Saturday, August 28, 2010

2002 Poetry #1

One Night Stand-2002

You thought she’d never hurt you,

But in your eyes I see.

The tension that lingers,

Between you and me.

You are still afraid to love,

But you think there is no chance.

I can tell,

By the sound of your voice.

There was nothing comforting,

That I could say.

There was nothing,

To push this fear away.

But then you looked

Deep in my eyes.

And said you needed me,

Although you heart cries.

So I wiped away your tears,

And kissed your face.

With every move,

My heart began to race.

We kept going,

Until we couldn’t do it anymore.

Then you gave me my money,

And I was out the door.

Best Friends-2002

Best friends are,

Until we die.

Best friends are,

There when you cry.

They never argue,

And never fight.

Best friends are,

There, even in the night.

Best friends are,

You and me.

Until the end of time,

That’s how it’ll be.

Way I Feel-2002

I have feelings,

Deep inside.

Feelings towards you,

I can no longer hide.

When I am with you,

My heart begins to race.

At an uncontrollable,

And exciting pace.

Most of the time,

I look and stare.

To let you catch me do that,

I wouldn’t dare.

No words can describe,

How I feel about you.

When I tried,

It’s something I couldn’t do.

So in my heart,

Is where you’ll stay.

Until that upcoming,

Wonderful day.

Running Through the Scenes-2002

I tried to run from

All the pain you caused.

But soon I was just standing there,

My mind paused.

Memories of you ran through my head,

Like they’ve never done before.

Of days the sun would shine,

Or lonely nights the rain would pour.

Times of when,

It was just you and me.

Or times we spent

With our families.

Going fishing,

Or just watching TV.

No memory is too big,

As you can see.

The ones where we were,

Going to end it right then and there.

On days we thought,

We didn’t care.

Ones we say,

And didn’t know what to do.

Times we argued over,

Who loved who.

And others where it seemed,

Like no one else mattered.

And all others where,

We felt distant and scattered.

Bad ones of when,

We me the wrong choice.

Days I couldn’t stand

Not to hear your voice.

Good ones of when,

Everything seemed just right.

Just like when the thought of,

Marriage was a “might.”

Times by the lake,

Or sitting in your car.

Dreams we had,

That wouldn’t go far.

The picnic on the island,

Or basketball in your backyard.

Memories you forgot about,

But for me it is still hard.

The night we stayed up,

And you told me everything.

Or every time I would get shy,

When I would sing.

Teaching me,

To use a gun.

I couldn’t do it ,

But it was still fun.

Showing me a standard,

And trying to teach me how.

I never understood,

But I wish I did now.

Listening to your thoughts,

Understanding how you feel.

Was all apart,

Of the upward bound deal.

The look on your face

When I did something wrong.

It’s not hard to remember,

It hasn’t been to long.

The time we argued

After the dance.

The night I begged,

For that second chance.

Then the night,

I made you cry.

And the total opposite,

Where it wasn’t you but I.

All the days

I messed up your hair.

And the days,

I couldn’t help but stare.

Times we spent,

So far apart.

Nights that were endless,

And tomorrow wouldn’t start.

Then there is the day we met,

And that is the worst of them all.

That is the day,

The day I would fall.

Fall in love,

With only you.

Bur with everything that happened,

We’d get here- who knew?

The last day,

When your goodbyes were true.

The reality hit,

And I had lost you.


What Love Makes You Do-2002

I cried myself to sleep,

Just thinking of you.

Thinking of the crazy and wild things,

Love makes you do.

Buying roses,

For no reason at all.

Talking on the phone,

Even if it’s a long distance call.

Saying “I love you,”

Even if you’re mad.

Laughing for some stupid reason,

Although you’re sad.

For me,

It’s a look in your blue eyes.

Or maybe it’s our,

Special ties.

Whatever it is,

It will never leave.

As long as I have,

Your love to receive.


No Answer-2002

I can’t tell you,

How I feel.

I can’t explain,

If love is real.

I won’t give you,

A reason to cry.

I can’t tell you,

Why people die.

No reason to why,

Religion has such an effect.

And I don’t know why,

Race is an aspect.

I don’t know the answers,

So all I do is nod.

But who you can ask is,

Jesus Christ our God.


Should Have Known-2002

I didn’t want,

To be loved.

Cause right away,

I didn’t want to be involved.

My life was already busy,

Without you there.

And juggling so many things,

I couldn’t bear.

So I decided,

To be on my own.

But I didn’t like the thought,

Of being alone.

At that point,

I invited you to stay by my side.

And go along,

For this joyful ride.

I guess you didn’t like it,

Cause you jumped off fast.

I should have known,

We wouldn’t last.

So once again,

I go alone.

This time I’ll stay,

On my own.

Look-2002

What is wrong

With the life we life?

Is there not enough

Love to give?

Everything is going crazy,

It doesn’t seem quite right.

I mean, just open your eyes,

And take a look at the sight.

The local teacher,

Did something wrong.

Ten-year-old Johnny shot his friend,

And now he’s gone.

Runaways and abuse,

Are becoming normal every day.

Robberies and killings

What can I say?

If you think you’re missing something,

You’re not.

Just look around,

It’s not every spot.

So what’s wrong

In this world in which we live?

People can’t find it in their heart,

To give.

Lend a helping hand,

Turn on a light.

Do something not wrong,

But right.

Whatever you do,

Do it fast.

And make all this horror,

A thing of the past.

The Love That Killed-2002

No heart deserves pain,

And no pain deserves a heart.

But you are the reason,

The pain began to start.

If you didn’t hurt her,

Maybe she’d still be here.

But instead of loving her,

You weren’t anywhere’s near.

I remember it like it was yesterday,

When she began to cry.

Nobody knew that would be the day,

She would die.

When I got to the accident,

What I saw, I couldn’t believe.

Instead of staying by her side,

I wanted to leave.

For that second,

When she opened her eyes,

I said she’d be okay-

But she knew those were lies.

Then she drew her last breath,

With the end in sight.

She didn’t seem scared,

She knew she’d be alright.

So now I watch her,

As her body lay still.

No one could see,

His love would kill.

Love You-2002

How do I love you?

How do I let you know?

I love you a lot,

But I cannot show.

How can I tell you?

If you don’t feel the same?

I don’t want to be a fool,

Or feel so lame.

But I do love you,

No matter what you say.

And I’ll keep loving you,

Every single day.


The Other-2002

Torn between two,

More in love with one.

Anywhere I go,

There is nowhere to run.

So, I look into their eyes,

To determine who to take.

This decision,

Wasn’t a piece of cake.

I finally choose,

And he and I walk away.

The other one stands there,

Not knowing what to say.

I look back,

The other guy looks so sad.

I bet he wishes he was,

The one I had.

The thought in his mind,

That he isn’t the lucky guy.

He wants this all to be a dream,

But reality doesn’t lie.

As me and my man,

Walk out of sight,

I simply know,

This choice I made was right.

Real Friends-2002

By: Becca Brown Too

Real friends are,

Always there.

They tell you the truth,

About your clothes and hair.

They back you up,

When people lie.

And when it’s not true,

You’re friends understand why.

Real friends listen,

And give you advice.

They are never mean,

But extremely nice.

So, help someone out,

Have your heart to lend.

And become a true,

And “real friend.”


LYLAS-2002

We met over the summer,

And ended up here.

We weren’t good friends,

But pretty sincere.

And as school went on,

Our friendship grew together.

Was it perfect?

Never.

And if one of us leave,

I am sure the other will miss.

But either way I’ll always,

Love you like a sis.

You, Her and I-2002

We both like you,

But you only like one.

It would be easier,

If you liked none.

But the consequences,

Is what we shall pay.

And friendship between her and I,

Is the problem every day.

Maybe we should,

Just eliminate you.

But that is something,

Neither of us can do.

It’s not like,

We stay mad forever.

We couldn’t do that,

Never ever.

So maybe none,

Of us should date.

Considering the time,

It is pretty late.

Love and World-2002

I tried so hard,

To show the love we shared.

I did my best,

To make you know I cared.

And although the world,

May be against our being together.

The fact is,

Who said forever?

Just because,

We hurt in the past,

Doesn’t mean,

Heartache should last.

Maybe when you see,

How much we have to share,

You can find too much in common,

To pretend it’s not there.

We’ll get over our differences,

With time the world provides.

And our life will be easier,

So our love never hides.

We can show the world,

Our two hearts as one.

Cause our kind of love,

Is better than none.


Because You Lied-2002

There is no pretending,

What was said.

There is no lying,

It stuck in my head.

The hurtful words,

The crying and tears.

Is this what I get

After all these years?

No way to explain,

How I feel right now.

I can’t even begin

I don’t know how.

I wish it didn’t come to this,

And I wish I could say,

That everything

Will still be okay.

As the door closes,

My feelings explode.

These are the feelings

You have molded.

And you don’t know,

How I feel inside.

Cause from every problem,

You’d run or hide.

And all this came about,

Because you cheated and lied.

Don’t Stay-2002

Tell me what happened-

What went so wrong?

When did it take place?

And how long?

When did you decide,

To cheat and lie?

Was your intention

To make me cry?

Does she love you?

Or don’t you know?

I don’t wasn’t you here.

So maybe you should just go.

How do I love you?

I don’t anymore.

So wave goodbye

As you shut the door.


Walked Away-2002

I still remember it,

To this day.

How hard those words were,

You wanted to say.

I wasn’t prepared,

It took me by surprise.

Even now,

My heart still cries.

Our love was lost,

The feeling gone.

Although I still feel you,

When I hear our song.

Now on my bed,

Is where I lay.

As I think,

Of when you walked away.

Something You Should Know-2002

By: Stephanie Seidel Too

I sit and stare,

Knowing there is nothing I can do,

To make you love me,

They way I love you.

My friends all try,

To tell you how I feel.

But only I can,

Make it seem so real.

Yet another day passes by,

And you still don’t know.

Cause I don’t have the courage,

As I watch you go.

You get off the bus,

I feel the pain of losing you for the night.

And I know,

I won’t see you until the morning light.

I wish I could have told you,

How I felt.

Instead I sit as my,

Mind and heart begin to melt.

And as you walked away,

All I did was smile.

Although I wanted to speak,

All awhile.

Stupid me for not telling the truth,

But my words wouldn’t come out.

I love you like you don’t know,

Without a doubt.

Once again,

I see the note.

The one that says how I feel,

But it’s what my friend wrote.

It still doesn’t explain,

What I feel inside.

Such as:

Everything that I hide.

One of these days,

I’ll let you know.

How I feel,

And love you so.


What to be Worn-2002

I need him to notice me,

As I walk by.

Then maybe we can get

Beyond the word “hi.”

The warmth of a

Mans embrace.

I can only get it,

With velvet or lace.

To win him over,

I’ll need a color so bright.

Something to shimmer,

In the light.

The crowd is quite,

As they look down the aisle.

This is what I wanted,

All awhile.

The warmth of a

Mans embrace.

I can only get it,

With velvet or lace.

White is the only color,

That will do.

I need something,

Because my world is brand new.

The innocent eyes,

The turn of a cheek.

What is this precious thing,

I long and seek?

The warmth of a

Mans embrace.

I can only get it,

With velvet or lace.

A baby has arrived

But who knew?

So for this event,

I’ll need blue.

He walks away,

With one last goodbye.

This divorce,

Can only make me cry.

The warmth of a

Mans embrace.

Has been lost,

With velvet or lace.

So a lover,

Is what I lack.

For this,

I will need black.

I need him to notice me,

As I walk by.

Then maybe we can get

Beyond the word “hi.”

The warmth of a

Mans embrace.

I can only get it,

With velvet or lace.

To win him over,

I’ll need a color so bright.

Like I had,

That other night.


Feelings-2002

By: Stephanie Seidel Too

If I cry,

What would people say?

The person I love,

Argued and hurt me today.

He led me on,

Then shot me down.

Everywhere I look,

He is around.

His image here,

His scent there.

I don’t get it,

Does he love me or doesn’t he care?

We start out fine

Then end up bad.

This is what causing,

Me to be sad.

I feel used,

By that special guy.

Now I want to curl up and die.

A single tear,

Runs down my cheek.

Why is it his love,

That I seek?

He won’t talk,

Or return my call.

So maybe I shouldn’t

Love him at all.

I Said I Wouldn’t do, Exactly What I Did-2002

I said I wouldn’t cry,

If you decided to go.

Although I’d be sad,

I couldn’t stop you… I know.

So I stand alone,

In the doorway.

With nothing more,

Than goodbye to say.

With my hair a mess,

And my heart broke in two.

To me this feeling,

Is still new.

And I couldn’t hold them in,

Cause my tears began to fall.

Now I sit by the phone,

Hopefully for a call.

“Maybe he is dying,

And can’t live without me too.”

That’s all I say,

But there is nothing I can do.

Inside I feel selfish,

Just like a little kid.

Because I said I wouldn’t do,

Exactly what I did.


You-Know Who-2002

I can’t hold this in,

The way I feel.

I can’t explain,

If it is real.

Could I love you?

Not just yet.

It’s too early,

My heart can’t beset.

And as I look at you,

Her head turns away.

She gets jealous,

With my every way.

Until she realizes,

There is nothing she can say or do,

The pain of us,

Will always hurt you-know-who.


You-2002

Your hug,

Your kiss,

Your touch.

Your embrace,

Your look,

Your smile.

Your heart,

Your presence and,

Your ways.

However you see it,

It is basically—

YOU!


Missing You-2002

I am missing you,

With everyday.

The thought pounds me,

Of why you went away.

The sound of your voice,

The look in your eye.

I sincerely miss this,

I can’t deny.

One touch of your hand,

Imprinted in my heart.

Left thousands of footprints,

From the start.

A cry of love,

With no hate.

I still love you,

But it’s too late.

Valentine’s Day,

Is almost here.

Yet,

You aren’t anywhere’s near.

So to the past,

I say goodbye.

But in my heart,

I’ll always wonder why.


Led Me On For Her-2002

By: Stephanie Seidel Too.

I tried to love you,

With all my heart.

I tried to be your friend,

From the start.

I talked and cared.

As though you were mine.

But days went by,

And I kept crying.

I read over our conversations,

So innocent and clear.

But when I think…

You weren’t really here.

Yet I fell in love even more.

Although my heart,

Is lovesick and poor.

You say you aren’t ready,

To be tied down.

Is that why you immediately,

Found a girl in the same town?

So you led me to believe,

Your love for me was true.

But now you have turned,

And found somebody new.


A Child’s Truth-2002

My brother died,

When I was 8.

By the time they got t o the hospital,

It was too late.

He had a hole in his stomach,

And it was really deep.

Daddy held mommy’s hand,

As she began to weep.

I didn’t know what happened,

I don’t know what I did.

Because back then,

I was a really little kid.

For some reason,

He never opened his eyes.

Mommy says that’s what happens,

When somebody dies.

And when they put him in the ground,

I didn’t know what for.

But, when I think about it,

My tummy gets sore.

And I pray that God will hold him,

Safe in His arms.

So that way,

No one ever harms.

I didn’t mean to do it,

I really didn’t mean it.

So remind yourself to lock up your gun,

So this isn’t the story of a loved one in you.


Sweet Valentine-2002

When you kiss me,

It gives me a feeling I never felt before.

The kind of feeling,

That makes my heart soar.

When we make love,

The feeling can’t be expressed in any other way.

The kind of feeling,

That you can’t say.

I love you,

More than anything.

Each day there is a melody,

My heart wants to sing.

Bring in your arms,

Is like flying in the air.

To let go and fall,

I wouldn’t dare.

To give you up,

Would be a crime.

Our love is priceless,

I’d bet a dime.

So I ask one thing,

Would you be mine?

My love and darling,

Sweet Valentine.

Brother-like-Valentine-2002

You are like a brother,

And I am glad you are here.

There is no where I’d rather be,

Without you near.

You are my guidance,

And my light.

You help me through the dark times,

And make things right.

Please don’t leave my side,

Whatever you do.

Because right now,

My only valentine is you!


You and I are the Reason-2002

You are the reason,

My life is now complete.

You are the reason,

Our romance has heat.

You are the reason,

There is love in my eyes.

You are the reason,

I am not saying my goodbyes.

You are the reason,

And I love only you.

You are the reason,

There is nothing anybody can do.

I am the reason,

Nobody can ever take you away.

I am the reason,

You want to stay.

We Are the Definiton-2002

The definition to love and romance,

Is you and me.

We have a perfect relationship,

Everyone can see.

Kissing you,

Is more than words can explain.

When I ma with you,

Your love makes me insane.

Your eyes are gold,

That’s why I am drawn to your face.

And when we touch,

My heart starts to race.

Your love is sweet,

And somewhat enchanting.

Can’t you see,

You are my everything?

So look in the dictionary,

And there is our picture.

Am I positive?

I am totally sure.


I Truly Do Love You-2002

I can’t show you how I feel,

Since we are so far apart.

I can only tell you my words,

But they come straight from y heart.

And although we hardly know each other,

The feeling is still there.

The words “I love you,”

Are what I love to hear.

I miss you,

When you aren’t near.

Yet… I totally love it,

When you are here.

Your eyes are like diamonds,

They are treasures within.

To look deep into them,

Should have a cost or be a sin.

Your hair is so soft,

With its magical little shine.

I am running out of things to say,

So I sorta’ blew off this line.

When you say,

No other girl will do,

That is when I know,

I truly do love you.


Popping the Question-2002

I cried a tear,

As you kissed my face.

When you said “I love you,”

My heart started to race.

The world stood still,

And it was just me and you.

I have planned out this moment,

Yet, I didn’t know what to do.

My hand started to shake,

As you pulled out the ring.

Then you gave a speech,

Of how I was your everything.

And now we kiss,

After our “I do’s.”

What the heck,

We had nothing to lose.

Every Time-2002

Every time I speak to him,

I see he doesn’t understand.

How much he means to me.

I have had this feeling,

For so long,

So why can’t he see?

I know he’s not,

Worth and of my time,

So why do I fall?

I can’t and I shouldn’t,

He is mean and pathetic,

Downright dirty and dull.

And I shouldn’t listen,

To what my sister says,

And just stay away.

But I find,

A reason not to,

Every day.

I don’t want,

To love him,

Or even care.

But to disobey,

Myself and my heart,

I wouldn’t dare.


Even Though… I Still Love You!-2002

In the shadows,

A raging fire burns.

You touch my hand,

And suddenly I have no concerns.

I step back,

Afraid of you love.

But your eyes look in my soul,

And together we fit like a glove.

My heart races on,

As if there is no end.

No horrid explanation,

No way for me to mend.

I understand,

You are not like him.

But I can’t see your heart,

I am only peeking over the rim.

And form a distance,

You seemed like the jealous kind.

So immediately,

My love resigned.

There is no misinterpretation,

Of exactly what I can do.

Because, even though I feel all this…

I still love you!


If’s, And’s and But’s-2002

If I cried myself to sleep,

Would that heal my pain?

If I fell in love,

What would I gain?

And why does time,

Go by so fast?

And why are we concerned,

With the future,

Not the past?

But why is love,

A onetime thing?

But why do you show your love,

With a little ring?

Even if I gathered,

All the if’s, and’s and but’s,

I believe the world,

Would still be nuts.


What Happened When You Left-2002

I am awake at midnight,

When I should be asleep.

But only because,

I begin to weep.

You did an awful thing,

By stealing my heart.

Yet, I still love you,

Even though were apart.

And as you walked away,

I heard the echo of your goodbye.

Without your love,

I thought I would die.

Although I still cried,

I knew I would be okay.

Because there will always be,

Another day.

And I will find,

Another man.

But because I want to,

Not because I can.

Not to get revenge,

Or just to take your place.

Love in reality,

Isn’t a race.


P-M-S-2002

By: Stephanie Seidel Too

Why is it all us,

The girls?

We should be treasures,

And showered with pearls.

Instead we have,

A dreadful curse.

One where we need,

To carry tampons in our purse.

Cramps invade our body,

And PMS should be a sin.

But there’s no way…

Us ladies can’t win.

We get cranky and mean,

So you better watch out.

But by the time my period is over,

You’ll know what it’s about.

I wish it would,

Just disappear.

But everywhere I go,

It is someplace near.

And for this reason,

I wish I were a guy.

But there are things we do better,

That’s no lie.


This Is To You-2002

Every time I see you,

I fall in love one more.

And I think of all the times,

I pushed you out of my heart and shut the door.

Why did I let you go,

Even with the way I felt inside.

And as you said goodbye,

I remembered the tears I have cried.

Every time you left,

I set he blame on you.

I don’t know why,

I do the things I do.

Deep down I pray,

You’ll come back to me.

And that way I can show you my love,

Just wait and see.

But seeing as how I left you,

And broke your heart before.

You might not come back,

And then you can shut the door.


7-Year-Old in Heaven-2002

I gazed into the night,

And starred at the sky.

As my life was being destroyed,
and I was about to die.

I always wished,

I had a pair of wings.

Mommy said I am an angel,

And I know that an angel sings.

I tried to reach,

And touch Heaven.

But I am too little,

I am only seven.

Daddy will miss me,

And mommy sure will cry.

But if I think hard,

I am excited to fly.

Brother won’t know what to say,

When I am gone.

But since he is only 5,

I hope he knows he did nothing wrong.

I am feeling weak,

And to move is kind of tough.

But to remember me,

Your love is enough.

When You Want to Go-2002

I don’t want to lose you,

But I guess I have no choice.

You don’t want me,

I can hear it in your voice.

You just push me away,

Without one thought in mind.

Where did we go wrong?

You were so kind.

I wish you were still here,

I wish I could make you stay.

Please open your eyes,

And see this my way.

Stealing My Heart-2002

He was old,

Too old for me.

So, my love for him,

I couldn’t let him see.

I pushed him away,

But again, he is here.

When I want him to go,

He is always near.

But now he is gone,

He has totally left.

Yet he stole my heart,

That stupid little theft.

Pretend-2002

When I look at you,

I fall for you.

When I fall for you,

I am not sure what to do.

You want me to say,

I don’t know who you are.

But is this what I wished for?

Is this from my lucky star?

Is this what you want?

Want me to do?

You want me to pretend?

Like I never loved you?


NO-2002

What is so hard

About the word no?

Do you not understand?

Should I say it slow?

Should I spell it out?

Or can you, all by yourself, get it straight?

Do you think fast?

Or do I have to wait?

There is no telling,

Just what no can do.

But it simply means,

I don’t want to do that with you.

Contagious-2002

Is love contagious?

Does it bite or sting?

Can you get it off or does it cling?

Is it painful and hurt really bad?

Is it something you wish you never had?

Do you take medicine to make it go away?

Or doesn’t it leave… it would rather stay?

Is love contagious?

I wouldn’t know.

I had it once and now it won’t go.

When I told it to leave… it held on tight.

Do I have to wait it out?

I just might.


Without-2002

I wouldn’t cry,

If I didn’t hurt.

There wouldn’t be any ground,

Without the dirt.

There wouldn’t be any sky,

Without the blue.

Just like my life,

Would be nothing without you.


Don’t Go, But Stay-2002

Please don’t leave me,

Say you’ll stay.

If anything,

Don’t go away.

Be by my side,

Even though the night.

And be there too,

In the morning light.

If we fall out of love,

Let me know.

Don’t turn to another girl,

Just let me go.

If I Can’t-2002

I love how I feel,

When we touch.

Maybe that’s why,

I miss you so much.

It’s been too long,

Are you drifting away?

When I see you again.

What will I say?

Do you still love me?

Do you still care?

I want to ask you,

But I don’t dare.

If I bring it up,

It might make the circumstances bad.

So, I can’t do that,

Because I’ll be more sad.

I get upset,

Then start to cry.

Feeling more and more,

Like I’ll die.

If I can’t have only you,

I don’t want anyone.

If I can’t have you,

Me and love are done.


Who Saved Me?-2002

There is no end,

So far in sight.

Maybe I should wake up,

And see the light.

I feel me struggle,

My stomach is tight.

Soon I will never tell,

The difference between day and night.

My mind is racing,

And my eyes begin to tear.

When I look down,

Silence is all I hear.

My conscience says,

“Don’t take this shot.”

I can feel me start to shake,

And my heart starts to knot.

My head becomes lighter,

And my face fills up with sweat.

Should I pull this trigger?

Or not just yet?

Footsteps come closer,

As the door opens wide.

You are standing there,

And I almost died.


Never Met-2002

She had never met him,

But she knew he was the one.

He was always there,

When she had nowhere to run.

She knew he was special,

In every single way.

She knew her love grew for him.

More and more every day.

Although, h e doubted,

What she said,

When he responded, “I love you,”

Her face turned bright red.

She hoped he understood,

She hoped e really knew,

That she loved him,

And there was nothing he could do.

No comments: