I go to bed,

Or have a simple goodnight.

Without you around,

My life doesn’t feel right.

When no one is around,

I catch myself,

Beginning to cry,

Just a little bit.

I can’t say life is perfect,

Because that doesn’t seem to fit.

I need you here,

Because I miss you,

More than you know,

And no one else can do.

No one can take your place,

I am still waiting on you.

So come back,

Into my life,

And stay by my side.

So I am no longer sad.

Because you are all I need,

And I love you dad.


The Love She Knew-2003

Holding her hand,

They walked through the night.

All he kept saying was,

“You’ll be alright.”

She knew he was lying,

She knew she’d be dead.

Then something made her think,

“This is all in your head.”

She said, “He won’t hurt you,

That’s just not him.”

Her eyes were getting blurry,

Everything was going dim.

She clenched his hand,

And she made an awful scream.

What she though,

Wasn’t exactly what it would seem.

But she still trusted him,

Because she loved him to death still.

Then that was,

When he made the kill.

The love she knew,

Was gone in a blink.

When the cops asked if he did it,

He said no with a wink.


Comparing You to Fate-2003

Holding back the memory,

And forgetting about the tears…

Pretending I don’t have,

All of these fears.

I still found myself comparing,

All guys to you.

I looked them up and down,

And even asked myself if they were like you too.

Letting go of the situations,

That left me crying in the end…

I took it upon myself,

To find a way for my broken heart to mend.

I always thought we had a good relationship,

And in someone else I looked for that too.

But no matter how hard I tried,

I couldn’t find someone like you.

Trying to ignore the pain,

And throw away the hurt…

I couldn’t believe,

You went and made me feel like dirt.

Deep down I wanted,

To find another like you.

Although I knew

I didn’t REALLY want a second “you.”

Especially after all I was put through,

Why would I want one like you?

I stopped comparing,

Long after we went our separate ways.

Yet I still thought of you,

For a lot of days.

But you were a jerk…

I just realized it too late.

I wish I figured it out sooner,

Because then I wouldn’t hesitate…

To let you go,

And say goodbye.

I wouldn’t have waited around,

For you to make me cry.

Now a year late I have the perfect guy,

And it was worth the wait…

Because I didn’t get him by comparing,

Him and I are together by fate.


I Hide Them-2003

I try not to show it,

Because I can’t let you see,

This confusion of feelings,

I hide in me.

Would you understand?

That is the question I hold.

Would you get the picture.

If I told?

I don’t want to mess things up,

I won’t let that happen now.

I want to tell you,

But I am so unsure how.

I guess I will just let it remain,

Right where I have kept it.

And for now I guess,

I will have to accept it.

When the time is right,

I will let you know how I feel inside.

And then I won’t have to,

Have my feelings hide.


The Night We Fell In Love-2003

The day I thought,

Would never arrive,

Was finally here.

I was ecstatic,

Happy and glad,

And my heart was sincere.

I held my breath,

As I stepped into my dress,

That was cut to there.

I walked to the door,

And you stood there so nice,

We made the perfect pair.

Things were going,

Just as planned,

All through the night.

Nothing could go wrong,

Nothing at all,

Because it all seemed just right.

Dancing the night away,

Looking into each other’s eyes,

And kissing non-stop too.

I was glad I was there,

With none other than…

Only you.

Time seemed to stop,

As the night came to an end,

And we both went home.

I knew I was in love,

But where were you?

I was all alone.

You must have read my mind,

Because the phone rang,

And it was you.

Telling me how you feel,

How you needed me,

And you loved me too.


Through the “Him’s” and on to You-2003

I hate when people say,

“You look meant to be.”

Because every time they saw it,

The relationship doesn’t work out for me.

Like when I was with him,

I thought that was it.

I didn’t know he’d cheat,

I didn’t call it.

And when I was with that one,

We lasted quite awhile too.

He was cute and sweet,

Then cheating is what I’d do.

Then I was with him,

And things went well.

But the distance sucked,

And put us both in Hell.

Then I found you,

And it’s “so-far, so-good.”

Are you my destiny?

It might be you could.

Couldn’t Get You to,

Then I Got You to,

Then I Couldn’t Make You See-2003

I couldn’t make you love me,

The way I thought you would.

I couldn’t make you want me,

The way I thought you should.

I couldn’t make you see,

I was you needed.

I couldn’t make you understand,

I never succeeded.

I got you to love me,

I got you to want me too,

I got you to say I love you.

But what I got,

Is what I lost within a year.

You left me crying,

And now you call her “dear.”

Like is important,

Like she really matters at all.

Can’t you see?

I am the one at your every begging call.

So why did you just up and leave?

Why did you throw “us” away?

Didn’t I love you enough?

Didn’t I make you want to stay?

I guess I am back at square one,

Where I can’t make you see…

That the true love in your life,

Is really… me!


I Know You Remember-2003

I know you remember,

When you look at me,

That horrible day,

When you said goodbye.

I know you remember,

How we made each other cry.

I know you didn’t forget,

How I made you feel,

But do you remember,

You made me feel bad too?

I know you didn’t forget,

Just how much I loved you.

I know you think about it,

Every now and then…

Because believe me,

I do.

I think about “us,”

I just wonder if you do too.

I know you remember,

So don’t say you don’t.

To me it feels like yesterday,

When it was 2 years ago today.

When you and I cried,

And went our separate way.


Our Own Party-2003

You didn’t mean to make me cry,

But I still wonder,

Why you had to die.

What we were doing,

Seemed so harmless.

But it wasn’t.

We were just being careless.

We danced the night away,

Without a single worry.

But we left the prom,

In such a hurry.

We knew the after prom parties,

Always seemed best.

But the one we were having,

Seemed to top off all the rest.

We would have more fun,

That was guaranteed.

To have the most rockin’ party,

We would succeed.

“Look at those losers,

Holding their sodas and chips.”

While we hold our beers,

And take big sips.

“Look at us,

We are cool.”

When in reality,

We were the fool.

They drove home,

All okay…

We didn’t make it,

Ever half way.

Now they hear,

The cops say…

That we have died,

And here we still lay.

They look over us,

Laughing deep inside.

But that is something,

They will always hide.

2003,

Not a big year.

But we ending out lives,

With just one more beer.


In October-2003

When I was scared,

I thought I could run to you.

But you were never there,

And didn’t care too.

I was so alone,

When I was with you.

I was a nervous wreck,

I didn’t know what to do.

I would carry on,

Like all was okay.

But you didn’t say I love you,

Or kiss me this particular day.

You were just quiet,

Without much to say to me.

Something was wrong,

You made it obvious for me to see.

You didn’t tiptoe around it,

You didn’t lie.

But the worst thing you did,

Was made me cry.

You didn’t say you were sorry,

You didn’t even feel a bit of shame.

But you didn’t care,

You still made me look lame.

You got into your car,

And left me to cry…

In October,

When you said goodbye.


Day-2003

Day 1,

We got together,

Day 2,

I fell in love with you.

Day 3,

We shared our first kiss.

Day 4,

My heart began to soar.

Day 5,

You said you had to go.

Day 6,

I realized it was something we couldn’t fix.

Day 7,

I began to cry.

Day 8,

I started to feel hate.

Day 9,

It was all over.

Day 10,

You said you didn’t even want to be my friend.


A Mother-2003

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

A caring heart,

So devoted and true.

A love so precious,

To only come from you.

A tender touch,

That last a lifetime.

Coming from a mother,

That can only be mine.


Miss My Baby-2003

I miss my baby,

I wish he was here.

That way I wouldn’t be crying,

And he could wipe away every tear.

I wish I could be with him,

Every single second of the day.

I wish I never had to leave him,

I wish I never had to go away.

But soon things will change,

And I can be with him all the time.

That will be when we are married,

And he will really be all mine.


Untitled-2003

Crying and crying,

I can’t get it all out.

I cry and cry,

Not knowing what it’s about.

I try to understand,

But I still don’t know.

O search for answers,

And I still can’t make the crying go.

I can’t ignore it,

I can’t pretend it’s gone.

But everything I do,

Seems to be wrong.

Someone comforts me,

And I want to push them away.

Someone asked what’s wrong,

And seriously don’t know what to say.

I look like an idiot,

Not understand myself.

This can’t be good,

This must be bad for my health.

But I’ll take it,

Day by day…

And just hope and pray,

My tears will go away.


Not Leaving You Here to Cry-2003

Through your sadness,

And through your tears,

Just remember,

I am always here.

No leaving your side,

No saying goodbye…

I am not going to leave you,

Here to cry.


In February-2003

To: Grandma Snedeker

You didn’t mean to leave me,

I know you would have stayed.

But now here I was in front of you,

While in a deep sleep you laid.

You were so still,

But I didn’t expect you to move.

I needed your comfort,

I needed your tenderness to soothe.

I was in shock,

When they brought you in.

I couldn’t see you,

Which should be a sin.

I wished it wasn’t you,

I thought it was a lie.

But when I figured it was the truth,

That is what made me cry.

I just stared into the air,

In a complete daze…

People would hug me, kiss me,

Whatever,

But none of it would phase.

And now alone,

I sit after school.

Wishing I could still,

Come home to you.

I still remember,

That day in February…

The day that to me,

Was the most scary.

I never got that chance,

To say a goodbye…

I never understood,

Why you had to die.


The One-2003

As time goes by,

Things start to turn.

And in your heart you know,

You will always yearn.

Just for a friend or sister…

Like the one from school.

The one you admired,

And thought was cool.

The one you always called,

In the middle of night.

The one you never listened to,

Although that helped you,

When you were down.

The one that promised,

She’d always be around.

The one that you lost,

As time went by.

The one that you missed,

And makes you cry.


My Dream-2003

I sat there holding my breath,

Not expecting to be called.

Before they read the name,

Their words were stalled.

I knew it wasn’t me,

Why would they call my name?

No one cares how I feel,

Preps, jocks and freaks all feel the same.

They called her up,

Set the crown on her head.

It wasn’t me,

Just like I said.

I am not the right material,

Or so it would seem.

But being Prom Queen,

Is only my dream.


Prom-2003

To: The Harpursville Class of 2004

A bright big smile,

As I walk in the door.

Friends, dancing, eating,

Pictures, reminiscing… the whole galore.

Music that’s soft,

To hold your partner tight.

Music that’s upbeat,

To dance away the night.

King and Queen of prom,

And honor that they will never forget.

A crown and private dance,

Now they’re all set.

All the memories,

Flood the place.

There is sensational look,

On everyone’s face.

We all came for the good night,

We all paid the cost.

From beginning to end,

Not a moment or memory was lost.

Parties after,

To end it all.

A night that was enchanting.

Not one moment was dull.


I am That Child-2003

I am that child,

That no one hears.

I am that child,

That everyone fears.

I am that child,

That cries at night.

I am that child,

That loved you.

I am that child,

That only needs your love too.

I am that child,

That buried the other day.

I am that child,

Who went away.

I am that child,

And someone took away my breath.

I am that child,

That died a painful death.

I am that child,

That took all your crap.

I am that child,

Beaten and left to die.

I am that child,

No one cares about…

So don’t pretend to cry.

No comments: