Saturday, August 28, 2010

2003 Poetry #3

Since You Left Me-2003

A lost love,

A last regret.

One more thing,

I haven’t mentioned yet.

A broken heart,

A promise gone.

Just one thing,

I did wrong.

I fell in love with you,

Expecting you to be Mr. Right.

I never expected you,

To leave me that night.

I said “I love you,”

And hoped you’d mean it.

My feelings were true,

I just hope you seen it.

But I guess you didn’t,

You just let me go.

Now I am left here,

And I can’t let you know…

That letting me go,

Was the wrong choice at the time.

I just want you to know,

Never again will you be mine.


Always and Forever-2003

You tell me you need me,

And I fall.

You let me go,

And then I call.

You look in my eyes,

And I can’t look away.

You keep talking,

And I don’t know what to say.

When I am cold,

You keep me warm.

When my world is dark,

Your smile breaks the storm.

You hear me cry,

And you wipe away the tears.

When I am scared,

You push away my fears.

You kiss me,

And I am blown away.

You say you love me,

And I say “always and forever… not just today.”


During A Dance-2003

Keeping in my thoughts,

That you were the one,

I asked you to dance.

Looking in your eyes,

I begged for just one chance.

As you held me close,

I began to fall in love,

And completely see…

The only person in the world,

Is you for me.

You leaned in,

For a surprising,

And unexpected kiss.

When we were done,

I was glad it wasn’t what I missed.

Then those words,

Came from nowhere,

But I felt them too.

Those sweet words were,

“I love you.”



From This to That-2003

To: Jean Niemann

By: Stephanie Seidel too

From sandwiches to medicine,

And staying overnight…

You were always there for us,

When the time was right.

We never gave you attitude,

Like some family members do…

We love and respect,

And also cherish you.

Taking on 2 new grandchildren,

We knew isn’t an easy task.

But will you be our grandma,

Or is that too much to ask?

From barn chores to helping you out,

And being there to talk…

You always have the right advice,

On what path to walk.

We lost a grandma,

So we turned to you…

Hoping you’d know,

Exactly what to do.

Having around the two of us around,

May not seem the best.

But we aren’t finished with the memories,

There are still all the rest.

From hugs to kisses,

And “I love you’s”…

There can never be a dull moment,

We are known to amuse.

We love to be around you,

But we don’t know why.

We know this poem is sad,

But please grandma! Don’t cry.

We try to love you,

As our own.

You know is so well,

You can tell our voice on the phone.

From Stephanie to Ashley,

And Dustin too…

We may not show it,

But really we all do love you.

We gave you a place of our hearts,

And you accepted us as we are.

You’ve done a good job,

So far.

You never let us down,

We don’t think you have that intention.

We think there are a few things,

We forgot to mention.

From showers to laundry,

And blow-drying out hair…

There isn’t anything you wouldn’t do,

Because you always there.

You made us feel better,

When we were down.

We knew we could come to you,

We knew you’d be around.

We can’t explain,

How this was all brought about…

But one thing is for sure,

Our love for you won’t run out.

From watching TV to sitting on the couch,

And just being with you…

We know if we have a problem,

You will help us through.

So many memories,

We can’t forget ever…

Our only wish,

Is you will be here forever.

So stay by our sides,

And never let go,

We won’t leave yours,

And that’s all you need to know.



The Real You-2003

My make up ran,

As I held our picture.

I looked at the girl,

But I didn’t know her.

She was so in love,

And so was he.

But that couldn’t be us,

Because you don’t love me.

I was only fooling myself,

When I told everyone you’d stay.

They all laughed,

And said you’d go away.

I threw the picture,

Against my wall.

I hated myself,

Because I was the one to fall.

I went to leave my room,

But there you were.

Suddenly I was that girl,

And I knew her.

You kissed me,

And held me so tight.

Was there another chance?

I figured there might.

You said,” I love you,”

And I said it too…

I knew everyone was wrong,

Because I knew the real you.


You Wouldn’t Have Stopped Me-2003

You just watched,

As I was torn in two.

You just sat there,

Like there was nothing you could do.

You watched me cry,

As I blamed your leaving on me.

You didn’t care,

That was plain to see.

I said I was sorry,

For whatever went wrong.

You just nodded your head,

Like “Who cares if I am gone?”

You listened,

As I put myself down.

But then again,

This is the first time you listened when no one was around.

You didn’t move,

As I threatened my life.

You didn’t even stop me,

When I grabbed for the knife.

I started towards me heart,

The one you broke.

But then I cried harder,

And began to choke.

“Forget it!

That I won’t do!”

I out down the knife…

I was only fooling you.


The Night You Left-2003

I cried myself to sleep,

Hoping you wouldn’t know.

I was so upset,

I didn’t know why you had to go.

You told me goodbye,

And gave me one last kiss.

I tried to hold you back,

Because I couldn’t stand this.

I begged you to come back,

But I guess I couldn’t make you stay.

When you looked me in the eye,

I had no clue what to say.

When your car pulled away,

I watched your tail lights fade.

I was so scared,

That you forgot the memories we made.

I waited the next day,

For you to return.

You never came back,

Although my heart yearned.

I knew you moved on,

And didn’t love me anymore.

You made that clear,

When you walked out the door.

But I haven’t stopped loving you,

Just like I said I never would.

But I know you stopped loving me,

Although I didn’t see how you could.


Butterfly Kiss-2003

He said goodbye,

As he waved to his girlfriend.

She promised this wasn’t it,

This wasn’t the end.

But he knew the truth,

And it made him cry.

He couldn’t stand graduation,

Because he hated to say goodbye.

He pulled her close,

And said, “You’ll be there one I always miss.”

As he gently took her cheek,

And gave her a butterfly kiss.


Graduation-2003

We remember the memories,

As we shed a few tears.

The quiet whisper of “goodbyes,”

Is all everyone hears.

The friends and teachers,

That all will be missed.

No more being friendly,

No more being dissed.

No more principals,

To yell at you.

No more teachers,

To tell you exactly what to do.

We lose all this at graduation,

What makes me cry is this…

All the good and bad things,

I will still miss.


Heartbroken-2003

She had his heart,

In the palm of her hand.

Being apart,

They couldn’t stand.

She said she loved him,

And she meant it too.

He knew how he felt,

And told her, “I love you.”

There was nothing there,

That could stop them from being together.

They each hoped the other,

Wanted to be together forever.

But time grew short,

For his only love.

She told him

God was calling from above.

She got sick,

And eventually passed away.

He was heartbroken,

And didn’t know what to say.

He became depressed,

And died from a broken heart.

Now they are together in eternity,

And never have to be apart.


He Only Wants Her-2003

When she looked at him,

All she could see,

Was a man she loved,

But he loved me.

When she let him know,

How she felt,

All he could talk about,

Is how I made his heart melt.

When she told him,

That she loved him too,

All he could say was,

“Without her… I don’t know what I’d do.”

So she gave up,

Because she knew they’d never be together.

He found his destiny,

And he’d be with her forever.


Fell Out of Love-2003

She grabbed his arm,

As he turned to walk away.

He said he was leaving her forever,

Because he fell out of love with her today.

And told him not to go.

She said he still loved her,

Deep down he should know.

But he kept his word,

And said, “I don’t love you.”

She just sobbed,

And pleaded, “Yes you do.”

But within seconds,

He was gone.

That’s when she knew,

She was wrong.


Abortion-2003

She was pregnant,

That she knew.

But she was scared,

And didn’t know what to do.

Adoption was sad,

In her eyes.

This was the hardest thing to deal with,

So she only cries.

But now she has,

Nowhere to run…

She picked the wrong choice,

And had an abortion.

Now she is sad,

Because her baby is dead.

“I can’t believe I did that,”

Is all she had said.


Ended with a Date-2003

Lovely and beautiful,

Blonde hair with her eyes blue,

Looking her best,

Just to impress you.

Walking slowly watching her every move,

And wishing she were yours,

She slips away,

Walking through the glass doors.

You want to chase her down,

And catch her name.

But stalking her in a parking lot,

Would be stupid and lame.

You watch her go to her car,

And she is parked next to you.

What a surprise…

But now what do you do?

You run so fast,

As you see she forgot her purse…

You are there in seconds to give it back,

What could be worse?

You say hello,

She says it too.

You talk for an hour,

You think she likes you.

She wants to repay you,

Says, “Is coffee okay?”

You said, “That sounds great.”

What else could you say?

Coffee went well,

She wants to see you more.

Things worked out,

Just because you chased her out the door.


Goodbye Made Him Cry-2003

Tears of sadness,

Tears of joy.

The longing to hold,

The hand of that boy.

The constant reminder,

That you let him go.

The hurt and pain,

That no one else would know.

The goodbye,

That tore you in two.

The sad part is,

He really loved you.

The look on his face,

Said it all.

He was devastated,

But you stood tall.

You stood by your word,

Which was goodbye.

That was the last word you said,

And the only one that made him cry.


I am Still In Love with You-2003

I try not to think about the fact,

That I am still in love with you.

But I have to admit,

It’s not the easiest thing to do.

I want to make it,

So you see,

The one person you should be loving,

Is no one but me.

I could tell you I love you,

But I wouldn’t know what to say.

I wouldn’t want it,

To turn out the wrong way.

But I guess you need to know,

How I feel too.

The truth is,

I am still in love with you.


8 Months-2003

If he loves her,

How’s she supposed to know?

He hasn’t said it once,

And now he turns to go.

After 8 months,

You’d think he could see…

That to her heart,

He holds the key.

No matter how much she says it,

And whether she means it too,

He still hasn’t said,

“I love you.”

The question is raised,

And he has nothing to say.

Accept he tells her,

“I didn’t love you 8 months ago and I don’t love you today.”


Faking-2003

A crystal clear tear,

Rolls from my eye.

As I fake a smile,

When he walks by.

But it’s no use,

I think he sees right through.

He knows I am pretending,

And there is nothing I can do.

When he’s out of sight,

I begin to cry.

Wondering why God put me on Earth,

And why He gave me this guy.

Asking for reasons,

And hoping for it all to go right.

I still feel nervous,

When we turn out the light.

But I guess I will never know,

Even though I want to…

All I can tell him is,

“I love you.”


Would-2003

If life was a test,

To see if you could deal,

With the cards you were dealt…

Would you even deny,

The way you felt?

Would you pretend,

You never knew,

Me at all?

Would you tell people,

It was stupid to fall?

Would our love be a joke?

Would you laugh it off?

Would you kiss and tell?

Would you tell people,

Our relationship put you through hell?

Would you say,

You never had me?

If you know what I mean.

Would you say you never made me cry?

Or so you have seen.

If you were asked,

“Do you love her?”

What would you say?

You can be truthful or lie,

You choose the way.


Fell In Love-2003

She was sick of crying,

But that’s all she seemed to do.

She hated the fact that,

She had no one to say “I love you.”

Then things changed,

And those words were said all the time.

She finally had someone,

She called “mine.”

Love took her over,

And made her fall.

In love with the one she thought,

She’d never love at all.


Like You Usually Do-2003

How many times do I have to say,

“I love you” before you believe me?

You just don’t get it,

You just don’t see.

You didn’t understand,

So you turned away.

You just broke my heart,

And teared me apart today.

You led me on in the beginning,

I was so naĂŻve.

I should be thankful now,

I don’t have your shit to receive.

But I still feel lonely,

Without you here.

I can’t take the fact,

That you’re holding her near.

I hope you are happy,

I hope she is your dream come true.

I hope she knows she’s a fool,

Because you’ll up and leave like you usually do.


My Turn to End It-2003

I couldn’t take it anymore,

I needed to say goodbye.

I couldn’t stand the tears,

Why’d you always me cry?

I took off my ring,

And said we were through.

It was so tough,

Because I still loved you.

But I couldn’t let that stop me,

You had hurt me so bad.

It seemed like every night,

You’d get mad.

Now I’ve had enough,

And I must go.

Don’t hold me back,

Because the answer in “no.”

So I said goodbye,

As I shut the door.

Now neither of us,

Have to be hurt anymore.


When I…-2003

To: Grandma Snedeker

When I am lonely,

I tell myself you are here.

You can always hold me,

And bring me near.

When I feel like no one loves me,

I tell myself you do.

And I just keep saying,

“I love you too.”

When I need to talk,

I tell myself you will listen.

But right now,

It is you I am missing.

When I feel all this,

Like I do right now today.

I keep wishing you are here,

But I can’t have my way.


I Didn’t Know You-2003

I thought I knew you.

I told myself this was right.

I said you were the guy,

That’s be there through the night.

But I was wrong.

You weren’t who I thought.

You chose the wrong path,

And you got caught.

You tore my heart,

You ripped my trust.

Now getting rid of you,

Is more than a must.

You killed my dreams,

You made me lie.

Now all you do,

Is watch me cry.

So, I don’t know you.

I never did anyways.

And now I will never miss you,

Any of my days.


Your Footprints-2003

To: Grandma Snedeker

Wisdom,

Knowledge,

And love.

Self-respect,

Courage,

And belief in God above.

Sensitivity,

Encouragement,

And a whole lot more.

All of this,

Is what I found,

Behind your hearts doors.

I love you,

And I adore you,

But that you will never know.

After walking in your footprints,

I found out,

I still miss you.


Sometimes-2003

Sometimes life changes,

And people have to say goodbye.

But we are left with the memories,

That still make us cry.

Sometimes time goes so fast,

That we don’t appreciate what’s here.

And then we look back,

At that friend that was sincere.

We remember shopping,

And driving around having fun.

But then we miss it,

When it’s all done.

We remember prom,

And when we spent the night.

Now not doing any of it,

Just doesn’t seem right.

Sometimes moving on,

Isn’t easy at all.

And not having that friend around,

Life can seem dull.

Sometimes friends lose touch,

And move apart.

But you never have to worry,

Because you’ll always be in my heart.


Kisses-2003

I kissed you once,

And it blew me away.

I kissed you twice,

And didn’t know what to say.

I kissed you three times,

And I couldn’t stop.

I kissed you again,

And this one hit the top.

I went through life,

Just kissing you.

I just couldn’t pull away,

And I never wanted to.

But life grew short,

And soon we were to the last kiss.

It was time to say farewell,

And I couldn’t stand this.

But I was dying,

And had to say goodbye.

Then we shared our last kiss,

As you begin to cry.


125 Miles per Hour-2003

We left in his maverick,

After we had a fight.

We were on a dark road,

Late at night.

65 miles per hour,

He wants to see how fast he could go.

75 miles per hour,

That was nothing, you know?

85 miles per hour,

That wasn’t fast.

95 miles per hour,

I was holding on at last.

105 miles per hour,

A smile was on his face.

115 miles per hour,

My head started to race.

125 miles per hour,

We hit a tree.

My boyfriend was okay,

But 125 killed me.


“House”-2003

The screaming and yelling,

I can’t take it anymore.

The harsh words still come,

As I hide behind my door.

Mommy stands still,

As you push her around.

You are still yelling,

And I’m trying not to make a sound.

You were mommy’s dream,

But without the attitude.

She hates playing “house,”

When you turn everything into a feud.

I can’t stand,

When you make mommy cry.

And I can’t understand,

Why daddy said goodbye.


Why?-2003

Did you not love her?

Or did you not want me?

What’s the reason you left us,

To be our own family?

7-years of marriage ended,

Just because you said goodbye.

Was it your intention,

To make my mommy cry?

Why’d you leave me,

Instead of raising me?

It hurt to have no father,

Can’t you see?

Sure… a visit here and there,

But what’d that do?

Except give me a chance,

To up and leave you.

I’m not mad.

I just don’t understand,

Why’d you say goodbye,

And let go of mommy’s hand.


85th Birthday-2003

To: Grandpa Snedeker

Grandpa,

Although you’re gone,

We know your spirit,

Still lives on.

We hope you know,

How much we miss you.

And to bring you back,

We’d love to do.

But we can’t,

There’s just no way.

So all we can do,

Is remember you on you on your 85th birthday.


What If I Said-2003

What if I said,

I know you are lying,

When you say you love me?

What I said,

It’s not me,

It’s another girl you want to see?

What if I said,

I knew that you,

Could do a lot better?

What if I said,

Some other girl is more of a fit for you,

You just haven’t met her?

What if I said,

Deep down,

None of this is true?

What if I said,

I was just kidding,

And I actually love you?


You Only Get One-2003

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

My one and only,

There is no turning back.

Even with all that has happened,

You still seem to care.

I never should have doubted,

That you’d be there.

From day one,

We came as a package.

My whole life I knew,

God chose the right one for me.

I am just saying,

I love you,

If you can’t see.

Although we have our times,

And we both know we do.

I know you’ll always be here,

To help me through.

You only get one mom,

And I am glad I am stuck with you.


Scared of Love-2003

She looked at him,

He looked sincere.

She grabbed his hand,

And whispered in his ear.

What she said,

Blew him away.

He never though,

That’s what she’d say.

He pulled away,

Nervous as hell.

She knew he got scared,

She could tell.

He left her there,

To sit and cry.

She couldn’t understand,

Why her “I love you” made him say goodbye.


What I Go Through-2003

To: Grandma Snedeker

My face goes numb,

My hands begin to shake.

All I say is:

“Tell me this is fake!”

My mouth waters,

My cheeks turn red.

I lose my mind and yell:

“SHE CAN’T BE DEAD!”

My eyes go blurry,

And the first tear falls down.

I begin to see,

You’re not around.

I hold my breath,

As memories run through my head.

I still hear “I love you,”

Being the last words you said.

Now today,

Life doesn’t seem any better too.

I still can’t help it,

I miss you.

The one person who listened,

The one who was there.

The one I knew loved me,

And would always care.

But now it’s all gone,

And it’s not coming back.

The one person who loved me,

Is the one I lack.

Every day I still cry.

Behind closed doors I do.

I don’t cry over nothing,

I cry over you.


He’s Gone-2003

A teardrop falls,

From a girl who lost all hope.

She thought they’d be together forever,

And she still pulls at that rope.

She never thought they’d end,

He never gave her a chance to say goodbye.

All he did was leave her,

And make her cry.

She moved in for one last kiss,

But he was already gone.

Without him in her life,

Everything seemed so wrong.

So now he has left,

And nothing was said.

As her heart broke in two,

While her boyfriend lay dead.


Climbing to Heaven-2003

She laid down her head,

And wiped away her tears.

She tried to shake it off,

But she still had all these fears.

She heard daddy yelling,

As mommy still cried.

She can remember it perfectly,

The night that she died.

Daddy smelled like alcohol,

And mommy screamed for him to stop.

Daddy beat her up,

Then ran from the cop.

She lifted her head,

At the sight of a bright light.

If she did everything wrong,

At least this choice was right.

She climbed those stairs to Heaven,

And there she cried no more…

As she said goodbye to her mommy,

Closed that chapter’s door.

A picture,

Of me hanging on you wall.

I hear you never leave,

You just wait for me to call.

I hear you wish we never broke up,

And you wish there was something you could do.

But what I hear has no effect.

I really should have heard it from you.


My Mommy is My Daddy-2003

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

Her mommy knew it was a bad idea,

For her to go to school that day.

She feared for her daughter’s feelings,

And what those kids would say.

She held her little girls’ hand,

And begged her to stay home.

She didn’t want her daughter,

To be singled out and feel alone.

But the little girl went to school,

And held her head so high.

When the teacher called her name,

She had no reason to lie.

She stood in front of the class,

As the student’s daddy’s lined the wall.

She was confident,

And she stood tall.

Everyone had a weird look,

At the person who held her hand.

One mumbled, “That’s not her daddy.”

Another said, “I don’t understand.”

The little girl began to talk and calmly said,

“My daddy lives far away,

And has since I was four.

That’s why he’s not here today.

But this person took me shopping,

And pulled the knots out of my hair.

This person said they love me,

And would always care.

This person standing here,

Is my father too.

Just like all your daddy’s,

Are a father to you.”

The little girl gripped that hand,

That held hers so tight.

“This is the person who’s always there,

Throughout the day and night.”

She ended her turn,

And said this calm…

“My dad isn’t my father figure,

My father figure is my mom.”


Graduation-2003

Walking the halls,

Sitting in class.

Getting the diploma,

Graduation at last.

Losing friends,

Saying goodbye.

Moving to college,

The future in your eye.

Hometown school,

Visit someday.

10-year reunion,

So much to show and say.

Wearing my cap and gown,

I’ve wait for so long.

Can’t believe my time here,

Is almost gone.

One more look,

Before I go out that door.

Wave goodbye,

To class of 2004.


2003 Holidays-2003

I hope your Christmas,

Is merry and full of cheer.

And you New Year’s,

Is happy and a great year.

I hope all there is to hope,

For 2003.

I hope your holidays are good for you,

Like mine are for me.

So open your presents,

And eat all you can.

If you’re anything like me,

Don’t try to maintain a tan.

The weather is cold,

But the fire is hot.

I’ll see you in 2004,

Like it… or not.


Love I Found-2003

O, thank you Lord,

My burdens are gone.

Through my new path of life,

God will help me along.

Praising His name,

And Worshipping Him above.

He is all I need,

He covers me in His love.

And when it’s my time,

To leave this earth and go…

God will be with me,

And let me know.

Then I can reunite with my family,

And be safe and sound.

As I feel so blessed,

With God’s love I found.


A Friend in You-2003

I searched aimlessly,

Looking for a friend.

I searched for awhile,

And though I was at the end.

I thought that was it,

There’d be no friend for me.

Then I opened my eyes,

And began to see.

Through my roaming,

There is nothing more to do.

I have found my treasure,

I found a friend in you.

No comments: