Saturday, August 28, 2010

2002 Poetry #2

Awake, and I Don’t Know-2002

I crawled in bed,

And laid awake.

As I listened to the sound,

Your heart began to make.

I looked into your face,

And touched your eyes.

Wishing I could be your tear,

Whenever your eye cries.

I traced your lips,

As I gave them a kiss.

Knowing that someday,

It’ll be something I miss.

And I whispered in your ear,

“I will always love you.”

Then I laid beside you,

As you calmly said, “I love you too!”

Daddy’s Gone-2002

There came a day, when daddy left,

And my tears began to fall.

But I was still little,

I just got passed learning to crawl.

I didn’t know what to do,

And I wasn’t sure what to say.

But daddy was old enough,

To go his own way.

I looked at my mommy,

With my face tear-wet.

I knew she couldn’t change his mind,

His heart was already set.

He walked out the door,

And never turned around.

Mommy didn’t cry,

She didn’t make a sound.

I went over,

And asked if she was leaving too.

She said no,

It’s something she could never do.

She couldn’t leave her baby,

Ashe couldn’t leave me alone.

She loved me with all her heart,

I should have known.

Choice and Will-2002

You said you couldn’t fix it,

You said that there was no way.

But I guess I am having a hard time,

Believing everything that say.

It was stupid to fall in love,

In only a day or two.

I wish we could change it,

But that’s something we can’t do.

I don’t know why,

But I love you still.

Loving you doesn’t just happen,

Cause I love you by choice and will.

Cried-2002

I cried last night,

But refused to tell you what fro.

So when I resisted,

You walked out my door.

You never looked back,

You never turned around.

You never said goodbye,

You didn’t make a sound.

I swear I didn’t cry,

Over something dealing with you.

Cause I would tell you,

If that was something I’d do.

Please believe me,

It’s something deep inside.

Something I can’t let go,

Something I must hide.

And maybe I will tell you,

Maybe I’ll let you know.

Whatever you do,

Don’t turn and go.

My Love for You is like God-2002

I looked up in the sky,

Then I looked back at you.

That is when I realized,

I’d do anything for you.

Cause the sky reminded me

Of how God does things for me.

How he does miracles,

Of things I can’t even see.

Then I noticed,

How I love you.

But you don’t see,

Everything I do.

But that’s okay,

Cause it is for the best.

And I’ll keep going,

Even without rest.

Waiting for You-2002

In the darkness,

I wait for you.

But another place,

Are you waiting for me too?

The dark,

Becomes some-what light.

As the day,

Forces away the night.

In the morning,

I still wait for you.

Yet in another place,

You’re waiting for me too.

Still I Love You-2002

I loved you,

You loved me.

At least I think,

That is how it used to be.

But now you’re gone,

And there’s nothing I can do.

Weirdly enough,

I still love you.

Hope You Don’t G0-2002

I’ll hold my breath,

As I let you know.

I’ll cross my fingers,

And pray you don’t go.

I’ll pretend it didn’t happen,

And I’ll just wait.

Wishing you’ll forgive me,

Hoping it’s not too late.

Not Needing You-2002

I am screaming,

Yelling your name.

But you don’t care,

And now I feel lame.

Why aren’t you listening?

Why don’t you reply?

Do you like to hear me cry?

Why aren’t you moving?

Why don’t you turn around?

I am going crazy,

On the walls I pound.

Then boom,

I become calm.

I realize I don’t need you dad,

I got mom.

Girl-2002

I look at this girl,

Who stood in front of me.

Her heart was broken,

That was easy to see.

She had been crying,

Her make-up was a mess.

Every minute,

Her self esteem grew less.

Her lips quivered,

And her legs began to shake.

Something went wrong,

But it was choice she had to make.

She let him go,

But it hurt her more.

It broke her heart,

Right to the core.

This wasn’t a dream,

It was reality.

This wasn’t just any girl,

It was me.


Wanted-2002

He looked at her,

And wondered what went wrong.

In his head,

Played their song.

He wanted to touch her,

And hold her tight.

But his world was dark now,

There was no more light.

He wanted to kiss her,

But her lips were now cold.

He whispered “I love you,”

That’s something he never told.

When he was done,

He turned around.

As they lowered his,

Girlfriends casket into the ground.


Words-2002

I look at you,

As you stare at me.

When I look in your eyes,

I can’t explain what I see.

I see how you love me,

With all your heart.

I know you have been doing that

From the start.

I see the words,

You struggle to say…

The same words

From the first day.

After out long look,

You smiled and said,

“I love you.”

My face turned red.

Goodnight-2002

I wanted to kiss you,

Before we said goodnight.

I didn’t want you to leave,

I just wanted to hold you tight.

I couldn’t stop looking,

Straight into your hazel eyes.

Cause by them,

I am hypnotized.

I can’t face the night,

As you pull away.

Cause I still feel

That I have something to say.

Like “I love you!”

And “Please don’t go.

I need you here,

Don’t you know.”

I can’t stand the feeling,

Of watching you leave.

You should be here,

So we have each other’s love to receive.

They say the best things in life,

Are no for free.

But look… I didn’t pay a penny,

And I have you here with me.

What You Do is Never Enough-2002

You could give me a kiss,

That would knock me to the floor.

Yet, I wouldn’t be please,

Even if you gave me one thousand more.

You could hold me close,

To your heart so sweet.

Yet, you’d find,

Our passion needs more heat.

You could be there at night,

And overwhelm me with your touch.

Yet, once you stop,

You’ll see I need you just as much.

You could give your love the old fashioned way,

Or make it new and improved.

Yet, either way,

My love is never removed.

You could kiss me and hold me,

Like you always do.

I am just letting you know,

I can never get enough of you.

I Saw It Coming, But Can We Change What We Did?-2002

I knew where we were headed,

And it wasn’t where I wanted to be.

After a couple weeks,

I began to see.

But I didn’t understand,

Why this was happening right now.

And when did we get here,

Or even how?

But the fact remained,

I loved you so.

And that’s why it was your decision,

To fix it or just let me go.

I couldn’t stand the pain,

Of the thought that this could be true.

So I reminded myself,

Of how I needed you.

But then that night,

It was the where we said goodbye.

It was the one where all I did,

Was cry.

My heart yelled,

“Please don’t let me go,

Please don’t at this to our memories.”

This is how I wanted to beg,

But I couldn’t get on my knees.

I couldn’t spit it out,

I couldn’t let you hear.

You probably wouldn’t understand,

It wouldn’t be too clear.

So I let you slip,

Right through my fingers.

But in my mind,

Your face still lingers.

I told you I was sorry,

I said I made a mistake.

So staying where we are or taking me back,

Is the choice you have to make.

I miss you,

And still love you to this day.

If I get you back,

I’ll never let you get away.

If Only I Had Known-2002

If I knew it would be,

The last time I saw you,

I there would be,

A lot I would do.

Like hold you,

For all eternity.

That way you would never,

Be able to leave me.

I would kiss you goodbye,

As you walked out the door,

Then I would bring you back,

For a thousand more.

If only I had known,

Then maybe the end would be different.

If I didn’t say, “I love you,”

Please know, that’s what I meant.

If I Said…-2002

Why don’t you see,

When I look your way?

Why don’t you listen,

When I have something you say?

Do you notice me,

Or not at all?

I feel when you look at me,

I am invisible, or just a wall.

I can’t control,

Whatever I feel inside.

But when I let it,

I would much rather want to hide.

If I told you,

What would you do?

Would you laugh hysterically,

Or love me too?

When I Had to Tell You -2002

I tried to say it,

I tried to find the right part.

Of speech,

But everywhere in my heart,

There was a place I couldn’t reach.

I couldn’t tell you,

I couldn’t say it aloud.

But if it came to that point,

Deep down… I’d be more than proud.

When I looked into

Those eyes that starred back,

I thought to myself,

“Words are the only thing that I lack.”

But then I opened,

My mouth so wide.

Yet, I still couldn’t say it,

I had far too little pride.

So I hung my head,

And rolled my yes.

I looked at you trembling,

As another piece of your world dies.

I couldn’t do this much longer,

I couldn’t hold back one more day.

Because I knew I needed it to come out,

I knew what I had to say.

Just in case these words were my last,

There’s nothing more I’d rather do,

Than say or speak,

I love you.


Do You Love Me?-2002

I see in your face,

In the dawning of the light.

And soon, this feeling,

Seems more than right.

I touch your hand,

And feel you shake.

That is how I know,

You are awake.

I kiss your face,

And feel you sweat.

I know that you want to leave,

But not just yet.

I asked you once,

“Do you love me or not?”

You replied softly,

“I love you a lot.”

Pray to God-2002

I bowed my head,

And said my prayers,

Hoping God would answer them fast.

And if he does…

(Oh, I hope he will.)

I pray that it will last.

I asked Him to,

Take my sickness,

And throw it far away.

Because I hate,

When people ask,

And I’m not sure what to say.

Do I tell them the truth?

Or do I make up a lie?

Whatever I choose,

(Dear God)

I just don’t want to die.


Every-2002

Every day,

I wonder if you love me,

And even know I’m here.

Every hour,

I wonder if you miss me,

And need me near.

Every minute,

I cry to have you in my arms,

And cry because you don’t know.

Every second,

I hope you weren’t forced,

I hope you wanted to go.

He Said He Wouldn’t Leave, But He Did-2002

He said he would stay,

By my side.

He said from the problem,

He wouldn’t hide.

He promised he would,

Help me through.

So we did it,

And the feeling was brand new.

But something went wrong,

And we saw the tear.

I couldn’t catch my breath,

It gave me a terrible scare.

I didn’t think it would,

Have a sudden effect.

But it did,

And it’s something we couldn’t neglect.

He knew what was coming,

He knew it was here.

But the look on his face,

Wasn’t sincere.

So he left,
Without a trace.

When I went to the doctor’s,

My heart started to race.

They took my blood,

And to the lab it was sent.

Results came back,

I am pregnant.


Problems-2002

Problems fell in place,

As my life fell apart.

My life was ruined,

From the start.

First my cat,

She just goes and dies.

The about my sister’s identity,

My father lies.

My parents,

They got divorced.

Sent away,

My father was forced.

Grandpa then died,

And we moved in,

Then I gave something up,

I know it was a sin.

Maybe it’s just,

My life is like this.

If all these went away,

They wouldn’t be missed.


Daddy-2002

Daddy,

Do you love me?

Daddy,

Do you care?

When I needed you most,

You were never there.

Through pictures,

Is how you watch me grow.

You say it’s sad,

But it was your choice to go.

You didn’t have to leave,

You could have stayed by mommy’s side.

Instead you cheated,

Yelled and lied.

Maybe I don’t want you in my life,

It’s a choice I’m willing to make.

But I’ll keep you in it,

For mommy’s sake.

Letting You Go-2002

I finally realized,

What I should do.

The only problem is,

Is it will hurt you.

It will tear you apart,

In every way.

I am still deciding,

What to say.

I have something for you,

But you should read it alone.

Because you’ll be mad,

That fact is known.

I feel so terrible,

I shouldn’t have let you fall.

Oh geez,

This isn’t good at all.

Here it goes,

I am about to let you go.

What’s going to be your reaction?

Only God will know.

Done-2002

You know,

I love you.

But I am sorry,

I just don’t know what to do.

I feel terrible,

Cause I do this.

And you will be,

Someone I miss.

We are better as friends,

I’ve told you before.

So I’m letting you go,

Once more.

You may have nowhere,

That you can run.

I’m still sorry Zachary,

But now were done.


Change-2002

I didn’t understand,

What you were trying to say.

I couldn’t look at you,

So I looked away.

I wanted to cry,

But I held it back.

Our relationship,

Fell off the track.

Then for some reason,

We turned it around.

And the room became silent,

There was no sound.

You said you were sorry,

But I wasn’t sure why.

You wiped away the tears,

I began to cry.

And so our argument,

Ended with “I love you.”

Then we compromised,

And argue is what we’ll never do.

My Dream Scared Me-2002

The night was quiet,

Not a sound was made.

In bed, without you,

Is where I laid.

I couldn’t move,

Without you by my side.

I try to pretend,

I haven’t cried.

I wonder if you miss me,

Or even care.

I start to dream,

As I just lay there.

I dreamt you were here,

Telling me you love me.

But in your eyes,

That’s not what I could see.

It seemed that you,

Were just lying.

That’s when I felt,

My heart was dying.

When really,

I was the one becoming dead.

By the unforgettable,

Words that were said.

Then you walked away,

As I just laid on my bed.

The color of my sheets,

Went from white to bright red.

Blood poured out of me,

As turned around.

You didn’t care,

You made no sound.

I was motionless,

As the dream stopped.

My heart skipped a beat,

It just hopped.

Then I looked forward,

As you stood at the door.

My dream scared me,

Once more.

At Times-2002

At times,

I am afraid and terrified.

You don’t know,

How many times I have cried.

Cried,

I cried over you.

When I promised myself,

That was something I would never do.

At times,

I get nervous and shy.

Then I finally realize it,

The moment has gone by.

“By” or “bye,”

Something I never thought I’d say.

But then I saw,

You walked away.


About You-2002

Why is it I think of you,

When a particular song plays?

And even when I hear or see

The color green?

I need you, and want you,

Love you and miss you,

Is what I mean.

When I dream,

And close my eyes,

I see your face.

When I listen closely in my thoughts,

I hear your voice,

And my heart starts to race.

Then once again,

Someone mentions your name,

And I start to cry.

Without you here,

In my arms is torture,

That’s no lie.

Seeing You-2002

I didn’t want to leave,

I didn’t want to say goodbye.

I guess I was too upset,

Too sad to cry.

I just couldn’t let you see,

My emotions just yet.

To cry in front of you,

Each and every day.

I want to say, “I love you,”

But I can’t find the way.

And I just wait,

To see your face.

Just thinking about it,

Makes my heart start to race.


When it Came-2002

I stood and waited,

For you to come back.

Because you in my life,

Is all that I lack.

I looked for a letter,

Or a card.

When there wasn’t one,

It hit really hit me hard.

You risked your life,

For others sake.

It was a risk,

You were willing to take.

I didn’t know it happened,

Until I got a call that night.

I didn’t believe the guy,

I said, “This can’t be right.”

There you were,

Under the rubble and stone.

When they said you were dead,

I felt so alone.

What do I tell the kids?

What do I say?

How do I explain,

Their daddy when away?

September 11th,

2001.

I can’t change it,

It’s over and done.

Called-2002

I called your house,

And she picked up the phone.
I swear,

I never felt more alone.

I asked for you,

In a frightened low voice.

Life just gets harder,

But you made a terrible choice.

The tone that she had,

Was not good at all.

It made me feel tiny,

And very small.

You finally answered,

Like you had no idea who I was.

I asked why she was there,

All you said was, “because.”

I asked what her name was,

All you said was, “no one.”

I figured,

That’s it… we’re done.

I couldn’t stand this,

So I hung up quick.

When I dated you,

I had the wrong pick.


It’s Okay to Cry-2002

I always hated,

Saying goodbye.

Mainly because,

It always made me cry.

So when we had to leave,

I couldn’t let my best friend go.

Mom asked me if I was all right,

I told her truthfully with “no.”

After a few years,

I adjusted just fine.

And found a wonderful man,

I could finally call mine.

We got married,

Pretty quick.

I thought for sure,

He was the right pick.

But after a few months,

He just up and left me.

He said he had a reason,

But that I couldn’t see.

So I cried to mom,

When he went away.

And I still remember,

What she had to say.

It’s okay to cry,

So don’t be ashamed.

It seemed that what she had to say,

Should be framed.

Soon after,

Mom got sick really bad.

I couldn’t help,

But be sad.

A few days later,

Mother died.

I listened to her words,

And just cried.

First and Last Date-2002

It was our first date,

The one I waited so long for.

The whole night you were a gentleman,

I couldn’t ask for more.

But as we got into the car,

The rain poured down.

I was really hesitant,

My heart started to pound.

The vision got blurry,

Our car started to swerve.

We were on a straight away,

There was no curve.

The car ahead,

Slammed on its breaks.

I guess that’s all,

This accident takes.

We slid off the road,

Into a tree.

The last thing I heard,

Was you scream for me.

Immediately the medics came,

And I was still alive.

I guess I knew,

All I had to do was survive.

But then I failed,

And my body died.

I must have heard you,

Because I know you cried.

Wrong to be with You-2002

Why do you feel nothing when I touch your hand?

“I love you,”

And the words you can’t stand.

When I look at you,

Why do you look away?

Whenever we talk,

You don’t know what to say.

I finally know you’re slipping away,

And soon you’ll be gone.

My choice to fall in love with you,

Was totally wrong.

I thought you were the one,

To stay until the end of time.

But now I know,

The worst combination is your heart,

And mine.

Question-2002

You gave me your hand,

And looked in my eye.

I couldn’t stop myself,

From trying to cry.

You held me close,

And said, “I love you.”

I was happy,

Because I loved you too.

You best down,

On one knee.

As you asked,

“Will you marry me?”


Until Death Do Us Part-2002

As I look into your eyes,

I am thrilled with your every move.

Because your love has a way,

To overtake me and soothe.

When you touch me,

I am free- yet secure.

I’m so happy we are this way,

And not how we were.

I can’t hide how I feel,

And I can’t say what I think.

Because when we are near,

My heart begins to sink.

Every single time,

I am glad we are together.

Hoping it is,

For always and ever.

And as I stand there,

My hand trembles so.

When you slip on my ring,

Gentle and slow.

I will love you,

Deep within my heart.

And always will,

Until death do us part.

The Time Has Come-2002

To: Shane Perkins

The time has come,

For us to go.

I don’t want to,

I have to though.

I couldn’t stand the thought,

Of walking away.

Let alone,

I wouldn’t know what to say.

Would I see you ever again?

I don’t know.

I have to say,

I hope so.

I love you to death,

That’s a fact.

But I’m moving out,

I’m already packed.

I’m not leaving you for good,

That’s something I’d never do.

Like I already said,

I love you.


Why I Love You-2002

I’d walk a thousand miles,

Just to see your face.

When I hear your voice,

My heart starts to race.

When I look in your eyes,

I fall in love even more.

When you say my name,

My heart melts to the core.

I guess everything you do,

Is why I love you.

Do This-2002

I miss you,

I need you.

Please, help me,

Because I don’t know what to do.

Get here fast,

And embrace me so tight.

Give me a kiss,

To last through the night.

Say something comforting,

So I know you care.

Don’t give up on me,

Don’t you dare.


One Kiss-2002

I sat and wondered,

What you think of me.

Is it love?

It’s too hard to see.

I have feelings for you,

Ones you can’t and don’t realize.

When I am not with you,

My heart cries.

Please understand me,

Just this one time.

Please give me your heart,

And say you’re mine.

I only long for,

Something I can’t miss.

So fulfill my wish,

With just one kiss.


Love You-2002

I love you.

What else can I say?

I love you more.

A lot more than yesterday.

I can’t tell you

Exactly how I feel.

Just believe me,

My love is real.

I’ll love you more tomorrow,

A lot more than today.

Like I said,

What else can I say?


Eight-2002

I sat there,

And waited for you to come.

As time went by,

My body went numb.

It was still early,

You wouldn’t be here till 8.

So, I’m not worried yet,

Because you’re not late.

I watched people come in,

And I watched people go out.

But when they weren’t you,

I couldn’t help but sit and pout.

The clock ticked,

And still I waited too long.

I knew you’d come,

But maybe I was wrong.

And now it is close to 10,

And you still aren’t here.

I can’t see,

Let me wipe away all these tears.

I was early,

You were coming at 8.

Now that it’s 10,

I know you aren’t coming…

It’s too late.


The Day on the Street-2002

I stood there,

With my feet planted to the ground.

I didn’t quite see you,

Because too many people were around.

I stood there on the corner,

As cars drove by.

Finally we ran into each other,

But I couldn’t spit out “HI.”

I like your hair,

Slicked back like it was.

I like your mile,

Just because.

Your body movement,

Was just what I was searching for.

And your eyes,

Just made me want more.

But you kept walking,

Right by me.

You didn’t even look up,

To even see.

So I didn’t say,

A word to you.

Saying goodbye,

I didn’t even do.

You Feel Like I Do-2002

When I first saw you,

I wasn’t sure what to think.

All I know is,

My heart began to sink.

I couldn’t help it,

Or make it stop at all.

Little did I know,

My heart was answering your call.

I didn’t know,

That’s how you felt inside.

You should have told me,

It’s something you don’t have to hide.

You can tell me anything,

Just let it all out.

The way I feel about you,

Is something you don’t have to doubt.

But right now we are just friends,

And that’s just how it has to be.

I just hope you never lose,

Those feelings you have for me.


About You-2002

You sat there,

Looking at me with doubt.

And for some reason,

I knew what it was about.

But stayed calm,

And decided to pretend.

I guess I was hoping,

This was something we could mend.

But the clock ticked,

And I finally knew,

You never cared about me,

Everything was about you.

Should Have Said “BYE”-2002

The rain poured down,

As you pulled away.

Since we were arguing,

I had nothing more to say.

I never said “I love you,”

I never said “goodbye.”

The thought never occurred,

That you could die.

I didn’t mean to yell,

I didn’t mean to raise my voice.

But walking away from the problem,

Was my choice.

I am so sorry,

Please come back to me.

It’s a shock I lost you,

Can’t you see?

I should have said “I love you,”

I should have stayed calm.

What am I going to do,

Now that I lost you mom?

You don’t know I love you,

Because I just let you leave.

So now I have the guilt,

To receive.

Lost and Love-2002

I guess I lost you,

When really,

I wanted to keep you.

Now that you and me,

Are in this position,

I don’t know what to do.

I look at you,

And neither of us,

Know what to say.

So turn around,

And so do I,

Then we go the opposite way.

When I want,

To actually talk,

People are all around.

And still you ignore me,

And simply,

Stomp my heart into the ground.

I’m still confused,

I don’t know what to say,

Or more importantly do.

If you care,

Or even if you don’t,

I still love you.

Never Let You Go-2002

I have loved you from the beginning,

I knew I always would.

I can’t ever let you go,

I highly doubt I could.

I wish I never broke your heart,

And walked away.

I wish we were still together,

To this very day.

But now I am with him,

And he loves me.

Yet, my feelings for you haven’t changed,

As you can see.

Please understand,

I love you so.

And for these reasons,

I will never let you go.

No comments: