Saturday, August 28, 2010

2002 Poetry #5

New School, Brought Me to You-2002

I went to Harpursville,

Not expecting a friend.

Not even thinking,

A hand they’d lend.

So I walked the halls,

And came across you.

And never expected,

Our friendship to be true.

I never thought,

We’d come this far.

Look at us now,

We want to pick out a car.

Our talks are deep,

And we have become more close together.

And we talk about the future,

In terms of forever.

And I am so happy,

That a new school brought me to you.

To go back and change it,

I wouldn’t do.


Goodbye-2002

I see you,

And I don’t know what to say.

I think,

Maybe I should just go away.

But then again I don’t want to,

So I just always stay.

When I finally,

Say hello.

It’s like I’m invisible,

But I don’t know.

Why don’t you see me?

Should I go?

I put my hand,

On your waist.

I couldn’t breathe,

And my heart raced.

You ignored me,

But that was something I never faced.

Finally you turned around,

But walked right by.

You couldn’t or didn’t see me,

So I whispered softly,

Goodbye.


When-2002

When I promised you,

That I’d never hurt you,

It was a promise,

I was willing to keep.

When I said I love you,

Forever we are together,

It was a love,

I’ve never felt.

When you came,

Into my life,

I didn’t want to turn back,

So we didn’t meet.

When we got together,

I wanted to stay by your side,

And only always,

Be with you.


Lovestruck-2002

Lovestruck,

It happened to me.

Look at the hearts in my eyes,

And you will see.

Hear his name always on my lips,

And look at how happy I sound.

I am ecstatic,

With this guy I found.


10 Things I Hate When It Comes to You-2002

I hate when you are away,

I hate when I can’t see you.

I hate when you say “I love you,”

And those are the last words I hear all night.

I hate when you kiss me goodbye,

And I know that I will have to wait for one more.

I hate that you are so far from me,

I hate that we aren’t together.

I hate when I don’t see you all day,

And still not hear your voice at all.

I hate how I love you so much,

And I hate how I see you so little.

Worst of all I hate feeling that something can go wrong,

And that I can lose you over night.

Rose, Car, Girl-2002

He stood at her door,

Anxious and waiting.

His heart was beating,

And anticipating.

The rose behind his back,

Shook with fright.

The wind was cold,

In the night.

He rang the door bell,

But no one came.

He thought,

“Maybe about me she doesn’t feel the same.”

Suddenly he heard,

A car from behind.

To turn around,

There wasn’t a reason he couldn’t find.

His heart pounded,

His hands began to sweat.

His mind wanted wander,

But he wouldn’t let it.

He peeked over his shoulder,

And dropped the rose so quick.

He couldn’t believe the sight,

It made him sick.

There she was,

Kissing another guy.

There was nothing he could do,

But what away and cry.


Even Though At Times-2002

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

I love you mom,

Even though at times,

It’s something I don’t say.

I need you mom,

Even though at times,

I push you away.

I am happy with you, mom,

Even though at times,

I seem to be sad here.

I love you and need you,

And I’m happy with you.

I know it’s what you want to hear.

So mom,

Without hesitation,

I love you… need you… and I’m happy with you.

Please don’t even doubt it,

Even though at times,

I know you do.

Cry-2002

Cry,

Do you know the effect?

I guess you don’t.

I cry all the time.

Over you.

And I shouldn’t,

You don’t deserve it.

Cry.

Three letters.

That all together mean one thing.

And I can’t explain,

What I feel when I cry.

I hate you.

That sums it up.

Cry.

Never again,

Will I do that.

So stay with her,

Make me cry.

So she knows the pain

I went through.


Either Way-2002

Was this reality?

Or was it a horrible dream?

She poked herself,

But she was awake.

This couldn’t be real.

It had to be fake.

This couldn’t be happening.

She thought it was in her head.

But she knew the truth,

This was it.

At that point,

Her heart fell into an endless pit.

He was gone,

And the other was nowhere.

Ut-oh,

It’s one or the other… now to choose?

Either way,

She’d lose.


Misinterpretation-2002

Love is such a common word,

But misinterpretated when it’s heard

It’s thrown around,

Like any other sound.

I love you here,

Are you sincere?

I love you there,

Am I supposed to care?

When do I know your feelings are true?

When am I supposed to believe you?

You say it at night,

You say it at the crack of light.

You say it when you’re gone,

You say it when you’re wrong.

Forget it all,

It isn’t my call.

I am saying it and its true…

I love you!

Honey, What Is…?-2002

Honey, what is love?

Is it a sweet feeling?

Or something you abuse?

Honey, what am I?

Am I a person to love sweetly?

Or am I a person to just use?

Honey, what is crying?

Is it emotionally bad?

Or is being sensitive okay?

Honey, what is “I love you?”

Is it just three words?

Or something you mean to say?


Could-2002

I could close my eyes,

And see your face.

You could say “I love you,”

To make my heart race.

I could love you forever,

And stay by your side.

You could catch my tears,

Whenever I cried.

I could kiss you gently,

Wanting one back too.

You could kiss me,

And that’s all you’d have to do.


Bottom of My Heart-2002

From the bottom of my heart,

I miss you.

But I also,

Love you too.

Accept for the fact,

That you hurt me.

And now it feels like,

Our memories won’t let me be.

So here I sit in my tears,

And soak.

From the bottom of my heart,

The one that you broke.


When I Get Near You-2002

I never thought,

We’d be this close.

I never expected,

To think of you in this way.

When I talk to you,

I can’t find something to say.

I get nervous,

I get scared.

I don’t know what to think,

When I talk to you.

I like you,

Do you like me too?


Day and Night-2002

Too many people,

Came in and out of my life,

And some of them I forgot.

But you had an impact,

And memories of us,

Is what I got.

Summer days,

And summer nights,

We were together.

Long talks,

About the future,

And forever.

Loving you,

And missing you too,

More every day.

Thinking of the next time,

I’ll see you.

And what I’ll say.

So now this day,

And now this night,

We are apart.

But never forget,

I love you,

With all my heart.

What Friendship is to Me-2002

To: Brianna Godfroy and Ashley Vincent

By: Brianna Godfroy too

Friendship is,

More than just,

A feeling inside.

It’s a longing,

For a bond,

That no one can hide.

It’s the confidence,

Between two people,

That no one can take.

It’s real love,

That no one,

Person can break.

It’s the heartfelt feeling,

That someone,

Actually cares.

It’s that you’re not alone,

And your problems,

Someone else bears.

It’s an uncontrollable desire,

That no one else,

Could ever make.

It’s true,

It’s genuine,

And it’s never fake.

It’s deep,

It’s emotional,

It’s unforgettably true.

It’s all this,

And more,

All wrapped up into you.


I Love You, But-2002

I love you,

But why?

I shouldn’t because,

You make me cry.

But I love you,

Too much to see,

That our relationship us fake,

And you are using me.

Using me for what?

I don’t understand at all.

I wish I would have seen this,

Before you let me fall.

But I still love you,

More than I can say.

That’s why I’m training,

And walking away.


O, Dear Friend-2002

O, dear friend I am hurting,

Please hold my hand tight.

Help me through the day,

Get me through the night.

Be there to catch my tears,

Just in case they fall.

Wait by the phone,

Just in case I call.

O, dear friend promise me,

You’ll stay with me till the end.

I just need you to know,

You are my best friend.


Another-2002

Here it is,

Another chance for us to end.

Another time,

I can lose my friend.

Another argument,

Another day.

One more time,

I don’t know what to say.

Another tear,

Another cry.

Another chance,

For “us” to die.

Another you,

I’ll never find.

No one’s as unique,

Special or kind.

Another question…

Will there be “another me?”

In your life,

Probably.


Child-2002

Dear God,

I pray for my mommy,

Since she was gone away.

I called her name,

From my room,

But she didn’t wake up today.

She didn’t leave me,

A note,

Saying if she’d come back.

She didn’t even,

Stop to,

Pack.

She didn’t say,

I love you,

Or goodbye.

She’s not here,

To help me,

Now that I cry.

Daddy left,

When I was really young.

Mommy said,

She wouldn’t leave,

She wouldn’t go.

But that’s what she’s done.

Just protect her,

While she is with you.

I know you can,

I know that’s what you’ll do.


Look What You Did-2002

She gave him her heart,

Much more than she had.

He promised her promises,

That would end up making her sad.

He promised her forever,

That would never come true.

He promised he loved her,

But he never meant that too.

What’s she to do?

Who is she to believe?

She’s got everything to lose,

And nothing to receiver.

So that’s it,

You hurt her and now you’re gone.

Let me tell you,

Your choice was wrong.


You Are-2002

I couldn’t cry,

And let you see.

I couldn’t die,

Without you near me.

When I walk,

I need you by my side.

When I talk,

I have nothing to hide.

When I sleep,

I dream about you.

I’ll give you my heart to keep,

When we say “I do.”

When all my other relationships,

Would come to an end…

They’d kiss me on the lips,

And leave my heart with no way to mend.

But that’s something you wouldn’t do,

You wouldn’t say “goodbye.”

I love you,

You are the right guy.


I Dream of You-2002

I dreamed,

A dream.

One of you.

Wishing.

Praying.

Hoping-

It’s come true.

Laying,

Right beside you.

Alone in our bed.

Reminiscing,

Over all the words.

The sweet vows we said.

Playing,

With our children.

In our back yard.

Saying,

“This is our life.

It’s not all that hard.”

Looking,

In your eyes.

As you awake.

This love.

Out love.

No one can take.

A look,

In your eye.

A touch of your hand.

Being apart.

The one thing in life,

We can’t stand.

Whispering,

Secrets.

In your ear.

Pulling,

You close.

Holding you near.

Loving,

Every minute.

As time passes by.

Growing old with you,

Until the day that we die.

I dreamed,

A dream.

One of you.

Wishing.

Praying.

Hoping-

It’d come true.

After the Party-2002

We went to a party,

And had lots of fun.

Even when the party,

Was over and done.

My friend and I did,

Something without thought.

Then I did something worse.

Something I was taught… Not to do.

Mom, you always said,

Don’t drink and drive.

Now here on the pavement,

For our lives we strive.

I thought we’d make it home,

I thought we’d be okay.

I guess I was wrong,

I’m not sure what to say.

This was a powerful accident,

And we’re all going to die.

I had to tell you the truth,

I couldn’t lie.

Here we lay,

As the medics show.

Forgive me… I’m sorry,

That’s all you should know.

I know we were in the wrong,

I know we weren’t right.

I killed my mom,

My best friend and myself in one night.


What I Love About You-2002

Today when I,

Looked into your hazel eyes,

It reminded me of how,

Your words aren’t lie.

I couldn’t help but kiss you,

As you looked back at me.

I am so totally in love,

Can’t you see?

You have my heart,

In the palm of your hand.

Being without you,

Is the only think I cannot stand.

There are things,

I just can’t get out of my head.

Like how you talked,

When those words were said.

How you whisper, “I love you.”

Even when no one is around.

Or just your voice,

What I mean is the sound.

I like how your eyes,

Sparkle in the sun.

I love those sweet names,

Like Sweetheart or hun.

Nobody can hold a candle

To the sight I see.

Or how you act,

When you are just with me.

I guess this concludes,

I love only you.

And to live without you,

I don’t know what I’d do.


Glad I Fell-2002

You’re more beautiful

Than one thousand summer dreams

Wrapped up in my thoughts

Those that come alive at night.

Your mere name

Is the most beautiful word

Spoken from lips

But more beautiful at sight.

Your love is warming

At the awakening

Of my heart

At the opening of a single eye.

Your words are reassuring

When I am feeling down

And out of place as I cry.

You’re everything

Wrapped into one

Like a dream guy

You are perfect in all… I can tell.

When I look at you… once, twice, a millions times again,

I can seriously say

I am in love

And I ‘m glad I fell.


Under God-2002

I said the pledge,

And said proud.

I wasn’t shy,

Is I said it aloud.

I stood tall,

With my hand over my chest.

As I said those words,

And never second-guessed.

But other people,

Just stood there.

Like it didn’t matter.

They didn’t care.

I thought to myself,

“This is wrong.”

But I looked at the flag,

My faith in the pledge wasn’t gone.

I pronounced every word,

As I said them that day.

I figured no one could stop me,

It’s what I wanted to say.

But now my pledge,

Is under command.

The court said,

“‘Under God’ we can’t stand.”

During the ruling,

I said a prayer.

“Heavenly Father,

Let your presence be there.”

If they took it out,

I’d still put it in here.

They can throw me in jail,

Because saying ‘God’ isn’t a sin.

But my pledge,

Is here to stay.

Now I am even prouder,

When I say it today.


JC-2002

I cried today,

But I can’t say what for.

If I mention it,

I’ll just cry some more.

Never mind… I’ll let it out,

So here to goes.

Someone close to me died,

Someone not everyone knows.

He never did any harm,

Never hurt a living soul.

But to punish and kill,

Was their goal.

They hated him,

But I don’t know why.

They said he was terrible,

But that was lie.

No one cared,

As he was whipped.

And he carried a load,

As he wore clothes that were ripped.

He walked down the path,

And joined two men on hill.

He was nailed to the wood,

But he lived still.

This wood,

They called the cross.

The Romans killed him,

It was their loss.

And this man,

Of which I say,

Is Jesus Christ

Of today.

Sleeping with Her-2002

If you are quiet,

You can hear,

Them arguing once more.

Hear that?

Shhh!

He just slammed the door.

I can never,

Get any sleep.

When he comes home.

He usually leaves,

His wife and kids,

Home alone.

I know she cries,

When her husband,

Is gone away.

Sometimes,

He’s gone,

Much more than a day.

She said,

She loves him,

And he loves her too.

But what she,

Doesn’t know,

Is he’s sleeping with you.


Mysterious Person-2002

Cry not child,

For you aren’t alone.

Are you scared?

Why do you moan?

Is someone here,

That I do not know?

Would it be safer,

To get up and go?

Are you hurt?

Can I help?

I came when,

I heard the dog yelp.

Child you are trembling,

Why?

You aren’t answering,

Did you go and die?

You’re not breathing,

You’re motionless now.

That person here killed you,

But I don’t know how.


Love Everything about Him-2002

An undying love,

Between two people’s hearts.

This is where,

Their relationship starts.

Hand in hand,

They walked side by side.

This is so comforting,

Since with someone else she cried.

She loved his eyes,

When they danced with every word.

His is very romantic,

Or so she heard.

He looked her way,

And kissed her tender lips.

He held her close,

With his hands on her hips.

And to her softly,

He said this too:

“Always and forever,

I will love you.”


Unreal Reality-2002

I was in a total shock,

When I got the news tonight.

I couldn’t help but think,

“They’re so young… this isn’t right.”

Two teenagers,

Were out on a date.

They were on their way home,

And it was getting late.

The rain was pouring down,

And the sight had gone bad.

All they thought about,

Was the wonderful time they had.

But out of nowhere,

A car was in the road.

And within seconds,

They hit like a load.

I guess the medics arrived,

But then it was too late.

He kissed his girlfriend goodbye,

As her death ended their date.

He sat in the rain,

As blood stained his shirt.

He couldn’t help but cry,

Losing her really hurt.

That’s it,

That’s all they said.

One accident,

And one left dead.

This is sad,

Can’t you see?

Then I realized I’m dead,

The story was you and me.


Memories of You Again-2002

There are these memories,

That I can’t push aside.

So many memories,

I can’t run and hide.

When I see you,

These memories play in my head.

From everything we did,

To every last word you said.

When you just walk by,

I remember how I loved you.

And I wonder if,

You actually loved me too.

When we were together,

It seemed so right.

But all that changed,

Overnight,

I’m not going to tell you,

How I feel right now.

I cannot explain,

I don’t know how.

Even if I told you,

It wouldn’t change what things are.

So I’ll keep my feelings inside,

And watch you from afar.


Father-2002

There she sat,

With her nose in book.

All it took,

Was just one look.

He blew up,

For no reason at all.

Mom came running,

When she heard his call.

She must have figured,

That was the right thing to do.

When you marry a man,

Who doesn’t really love you,

Just do as he says,

And you’ll be alright.

I guess we had that wrong,

Because he beat up mom tonight,

She did as he said,

She obeyed his every word.

But then the sound of pain,

Was all I heard.

So mom and I left,

And never turned back.

Now a father in my life,

Is what I lack.


Since You’ve Gone-2002

I sat there,

Holding my own hand.

Doing my best,

To understand.

Why didn’t you tell me,

If you knew?

And now what am I,

Supposed to do?

Where do I run?

Who do I call?

This is new,

And I hate it all.

Ask God this question,

And tell me what he said.

“Is this exactly,

What you intended?”

Mom, I’ll always be here,

In case you want to come home.

Because since you’ve been gone,

I’ve been so alone.


Goodbye-2002

Why is this so hard,

To say goodbye?

Why can’t I smile?

Why do I cry?

I know we’re not letting go,

At least no forever.

Even though were apart,

We’ll always be together.

I say “I love you,”

As you let go of my hand,

Watching you walk away,

I could hardly sand.

Every night,

I’ll say “I love you” out my window.

Just to,

Let you know…

I am thinking of you,

The night though.

And that,

I miss you.


Paradise-2002

Paradise is where I am,

I really wish you were here.

I wish we close,

I wish you were near.

I wish I could kiss you,

And give you a tight hug.

When I lay in bed,

Without you… I don’t feel snug.

But paradise is still paradise,

If you are here or not.

But it’s be better with you here,

Because I miss you a lot.


Our First Wrong-2002

I am getting confused,

This isn’t right.

Our relationship has changed,

Overnight.

I can’t make right,

What I did wrong.

You’re slipping away.

And you’re almost gone.

I want to cry,

But I can’t let you see.

You just turned your head,

Away from me.

You won’t listen,

When I talk.

When I ask you to stay,

You just walk.

You’re not interested,

In what I do.

You don’t even care,

That I still love you.

Time seems to go so slow,

When I am upset.

This could just be worked out,

But you won’t let it.

My tears are falling,

I’m beginning to cry.

I can only see you,

Out the corner of my eye.

You’re fading away,

I’m losing sight.

I only hope,

We can make this right.


Me Too-2002

I try to fall asleep,

But there is no hope.

I call your name,

But there is no reply.

So in the silence,

I start to cry.

I wonder what you are doing,

Maybe thinking of me.

I lay awake,

And think of you.

But I am missing you,

Sao what else can I do?

I still think about you,

And want to hold you close.

So I cry myself to sleep,

With a dream of you.

Hoping you are dreaming,

Of me too.


The Memory Too-2002

There it sits,

On the corner of my bed.

It’s been there since I got it,

There… right by my head.

It’s like it protects me,

Since you’re not near.

It reminds me of you,

Since you’re not here.

It makes me feel closer to you,

Since we’re apart.

But most of all,

I feel closer to your heart.

This one thing,

That makes me think so much,

It’s not just the shirt,

It’s the memory too.


Happy Birthday Stephanie-2002

To: Stephanie Seidel

This day is special,

This day is great.

Pardon me,

If I am late.

But if I am not,

It’s because I care about you.

Turning 16,

This life will be new.

Believe me… it’s a big step,

But it’s just something you have to do.

It will be rough at times,

But it will be good too.

I’ll be here though,

To help you through it all the way.

Okay… enough mushiness,

Happy Birthday.


Can’t Bring You Back-2002

Tears rolled down my face,

As you pulled away.

I couldn’t believe you were leaving,

And I had nothing to say.

I had the urge,

To run after you,

But you were already out of my sight,

So there wasn’t anything to do.

I couldn’t bring you back,

No matter how I tried.

You didn’t answer the phone,

So on your answering machine I cried.

Nothing worked,

Nothing brought you to me.

Nothing at all,

Can’t you see?


Died in My Dream-2002

I fell asleep,

And woke up at 2.

I had a bad dream,

That I had killed you.

For some reason,

I got mad.

It didn’t really matter,

About all the memories we had.

I couldn’t have cared less,

It didn’t faze me at all.

You begged and pleaded,

But you couldn’t stall.

I held the gun,

At a steady pace.

I looked at you,

And said to your face…

“I loved you,

But now I have a change of heart.”

That’s when it happened,

The dream was at the bad part.

So I slowly pulled the trigger,

With all my might.

Your body fell to the ground,

In the middle of the night.

I guess that’s when I woke up,

To this awful dream.

Believe me when I say,

It’s not what it will seem.


How I Feel For You-2002

There is someone special,

Who took away my heart.

Getting him to notice me,

Is where I have to start.

He doesn’t know how I feel,

Or even if I care.

But the sparkle in his eyes,

Can only make me stare.

I don’t want to risk our friendship,

So all I say is “hi.”

Because to say more,

I would be shy.

This feeling in which he gives me,

Is more than I can say.

He doesn’t do it on purpose,

To make me act this way.

And if I let him know,

Maybe he will turn me down.

Then I will feel,

Like a total clown.

I would hold you forever,

If you take my hand.

Because to live without you,

I could not stand.

I want to say,

“I love you.”

But it’s something,

I cannot do.

I can’t let you,

See me cry.

So I just turn,

And say goodbye.

How Do You Feel?-2002

I am thinking about you,

Just like I always do.

Wondering whether you love me,

Like I love you.

If you even care,

Like you say.

Or what you would do,

If I went away?

I wonder if you feel anything,

When you look into my eyes.

Do you want me so bad,

That your heart breaks down and cries?

What do you feel,

When I say your name?

I am just curious,

Because maybe we feel the same.

And I hope that you want me,

The way that you say.

I wish we were never apart,

If there was a way.

I pray for a kiss,

So sweet and so hind.

If it lasted forever,

I wouldn’t mind.

What do you feel,

When we are apart?

Maybe we are in love,

And this is just the start.

Please get back to me,

So I know.

Because if we love each other,

Neither of us have to go.


I Hate It-2002

I love you,

For only you.

But there are something’s,

I hate when you do.

I hate it when you’re gone,

But when you’re here,

You yell.

I hate it when,

You tell me to go to hell.

I hate the fact,

That girls look you up and down,

But it doesn’t help it when you flirt.

It might as well,

Say “I am easy” on your shirt.

I hate it when you don’t,

Have something to say,

But when you do you lie.

So overall,

I hate it when you make me cry.


Fight-2002

I’m still trying to understand,

Exactly what makes us fight.

What is it that we talk about,

All through the night?

I never had a sister,

One I could talk to.

No one that believes in me,

No one like you,

It scares me,

Because it feels like I am losing you.

And when I get that feeling,

I don’t know what to do.

It seems like,

There is nothing I can say.

You just want it all,

Your own way.

But you’re still my best friend,

Whether you like it or not.

Just know,

I need you a lot.


Gain and Loss-2002

Rush her to the hospital,

The baby is on its way.

She’s going into labor,

Today is the day.

Five hours later,

It is all done.

The baby is here,

And the husband has a new son.

Something doesn’t feel right.

Yes, something is wrong.

I know what it is,

The mother is gone.

Giving birth,

She has died.

Maybe that is why,

The husband has cried.

His tears are depressing,

Yet happy too.

But you’d be crying,

If this happened to you.


Here, But Gone-2002

I love somebody,

But I wish somebody loved me.

I wish they understood,

I wish they could see.

I care deeply,

But I pray that somebody cares too.

I pray they find this,

I pray they know what to do.

I would never leave,

But I hope they also stay.

I hope they hold me,

I hope they never go away.

But wait…

That somebody is already gone.

It’s only been one week,

Yet… that’s still too long.

You know who you are,

You know I need you back.

Because you in my life,

Is the only thing I lack.


Decision-2002

The way I feel for you,

Is more than I can explain.

I am mainly overwhelmed,

Which can drive me insane.

What we have between us,

Is delicate and sweet.

That is how I know,

You’ll never lie or cheat.

There is no end to how I feel,

Deep down inside.

Because in my heart,

My emotions cannot hide.

I want to be with you,

For as long as we both shall live.

To you… my heart, soul, and mind,

Is what I will give.

I made up my mind,

And the decision is pretty clear.

I always want to be with you,

I always need you here.

No comments: