Saturday, August 28, 2010

2002 Poetry #3

Weren’t Here-2002

I called your name,

But you weren’t here.

I reached for your hand,

But it wasn’t near.

I looked everywhere,

But you weren’t found.

I swear to God,

You weren’t around.


Dream of 080202-2002

I had a dream,

It wasn’t too bad.

But every time I look back,

It makes me sad.

In my dream,

You left me for her.

Why is that sad?

It’s because of what she and I were.

We were best friends,

More like sisters though.

That’s why I feel bad,

You know?

You say you’ll never leave me,

Especially for my best friend.

But that doesn’t stop it,

No, that’s not the end.

Behind closed doors,

I start to cry.

When she asks what’s wrong,

I can’t help but lie.

I can’t tell her,

What is wrong.

Even though,

We’ve known each other not too long.

I know she likes you,

That’s plain to see.

She still wants you,

But you want me.

I see why she wants you,

Because you’re more than irresistible.

But you won’t hurt me,

Because you’re not irresponsible.

But then to add to it,

I read something sad.

It’s what made this situation,

Extremely bad.

I read that dreams,

Predict the future.

I just pray, you don’t leave me for her.

Just know that I love you,

And always will.

If you end up with her,

I’ll love you still.

For Some Reason-2002

For some reason,

I don’t know what it is you do.

But for the same reason,

It makes me love you.

For some reason,

You love me.

For the same reason,

I can’t see.

For some reason,

You stay by my side.

For the same reason,

There are nights I have cried.

For some reason,

I can’t let you go.

For the same reason,

You have to know…

I love you!

Dollar Store Balloon-2002

As I look,

Up towards the sky.

A tear begins,

To roll out my eye.

I glance at this little boy,

With a smile on his face.

I thought he lost his little red balloon,

But that wasn’t the case.

I didn’t understand,

Until he explained it to me.

He let it go out of love,

That’s what I couldn’t see.

He said it was for his Grandpa,

Because it was his birthday today.

When I heard this sad story,

I wasn’t sure what to say.

He told me,

His Grandpa’s in Heaven tonight.

He said he’d see him someday,

And everything will be alright.

July 15th-2002

I looked out my window,

And noticed you were close.

I guess that’s when I,

Missed you the most.

I couldn’t touch you,

Or hear your voice.

We were locked in our rooms,

And no choice.

But I could soon smell

A bit of your cologne.

That’s when I wished,

I wasn’t alone.

I wish you were here,

Right by my side.

I couldn’t even picture you here,

I already tried.

I began to push,

The thought of you away.

But then I think,

Or our lovely day.

Of how I kissed you,

By my own choice.

When you said, “I love you,”

I can still hear you voice.

I need you now,

More than ever.

Even if we’re apart,

We’ll always be together.


Night Gaze-2002

I sit in my window,

Watching the night.

Counting the stars,

Those that twinkle so bright.

Wondering if you see,

See them too.

Wondering if,

I’m looking at you.

Then I see the moon,

Which watches over me.

The blue moon in the sky,

That’s how it should be.

Then I wonder,

If the moon shines on you.

Wonder if you wonder,

If it shines on me too.

I close my eyes,

Waiting.

Waiting for a kiss,

But you are hesitating.

So I fall asleep,

And the night turns day.

Wonder why our “nightly gaze,”

Has faded away.

Cried for You-2002

I cried so many times,

And the tears still fall.

Thinking,

“Will this end at all?

Will this horrid dream,

Ever come true?

Will I be lost,

Without you?”

So many questions,

To be asked.

So many memories,

But they’re in the past.

I love you,

More than you know.

It’s still hard,

When I let you go.

Hard to turn around,

Hard to say goodbye.

Saying, “This is it,

Without you… I’ll die.”

But I must live,

Only for you.

Because for me,

You’d do the same thing too.


My-2002

My baby loves me,

There isn’t any doubt.

He makes my heart happy,

Not a reason t0 pout.

My honey needs me,

It’s not hard to tell.

Every time he speaks,

He does it in a whisper,

Not a yell.

My sweetheart misses me,

I see it in his eyes.

He is completely honest,

He never lies.

My darling is mine,

That is true.

Not loving him,

I couldn’t do.

Won’t Hurt You-2002

You said you felt,

Like I was pushing you away.

When you mentioned that,

I didn’t know what to say.

I can’t do that,

I couldn’t hurt you.

That’s something,

I couldn’t possibly do.

I love you so much,

I love you with all my heart.

I promise I have,

Since the start.

Description-2002

You eyes are like raindrops,

That fall from the sky.

When I look into them,

They say you’ll never lie.

Your smile is like sunshine,

It brightens up my day.

When I see it,

I don’t know what to say.

Your words are like glue,

They stick in my mind.

Everything you say,

Is one-of-a-kind.

Your touch is like a blanket,

That embraces me when I’m down.

You put that smile on my face,

When I’m wearing a frown.

Your lips are like honey,

So soothing and sweet.

When I give them a kiss,

My heart skips a beat.

Don’t you see,

Exactly what you do?

You are what makes me,

Love only you.


I Said What I Wanted To-2002

I sat there,

I looked your way.

I chose my words,

But what would I say?

Could I tell you,

Just how I felt?

Could I play this hand,

With the cards I was dealt?
Why couldn’t I,

Say it to your face?

Every time I saw you,

Why’d my heart start to race?

Maybe it was your smile,

That drew me near.

Maybe it was in your voice,

And the words I love to hear.

Then again,

Maybe it’s just you.

And absolutely,

Everything that you do.

So I finally,

Said aloud,

“I love you, need you, want you,”

With that I felt proud.


Don’t-2002

Don’t turn away,

Don’t turn your head.

Don’t pretend,

Those words weren’t said.

Don’t look at me,

Like everything’s alright.

Don’t say you’ll be there,

At the end of the night.

Don’t lie to me,

About how you feel inside.

Don’t say you’re sorry.

Oops- well there you go- you just flat-out lied.


You’re Sorry When It’s All My Fault-2002

I said I love you,

And told you please don’t go.

I begged you to listen…

I need you to know.

This is all my fault,

Can’t we go back to how we used to be?

The times of when,

It was just you and me.

This is crazy,

And completely insane.

But, it seems like I can’t,

Just run away from the pain.

It haunts me,

That you are saying goodbye.

It hurts that all I hear,

Is the sound of myself cry.

Don’t just go,

And walk out my door.

Don’t pretend,

You don’t love me anymore.

Don’t say you’re sorry,

For everything you’ve caused.

It’s all my fault,

Our relationship has paused.


Don’t Throw “Us” Away-2002

I never asked you for a lot,

I figured that was wrong.

But now I begin to wonder,

Because I haven’t seen you in so long.

It is like I am invisible,

To no one but you.

I already made you love me,

What else can I do?

Don’t try to let me down gently,

Don’t turn your head and sigh.

Do it normally,

I don’t care if it makes me cry.

I swear you have changed,

I can see it with everyday.

Why isn’t this simple?

Why did you choose the hard way?

Why don’t you care,

About me and you?

We have something special,

Why can’t you see?

I can’t understand,

Everything that you do.

I love you with all my heart,

But can’t say the same for you.

Please don’t just go,

And throw “us” away.

All I can do is ask,

I really don’t know what else to say.


Give Up-2002

I asked if you loved him,

I asked if you cared.

When you never answered,

Another piece of my heart teared.

Now I wait,

To hear from you.

But I highly doubt,

That’s something I’ll do.

If you don’t want me,

Tell me right now.

Because I won’t give up on you,

I’m not sure how.


My Heart-2002

I gave you my heart,

Hoping your intention was good.

But you broke my heart,

That’s understood.

You let me down,

You turned away.

You made me cry,

With what you had to say.

You killed me our love,

You just let it go.

Why I fell in love with you,

I don’t know.


Questions with a Solution-2002

How can I make you,

Completely understand?

That when I am with you,

I just want to hold your hand.

Don’t you know when you are away,

It’s you that I miss?

So when we meet up,

All I want is a kiss.

Can’t you see when we argue,

It’s my heart in which you tug?

When we make up,

All I need is a simple hug.


I Can’t-2002

I can’t help it,

The way I feel about you.

I can’t help it,

Even if I wanted to.

I can’t explain,

How I feel.

I can’t explain,

But I know it’s real.

I can’t make you understand,

How much I miss you.

I can’t make you understand,

It’s just something I can’t do.

But believe me,

Because it’s true.

With everything I have,

I love you.

The Wedding-2002

She walked down the aisle,

With style and grace.

Her face sparkled with glitter,

Her dress was made of lace.

You could see her eyes,

A mile away.

You could tell she was happy,

On this perfect day.

Her eyes were on him,

As he drew near.

She was determined,

Her heart was sincere.

She went to the altar,

And stood perfectly still.

Out of life,

Marriage was just on hill.

Time pressed on,

Minutes went by.

When it was time to say,

Those words,

She started to cry.

It was her turn,

To say those two.

She said so proudly,

Those words… “I do.”


If-2002

If I asked you to be mine,

What would you say?

If I wanted to get married,

Would you feel the same way?

If I asked for a hug,

Would you hold me tight?

If you slept over,

Would you be there in the morning light?

Whatever happens,

I will always love you.

Hoping and praying,

You love me too.

Should I Say It?-2002

I can’t decide,

Whether I love you or not.

But either way,

I have given you all I got.

I am loving you,

With all my heart.

Even if we are together,

Or apart.

I know I have,

Deep feelings for you.

But what in the world,

Can I do?

Do I tell you,

Do I let you know?

Do I bring you close,

Or do I let you go?

Do I say it,

Can I tell you how I feel?

I want you to know,

My love is more than real.

But it is complicated,

And insane.

I love being in love,

But I don’t want the pain.


As I Said a Prayer for You-2002

A tear ran down my face,

As I looked deep to your troubled eyes.

I couldn’t see your past,

But I saw your lies.

I finally understood,

Why you were never with me.

Why you pushed me away,

Is now what I see.

You died a day later,

After our talk.

When I found out,

I could hardly walk.

I wasn’t sure,

What to do.

So I kneeled down,

And said a prayer for you.

Knew I’d See You Tonight-2002

When I finally thought,

I’d never see you again,

The day came I did.

It felt like Christmas,

I was happy,

Just like a little kid.

I had planned out,

Exactly what I’d do the moment…

The moment I saw you.

I’d hug you,

And kiss you,

Let you know my love was true.

I couldn’t wait,

Too much more,

Just to see your face.

As the time went by,

And 5:30pm drew near,

My heart began to race.

I’d see you,

And fall in love again,

Just like I did the first day.

But this time,

Would be different,

Because I’d know what to say.

When I saw you,

Standing there,

I knew what to do.

So I walked over,

Looked in your eyes,

And said “I love you.”

Night-2002

I looked into your blue eyes,

Right before I had to go.

My car would soon pull away,

That’s what we both know.

I tried to stall,

With another hug and kiss.

Because if I didn’t,

It’d be something I’d miss.

I said, “I love you,”

As I turned away.

Hoping and praying,

I’d see you the next day.

I knew,

That wouldn’t be true.

I also knew,

Days would feel like centuries without you.

But I got in my car,

And we drove into the night.

As I watched,

You fade out of sight.


Give Me Your Hand-2002

I want to cry,

But I still love you.

I want to die,

But that’s something I can’t do.

I want to walk away,

But I can’t leave you alone.

I don’t know what to say,

The facts are known.

I miss you,

But that’s something I can’t deny.

I need you too,

I can’t lie.

Please be with me,

Please understand.

Open up your eyes,

And give me your hand.


Invisible to You-2002

I made up my mind,

To say goodbye.

Accept, when I saw you,

I couldn’t remember why.

I wanted to shout “HELLO,”

But I couldn’t speak.

You never noticed me,

With your smile so weak.

I walked behind you,

And touched your shoulder slightly.

I wanted to hug you,

And hold you tightly.

But you looked passed me,

As if I wasn’t there.

Then it hit me,

“Maybe you just don’t care.”

I screamed in your face,

To let you know I was here.

And as you looked away,

I felt a tear.

Was it something I said?

For I do not know.

Whatever I said,

You decided to go.

I couldn’t make you understand,

I couldn’t make you see.

That, whatever I do,

I always need you here with me.

You walked away,

As I stood still.

To bring you back,

I never will.

I Love You Mom-2002

Mom, I love you.

And I know what I do,

Is not always fair.

But deep down,

I will always care.

I know we argue,

I know we fight.

I hope you know,

It’s not out of spite.

And if I don’t tell you,

How I feel inside,

Don’t let me walk away,

Don’t let me hide.

But please understand,

I may be confused.

And in my heart,

I have emotions I never used.

So please don’t cry,

Over how I feel.

Because if you love me… then I will love you,

And that’s the deal.

But no matter what happens,

I’ll always want you near.

And my feelings,

Will always be sincere.


You Were There-2002

A tear ran down my cheek,

And I had nowhere to go.

So I went,

And sat in the snow.

As I thought about what you said,

Memories of you,

Ran through my head.

Tossing and turning,

In my mind.

But we were through,

The contract was signed.

I tried to stop you,

From a huge mistake.

But it was your decision,

Something I couldn’t make.

And when you said we were through,

I felt my face turn red.

Because I knew,

You wouldn’t be with me in bed.

So I still,

Sit and cry.

And if I don’t get out of the cold,

I will soon die.

I walk inside,

And there you are.

I guess my wish worked,

On that shooting star.

Maybe it all,

Was a dream.

Then again,

You aren’t what you seem.


Gone to Heaven-2002

I was young,

And treated wrong.

He wasn’t my father,

But my mother was gone.

He got drunk,

And put a gun to my mother’s head.

With one shot,

She was dead.

I was young,

And had no choice.

I was scared of him,

You could hear it in my voice.

But I never told,

That he molested me at night.

I never told he beat me,

After a fight.

Then it all ended.

Right then and there.

Could I prove it was over?

No, I didn’t dare.

But it was,

And I knew it.

No more of him touching me,

Not another hit.

Accept,

It wasn’t over like that.

I realized it,

As I sat.

He had killed me,

With the power of his hand.

So now in front of God,

Is where I stand.

I have been crying,

So my eyes were red.

I can tell you,

The exact words He said.

This is what He spoke,

As He wiped away a tear…

“Don’t cry.

It’s not your fault dear.

He was the bad one,

And his punishment will come.

I see everything,

He can’t think I’m dumb.

My child,

You are safe now.

He will never get to you,

There is no way how.”

I Won’t Think Twice-2002

Even though you left,

Our memories keep coming back.

Even though you’re gone,

You’re still something that I lack.

But now you’re knocking at my door,

Saying, “Baby give me another chance.”

But I decided,

I won’t give you a second glance.

I won’t put myself,

Through the pain.

Why would I?

I have nothing to gain.

I won’t give you,

The thrill to hurt me like you did before.

I won’t take it,

You can’t keep giving me more.

I can’t push aside the problems,

And say they aren’t true.

But then again,

I can’t deny… I still love you.

So maybe,

We can make this right.

Let me sleep on it,

Through the night.

Um… wait!

I changed my mind.

Why would I take you back?

There’s not one reason I can find.

I won’t take my chances,

I won’t roll the dice.

To hell with you.

I won’t think twice.

If I Told You We Were Meant to Be-2002

What if I told you something?

Like we were meant to be?

Would you doubt it?

Or would you believe me?

When I look in your eyes,

You take my breath away.

When you tell me you love me,

I don’t know what to say.

Sometimes,

I just can’t wait for us to kiss.

Other people wait,

For a moment like this.

What you and I have,

Is what others do not.

Our relationship sparks,

It is hot.

What if I told you something?

Like we were meant to be?

Would you doubt it?

Or would you believe me?

Tender Thoughts-2002

I wanted to touch the stars,

Because I wanted my dreams,

All to come true.

You know,
the sweet ones,

I have of you.

But when I got to the stars,

I suddenly wanted,

To fall back to land.

Because you know,

Even a second away from you,

I can’t stand.

Then I noticed the reason,

I went to the stars,

Is because I can’t have you tonight.

I can’t hold you,

Or kiss you,

Aren’t I right?

So instead of making a decision,

On where I am,

Going to be,

I decided I’d stick,

To tender thoughts,

Or you and me.


Someone was Holding my Hand the Day U.S. Went Down-2002

I cry alone,

In my room.

No one is here,

Or so I assume.

I wipe away,

Every tear that will fall.

I sit by the phone,

Hoping you will call.

I turn on my radio,

To take my mind off of you.

But with every song that plays,

It seems that’s something I can’t do.

So I turn it off,

And turn on the TV.

But you wouldn’t believe,

Exactly what I see.

The twins are standing,

The next second they are not.

Too many emotions invade me,

Believe… there’s a lot.

The say the names,

Of the two birds.

I couldn’t speak,

There were no words.

It was yours,

The one you were on.

I prayed to God,

You weren’t gone.

All through the night,

I waited for that call.

As I watched the worlds twins,

Crumble and fall.

The call I got,

Wasn’t you.

This voice was unfamiliar,

It was brand new.

But he gave me bad news,

About what I just saw.

I felt my hands clam up,

And my body felt raw.

So I threw down the phone,

And I cried some more.

There was someone on my room,

But they didn’t come through the door.

I cry,

In my room.

As God holds my hand,

Or so I assume.


Saw You-2002

I wasn’t expecting,

To see you tonight.

But I was ecstatic,

When you come into sight.

I couldn’t stop holding you,

I didn’t want to let go.

I just had to see you,

Because I missed you so.

Can-2002

Can one touch

Heal my heart?

Can you love me

From the start?

Can the world change

With just one day?

Can my life be different

With what you say?

Can I tell the world

How I feel inside?

Can you forget me,

If I hide?

Can I say

I love you?

Is it possible

You love me too?

Will You Remember Me?-2002

I will always remember you,

Will you remember me?

Will you ever look back,

At any memory?

Will it matter,

That you don’t know who I am?

Or won’t it?

Will you even give a damn?

Will you ever feel lonely,

Without me there?

Will you cry over me?

Or won’t you care?

Will you remember me,

When our love has past?

Maybe it won’t,

Maybe our love will last.

But I will remember you,

Until the day that I die.

I’ll never push you out of my head,

I’ll never say “goodbye.”

But When I Turned Away-2002

I drew a heart,

And put your name inside.

But when I turned away,

All I did was cried.

I loved you unconditionally,

With all I ever had.

But when I turned away,

I was a little more than sad.

I needed you,

With every breath I took.

But when I turned away,

I couldn’t bear to look.

I said goodbye,

With my last word.

But when I turned away,

That’s not when you heard.

Because every time,

I turn away,

It means I still,

Have something to say.

Something like,

I love you.

Something like,

I need you too.

So I drew this heart,

And never turned away.

Because I figured,

I’d tell you what I had to say.


Little Boy-2002

He looked out the window,

Because he was so alone.

His parents were gone,

But to him that was unknown.

He wanted to touch,

The sky so blue.

But with his little hands,

That, he couldn’t do.


Always and Forever-2002

Always and forever,

That’s the way it’s going to be.

One on one,

Just you and me.

Seeing you in the morning,

And being with you at night.

This feeling I have,

Is perfectly right.

I can’t wait,

To spend forever with you.

Always and forever,

That’s what I want to do.


I Never… You Are-2002

I never thought,

Love could be this great.

I never thought,

I’d meet my soul mate.

I never expected,

You’d love me too.

Io never knew,

How you felt.

I never knew,

Until the cards were dealt.

You are the best thing,

That has happened to me.

You are the best thing,

That will always be.

You are the greatest love,

I’ve ever had.

You are the greatest love,

That will never make me sad.

You are the one,

I want forever.

You are the one,

That’s why we should stay together.


Losing Out-2002

One kiss,

One look,

One touch.

I love,

I miss,

So very much.

One rose,

One ring,

One heart.

I love,

I miss,

This all from the start.

One word,

One meaning,

One man.

I love,

I miss,

I cannot stand.

There,

Here,

Anywhere.

I’ll always be with you,

Always I’ll care.

I’ll always,

Love only you.

Right now,

I just don’t know what to do.


My Thoughts on Her Day-2002

I carried this ring around,

Waiting for the right time.

Why I waited,

Has no reason or rhyme.

I thought I had the courage,

To ask you to be mine.

But when I got to you,

I couldn’t remember my line.

So I pushed it aside,

Like I always do.

And went on pretending,

I didn’t want to marry toy.

Now I sit in the church,

As you marry him.

I look down,

As my eyes grow dim.

I think to myself,

“I should have asked.

But now my chance,

Has up and passed.”

I looked so sad,

Wishing I was the one standing with you.

Saying it could have been,

My dreams coming true.

So now I walk away,

Without saying goodbye.

Because I’d only end up telling you this,

And making you cry.

Secret Crush-2002

I love the look in your eyes,

When you stare my way.

I love the sound of your voice,

When I talk to you every day.

I love the feeling of your hand,

When you touch mine.

If one day you ask for a kiss,

That’d be just fine.

Called for a Hello-2002

I called your house,

Just to hear,

You say hello.

When I didn’t answer,

And you asked if I was there,

I thought yes… but the answer was no.

I had hung up,

Afraid of what?

Nothing too much.

Just thought,

I’d begin to miss you,

To the point I’d need your touch.

But

I dialed again,

To hear your voice.

Once again,

I hung up,

By my choice.

The Truth Wasn’t What She Thought-2002

She wanted him to love her,

But how was he supposed to know?

Every time he talked to her,

She said she had to go.

She got scared,

That maybe he didn’t feel the same.

She was afraid, to open her mouth,

Because what comes out could be lame.

So she dodged his every move,

Until the day she was done.

But this game,

Had just begun.

Years of dodging and leaving,

Had passed.

Up to the day,

Where one conversation would last.

He told her,

“I’ve like you for many years.

But I couldn’t tell you,

I was afraid of more tears.

You made me cry,

Every time you had to go.

Why am I telling you this?

I guess you had to know.”


School Parking Lot-2002

By: Stephanie Seidel too.

Our teacher’s say,

Their pay is low.

But check out their cars,

When it’s time to go.

One has a mustang,

And the attendance lady,

Has a Grand Cherokee.

With these kinds of cars,

Why do they complain to you and me?

Another with Isuzu,

And one is a Caravan by Dodge.

I can’t even pay

For a personal massage.

There’s a Neon, Volvo and Sable.

Also a Pontiac Grand Prix.

I know for a fact these things,

Were not free.

With another look I see,

An Oldsmobile Bravada.

Now these “teachers” claim,

They’ve got nada.

Our teachers say,

Their pay goes down by the day.

But look at their cars,

And tell me about their pay.


I Can’t Help It-2002

When you hold my hand,

And kiss my face,

I can’t help it,

My heart starts to race.

When you look in my eyes,

You take my breath away.

I can’t help it,

I don’t know what to say.

Everything about you,

Just drives me wild.

When I am around you,

I feel like a child.

Not How It Was Supposed to End-2002

I couldn’t understand,

Why you had to go.

Why it couldn’t have been me,

I don’t know.

It broke my heart,

When I saw you there.

This wasn’t right,

It wasn’t fair.

This isn’t how life,

Was supposed to be.

You were supposed to stay,

Here with me.

But that car…

It came from nowhere.

And when he realized you were gone,

He left like he idnt care.

So now I sit here,

Soaking in your blood.

As the rain turns the dirt,

Into mud.

I couldn’t help you,

It was too late.

Was this God’s plan?

Or was it fate?


This Man-2002

I look at you,

I like you were,

Someone I knew.

But you weren’t.

You were never here,

So I didn’t “know” you.

You expected me to be,

A happy, go-lucky girl,

When you came to me.

But really I am,

A sad, frightened girl,

As you can see.

You want me to call,

You my dad,

But that I cannot do.

Mom said,

“Don’t talk to strangers,”

And personally…

I don’t know you.


Gone-2002

You touch my shoulder,

And ask me, “What’s wrong?”

I reply calmly with,

“I know you’re gone.”

You are puzzled as you say,

“What?”

And I say, “I can tell.”

I said it softly,

I tried not to yell.

You said you hadn’t left me,

But then why aren’t your things here?

Please don’t pull me close,

Right now… I don’t want you near.

You look at me like,

I am insane.

But you know I’m not,

So what else do you have to gain?

I look down,

To hide my tears.

Crying in front of you,

Was one of my greatest fears.

So I say nothing,

As you stare at me for a second more.

Then you turn away,

And walk out my door.

No comments: