Saturday, August 28, 2010

1999 Poetry

God’s Love-1999

God showed me that He loved me,

By His son dying on the cross.

If I live the way He wants me to,

I shall never again be lost.

He said I would see Him in Heaven,

Standing at the Golden Gate,

With His arms extended open,

I can only imagine the feeling being GREAT.

So follow some simple steps each day,

And accept him into your heart,

For Satan will not like this,

And God and I shall never part.


Heart-1999

Heart? Where is my heart?

That’s right; it’s in the palm of your hand.

You ripped it out and ran away,

And to this day I’d like to say:

I want it back, it’s not yours.

You love somebody else,

So get out my door.

Drop my heart on the floor,

So somebody will see it

And come love me once more.


Ten Plus-1999

Ten plus one, who shot the gun?

Ten plus two, I believe it was you.

Down fell the deer with a bullet in his ear.

Dinner is caught, now that we sought.

Ten plus three, he’s hanging on the tree.

Ten plus four, you’re out the door.


Bored-1999

I am bored, but there’s so much to do.

I could run with the horses,

I could play with Lou.

I am bored, but there’s so much to do.

I could run in a circle,

I could go fly a kite.

I could watch Steve Urkle,

Really late at night.

I am bored, but there’s so much to do.

I could go count the stars,

I could talk to Sue.

I am bored, but there’s so much to do.


Say-1999

You say 1,

I say 2.

You say K,

I say Q.

You say me,

I say you.

Silly ain’t it?


Forgot-1999

Mama taught me about the “birds and the bees,”

But mama never said anything about “the trees.”

Mama read to me about “Noah’s Ark,”

But mama never said anything about “Satan’s Mark.”

I guess she forgot.

Mama taught me about the “right things,”

But mama never said anything about “the world’s kings.”

Mama taught me about “Love,”

But mama never said anything about “the white dove.”

I guess she forgot.


Explanation-1999

God is a gift, a friend, and a father. God is a person, a soul, and a mother. God is the one, the only one, and he shall reign.


Him-1999

His drinking wouldn’t stop,

His car wouldn’t start.

His buddies stole his keys,

That’s why we’re not apart.

He didn’t die,

So he’s still here.

He said I love you,

He said he’d always be there.

Then the car started,

His drinking got worse.

My brother died,

And his buddies lied.

I think of him always,

He is in my heart.

Maybe he is my angel,

And we shall never be apart.


Remembrance-1999

I remember mom crying,

I remember dad yelling.

I remember me being scared,

I remember my brother seeing it.

I remember the door,

How it slammed shut.

I remember stomping,

As dad went to his car.

I remember the unforgettable thoughts,

Of how my daddy left me at 4.

I remember the unforgettable memories,

Of the worst year ever.