Saturday, August 28, 2010

2003 Poetry #1

Make It Simply Go-2003

She was going crazy,

Her head was racing,

And tears ran down her cheeks,

As she cried.

She didn’t know what to do,

Didn’t know who to choose,

Or what to say,

Because her hands were tied.

Three guys,

Only one to choose,

But which one?

She didn’t know.

She had to push it away,

Think about it less and less,

Make all of it,

Just simply go.


A Kiss and Run-2003

Every time she saw him,

He took her breath away.

Whenever they talked,

They never had anything to say.

Year after year,

Same old… same old.

She liked him,

But that never was told.

Then one night,

Out of the blue… a kiss.

She was so happy and shocked,

She couldn’t believe this.

But was it real?

Would she even know?

Minutes later,

He turned to go.


All She’d Know-2003

This was killing her,

One more second,

Of being lonely,

And knowing that,

She was living without him,

Would tear her in two.

She was scared,

Heartbroken,

And didn’t know what to do.

She couldn’t bear it.

It was so difficult,

Just knowing that,

He wasn’t her second half,

Anymore,

And never would be.

Separation was good,

Only for awhile,

And now she could see.

Losing him wasn’t a choice,

Nor a decision at that.

She loved him,

And need him all at once.

Why’d she let him?

And their love go?

She couldn’t explain.

She wanted him back,

And that’s all she’d know.


Wait Around For You-2003

I didn’t expect to miss you,

I didn’t expect to cry.

I hurt you,

And now you want to die.

I can’t believe I did this,

What was going through my head?

I still can’t believe,

Those damn words I said.

Everyone thinks I’ll move on,

But that I won’t do.

I’d much rather,

Wait around for you.


The Bad Part-2003

A heart so lovely,

But filled with pain,

Was set before my eyes.

A person so beautiful,

But beset with pain,

Just cries.

A love so wonderful,

But split by distance,

Holds its distrust.

A couple so enduring,

And miles apart,

Can only have love or lust.

A relationship so great,

That nothing stands in the way,

Loses its touch.

A girl and a guy so determines,

That nothing can stand in the way,

Doesn’t know they miss each other so much.


Never Ever-2003

When somebody asks if we’re together,

What do you say?

Would you deny it?

And turn your head away?

Would you feel ashamed,

Because you betrayed my trust?

Only because you know,

What you feel is love not lust.

Would you become emotional,

And burst out in tears?

Or would you put me down,

And pray no one else hears?

Would you actually,

Deny us being together?

Or wouldn’t you do that,

Never ever?


Never Would-2003

She looked at him,

From across the room.

He saw her too,

Or so that was assumed.

She needed someone to love her,

And she thought he could.

There was just one problem,

He never would.


Miss You-2003

Missing him was normal,

It wasn’t all too new.

For the last 5 months,

That’s all she had to do.

Days went by,

Where she’d never hear from him at all.

Sometimes he’d never write,

Or at that even call.

Sometimes she thought she knew him,

Other times she had no clue.

There were no kisses or hugs,

And less “I love you’s.”

But for some reason,

She still loved him too.

Can you tell this is about us?

And I miss you.


Could You Imagine-2003

Could you imagine

Your life without me?

Could you imagine

Your life if you couldn’t see?

Could you imagine

No words to express the way you feel?

Could you imagine

No way for your heart to heal?

Could you imagine

The world with no time?

Could you imagine

Always being mine?


One More Thing-2003

I love you,

I need you,

I want you.

One more thing...

Be my Valentine too?


The Way It Should Have Happened-2003

Trying to hold it in,

She wiped away a tear.

She was shaking,

And was overcome with fear.

She knew his words,

Before he said anything at all.

This couldn’t be good,

Their loves about to fall.

She hung her head,

Not wanting to look in his eyes.

And still not wanting him,

To see that she cries.

She knew he was ending it,

With more than a goodbye.

She wasn’t surprised,

So why did she cry?

She lifted her head,

And told him to stop.

This was her turn,

He wasn’t going to make her look like a flop.

So she yelled… screamed,

Even slapped him once I believe.

Then she said goodbye to him,

And turned to leave.

At least,

That’s what it was like in head.

It happened a little different,

I guess instead.

I guess she was heartbroken…

Like she always happened to be.

Let me skip over the heartbreak,

And say she will be fine with me.


Never Say Never-2003

Thinking of you,

Eases my pain.

Being with you,

Is what I want to gain.

Trying to hold in,

How I feel about you,

Wanting to say,

I love you too.

Hoping that one day,

We can be together.

Praying you’ll,

Never say never.


Do-2003

Do I love you?

The answer is yes.

Do I need you?

Much more than less.

Do I think of you?

All the time.

Do you want to be mine?

Do you love me?

Do you need me too?

Do you have the same feelings,

That I have for you?


What I Did-2003

Once again,

I did the wrong thing.

I made the wrong choice,

And of course,

There is nothing can do.

I am afraid of what to say,

Even like “I love you.”

I can’t keep wishing,

You were in my arms.

I can’t turn back,

Those clocks.

That move so fast.

I can’t bring you back,

I can’t change the past.

Although I need you,

What can I say?

I can’t tell you that,

I never could,

Bring it out.

But to me only,

You are what loves all about.


Girl-2003

Girl you know I love you,

And I am sorry for what I did.

I am so pathetic,

I acted like a kid.

I figured I was doing the right thing,

By following my heart,

But I guess that was wrong,

And it had hurt you from the start.

I am so sorry for this,

I really am.

I hate myself so bad,

I mean… damn!

I keep hoping this is a dream,

And everything will be okay.

But it seems they just get worse,

Day by day.

There is so much I have to tell you,

But it’s so hard for me to say.

Telling you straight out,

Just might be the easiest way.

I am confused,

On whether what I did was right.

Because it feels like it’s not,

When I look at it in the light.

But girl thank you for being there,

It means a lot.

I just wish,

That what I had is what I got.


That’s When I Love You-2003

When we hold hands.

When I look in your eyes.

When you make me smile.

When over you I cry.

When I see your face.

When we are apart.

When you say “I love you.”

When I gave you my heart.

When we cuddle.

When we kiss.

When we’re together.

When it’s you I miss.

When I need you.

When there’s nothing to do…

That’s when…

I love you.


Love-2003

Love.

A simple word,

That is strong and true.

But happens to be perfect,

Between us two.

Love.

Four little letters,

That mean so much.

And I can feel your “love,”

In your touch.

Love.

Between us,

I want to say...

“I love you so much,”

Every day.


Just One More Thing-2003

One perfect moment,

A stop in time.

A heartfelt feeling,

Where I know you’re mine.

A little look,

In your eyes.

Another moment,

Where my heart flies.

Just one more thing too,

I love only you.



GRANDMA-2003

To: Grandma Snedeker

So many things happened.

Things that are unforgettable.

Memories of everything,

From when I was little till now.

Then this happens,

But I don’t want to understand how.

Grandma, you never yelled at me,

Even when I was running around the house.

I sang and I danced,

And you watched it all.

Even though my friends had to yell on the phone for you to hear,

You never missed a call.

Watching SHREK was great.

I’ll never forget how you laughed,

When he pulled wax out of his ear for a candle.

And you liked the donkey too.

Now when I watch it,

I will imagine you.

Teaching me to crochet,

Wasn’t the easiest thing to do.

I still have learned,

But I am determined to know how.

Although the “expert”,

Isn’t here now.

You listened to everything I wrote,

From stories to poems.

No matter whether they made you laugh or cry,

You listened until I was through.

Before I even read them,

You’d like it… is what I knew.

When I was down,

You never were.

That is another quality,

I loved about you.

‘Cause you made me laugh,

When I was blue.

Non-alcoholic wine on any holiday,

Was the specialty at our house.

You always got loopy,

After a sip or two.

You wouldn’t believe how silly,

Non-alcoholic wine made you.

Anyone was welcome,

When they were at the Snedeker-Vincent house.

Whether it was a complete stranger,

Or just friends and family.

They were all wonderful people,

Who loved you, mom and me.

I don’t remember,

But I know you saw me come into the world.

Staying right by mom’s side,

While took my first breath.

Then I was with you all the way up until,

You took your last one at your death.

Although on Wednesday night,

Mom said not to kiss you goodnight ‘cause I was sick,

I knew I should,

And I am glad I did.

‘Cause in me there is still that disobeying little kid.

The last words I heard from you,

Were, “I lub you.”

I can’t even remember,

The last time I saw you cry.

That is why I though,

We’d never say goodbye.



The “Romantic” Feeling-2003

It’s a falling,

That makes you know,

They are the one.

It’s a love,

That is undying,

And is never done.

It’s magical,

And enchanting,

When they kiss away the pain.

It’s exactly when you know,

You have nothing to lose,

And so much to gain.

It’s a feeling inside,

That makes you tingle,

With their very touch.

It’s the feeling of emptiness,

When they’re not around,

That means you need them so much.

It’s how I feel,

When I am,

Only with you.

It’s a constant wonder,

Of whether or not,

You feel it too.


The Way You Kiss-2003

The way you kiss,

Is sweet,

Enchanting,

Sentimental,

Magical,

And suave.

It’s gentle,

Beautiful,

Loving,

Romantic,

And passionate.

What more can I say?

Other than,

Kissing you is the best.


Every and All-2003

All I have,

And all I am,

I give to you.

All my feelings,

And all my love,

Are completely true.

Every word,

And every “I miss you,”

Come from my heart.

Every hug,

And every kiss,

Were meant from the start.

All I am saying,

Is I love you,

And promise I always will.

Every time we’re together,

Or apart,

I will love, miss and need you still.


One and Only Valentine-2003

One sweet word,

Made me notice you.

So when you said hi,

I said it too.

I never thought it’d lead us,

To be in love at first sight.

Now that it has,

It feels totally right.

Nothing makes me happen,

Then saying you are mine.

I love you and miss you,

My one and only Valentine.


Coming From a Mother-2003

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

A caring heart,

So devoted and true.

A love so precious,

To only come from you.

A tender touch,

That lasts a lifetime.

Coming from a mother,

That can only be mine.


I… You-2003

Things I want to say,

Things I want to do.

All of these things,

That involve you.

I love you,

Can be said to your face.

I need you,

To make my heart race.

To crave you,

Every second of the day.

I miss you,

Is the one I mostly say.

Things like this,

Make me fall for you.

Dreaming that someday,

You know all my feelings are true.


Crying When I Miss You-2003

A look in your eyes,

A touch of your hand.

Makes being away from you,

Even harder to stand.

A kiss hello,

And an I love you goodbye.

Is why when you are away,

I begin to cry.

A dream at night,

To see you the next day.

Hoping and praying,

I get to say,

“Never leave me,

Promise to stay my side.

Wipe away all those tears,

I have cried.”


Whole-2003

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

I never actually knew,

How much you loved me.

But looking back,

Now I see.

You’re always been there,

For when I needed you.

You promised never to leave,

You actually kept that too.

I can’t explain,

How much I appreciate it all.

You’ve been there for my up times,

Or even when I’d fall.

There is nothing more I can say,

Than THANK YOU from my soul.

When someone wants you... they get me too.

We come as a whole.


Completely Real and True-2003

I can’t tell you,

How I really feel,

Unless we are together.

Then I can tell you,

I love you and need you,

Always and forever.

But if we’re apart,

All I can say is,

I miss you.

Actually,

Wishing and hoping and praying,

You feel the same way too.

But I can’t explain,

Because you can’t understand,

How much I love you.

And every bit,

Of my feelings for you,

And completely real and true.


Just-2003

Just a thought,

Just a wish,

That I could be with you.

Just a though,

Just a wonder,

Of if you want to be with me too.

Just a second,

Just a minute,

To have you hold me.

Just a second,

Just a moment,

To let you see…

That when we are part,

When I am not with you,

I can’t get you of my mind.

To ever let you go,

To ever say goodbye,

There isn’t one reason I can find.


Friendship and You-2003

Sometimes I wonder,

What friendship is all about…

Then I think of you.

There forever,

And until the end…

Is all you have to do.

The sharing of secrets,

The whispering of it all…

Do you get the picture yet?

The day we became friends,

The day we became best friends…

Simply I am glad we met.


Friendship and You Part 2-2003

I can’t tell you,

How I feel when you are down.

Do I stay and comfort you?

Or don’t you want me around?

Do I say I am sorry?

Was it even my fault?

Sometimes our arguments,

Is what can bring our relationship to a halt.

But nevertheless,

We are friends in the end.

I knew it was,

Something we could mend.


When You Said “Yes”-2003

I held my breath,

And waited.

Because your answer,

I anticipated.

I was hoping for yes,

But I thought you’d say no.

Instead of waiting,

I’d thought I’d go.

But I stayed,

Yet I am not sure why.

Either way,

I knew I would cry.

Within seconds,

You said yes.

And now my love for you,

I can finally confess.


Perfect Couple-2003

When I kissed you,

You kissed me back.

When I hugged you,

You hugged me back.

When I said “I love you,”

You said it back.

When I promised never to leave,

You promised it too.

That’s when I knew,

The perfect couple was me and you.


In Love-2003

In love?

I never knew what that was.

I always thought I had it,

But it turned out I never did.

When it came to love,

I was still a kid.

In love?

I never expected to be.

I never thought I’d find,

A guy to be true.
Not until,

I fell in love with you.


You Keep Loving Me-2003

I love you.

Three Words

Those that hold so much truth.

I love you.

Said with meaning

From the heart.

I love you.

Never going to stop,

As long as…

You keep loving me.


I Wish…-2003

I wish…

I was with you.

I wish…

I could kiss you too.

So many things,

I wish I could do.

But most importantly,

I wish to never stop loving you.


Knowing “The One.”-2003

Knowing that you are “the one,”

Doesn’t scare me at all.

Mainly because I am so in love,

That every time I see you I fall.

Fall deeper in love,

With the guy of my dreams.

Our relationship is,

Exactly what it seems.

Perfect with a slight problem,

And will never end.

Being with you forever,

Is so much what I intend.

So knowing you are “the one,”

Makes me keep falling into love with you.

It also lets me know,

I cannot live without you too.


I Can’t Say-2003

I can’t say “I love you,”

And mean it when,

I really don’t feel that way.

I can’t say “I miss you,”

And mean it when,

It’s really not what I want to say.

I can’t say “I need you,”

And mean it when,

I really need him.

I can’t say “I want you,”

And mean it when,

My world with you is just dim.


Like You-2003

There’s that one special moment,

When everything seems just right.

I had that perfect moment,

Just last night.

Kissing your lips,

While I was in your embrace.

Every little thing,

Made my heart race.

Little “I love you”‘s,

And a touch of your hand…

And every passing second,

A little easier to stand.

I know I say it enough,

But just so you know it too,

There won’t be anyone else,

I’ll ever love like you.


Glorifying to Heaven-2003

To: Grandma Snedeker

How the angels were ready,

To greet grandma at the gate.

This was the happiest moment,

But the longest wait.

Tears of sorrow, happiness, and pain,

Embrace us all today.

But the memory of her,

Won’t ever go away.

Crying isn’t enough,

And “sorry” is just a word.

But both crying and “I’m sorry,”

Is all that’s heard.

But grandma was ready,

To leave that day.

All she was waiting for,

Was the Lord to say:

“Come to me child,

For you have done well.

You’re coming with me to Heaven,

They can already tell.

Dear faithful servant,

Your job is done.

The angels here,

Have already sung.”


Read Between the Lines-2003

To: Grandma Snedeker

After what happened,

You’d think I’d still be hurting inside.

If I knew this before,

Then maybe I wouldn’t have cried.

I read some words,

That I think my grandma secretly lived by.

And I believe it to heart.

No lie.

An Italian Proverb says:

“Count you night by stars,

Not by shadows,

Count your life by smiles,

Not tears.”

And I understand every word.

You have to read between the lines,

And not listen to what is heard.


I’ll Always-2003

I saw you crying,

But I wasn’t sure what to do.

I couldn’t understand,

If your sadness had to do with me too.

I tried to help,

But you seemed too careless.

What did I get myself into?

Easy… a huge mess.

But my best friend needed me,

So I was there.

Even if you don’t,

I’ll always care.


From the Start-2003

I look at you,

Like there is no end.

And my time with you,

Is what I want to spend.

I feel like we belong,

Together for as long as we live.

Too much love,

You can never give.

When I say “I love you,”

I say it from the heart.

I’ll mean it till the end,

Because I have from the start.


Love of a Best Friend-2003

Watching you cry,

Makes me want to too.

Seeing my best friend cry,

Just isn’t what I want to do.

I wish you were happy,

Although crying is okay.

But when you and I get this way…

Neither of us know what to say.

Do we hug?

Do we give space?

Do we ignore each other?

Or do we look each other in the face?

Either way…

I know we will feel better in the end.

Why, you ask?

Because we had the love of a best friend.


Lots of People Are Gone-2003

Where is everyone going?

It seems like everyone is gone.

It’s like lots of people have died,

By the light of dawn,

I want my family,

To come back to me.

I need grandma to come home,

As you can see.

People I don’t know,

Die every day.

And it’s still sad,

Either way.

I wish we could,

Live forever.

I wish people wouldn’t go away,

Never ever.


What If-2003

What would you do,

If today was your last day with me?

What would you say,

If you had to say goodbye?

What would you do,

If you never saw me again?

What would you think,

If I was never here?

What would you do,

If we never met?

What would go through your head,

If “I love you” wasn’t your last words?

Tell me one thing,

Would you cry,

When you answered these questions?


Thinking-2003

I was thinking today,

And it came to mind,

Of how much I love you.

I was wondering,

How you thought about me,

Like whether you loved me too.

Then I realized,

I already knew,

How you felt.

And when I thought about it,

Believe me,

It made my heart melt.

Nothing makes me happier,

Than being with,

Only you.

I am not only saying it,

I mean it,

Because I love you too.


My-2003

My heart,

My love.

Nothing more I can give.

My mind,

My soul.

Is yours to keep.

For all time,

Until the end.

I am all yours.


I Died-2003

Here I lay,

Dead as can be.

I wish my best friend,

Was here with me.

Hold my hand,

So I don’t die alone.

On God’s promise land,

We can roam.

Don’t shed a tear,

Because it wasn’t you fault.

Don’t stop living because of me,

Don’t bring your life to a halt.

Don’t wish I was here,

Because I am in a better place.

Right now I am,

Wiping those tears from your face.

Don’t keep thinking of me,

For I am not coming back.

Even though,

In your life I am what you lack.


I Knew…-2003

To: Dustin Niemann

I knew I loved you,

When I first looked in your eyes.

I knew I needed you,

When I figured your words weren’t lies.

I knew I loved you,

When my hand fit in yours just right.

I knew I needed you,

When we woke up together in the morning light.

I knew I loved you,

And needed you for all time.

And nothing can explain,

How happy I am that you are mine.


No comments: