Saturday, August 28, 2010

2002 Poetry #6

You Are With Me-2002

I sit alone,

As I begin to think.

With your hat and shirt,

By my side,

My heart starts to sink.

I can’t get you,

Out of my head.

Your every word,

That was said.

Your kiss embraces me,

And holds me so tight.

That way I can cling to it,

When I am alone at night.

And that feeling that lingers on,

Could only be your touch.

One more thing,

That says I miss you so much.

A picture of you,

Hangs in my heart.

That way you and I,

Are never apart.

That look you gave me,

I remember the whole nights through.

That reminds me,

Of how much I love you!

This Just-In-2002

When I first saw you,

I turned my head because I was shy.

I knew I had to see you again,

But I didn’t know why.

So you showed up at my work,

The following day.

Yet, I still couldn’t find,

The perfect words to say.

Somehow we got together,

But it didn’t last that long.

I couldn’t figure out,

Exactly why you were gone.

You knew I loved you,

But I guess that didn’t matter.

When I think about “us,”

I just get sadder.

I’ve moved on,

I’m over you now.

I’ve learned to manage,

But I don’t know how.


What I Should Have Said-2002

I look your way,

Then turn my head.

And remember the words,

I should have said.

How can I tell you?

How can I let you know?

That I am sorry,

I should never have let you go.

When I think about,

All the times we have had,

I start to cry,

But not because I am sad.

What comes to mind,

Is never a blur.

I can only think of,

What we were.

I should have known,

How, without you,

I feel empty and alone.

I should say,

I still love you.

And everything I feel for you,

Is still true.

Without using words.

Can I still make you see,

That whatever happens,

I will need you here with me.

When I Try-2002

When I try,

To kiss you,

You step away.

When I try,

To say I love you,

You have nothing to say.

When I try,

To look in your eyes,

You close them tight.

When I try,

To get near you,

You push me away with all your might.

What is wrong?

Is it me,

Or you?

I can’t try,

To get through to you,

There’s nothing I can do.


When He Left Her-2002

Her eyes were heavy,

And filled with tears.

The sound of his voice,

Is all she hears.

His words pound,

In her head.

She would rather he was here,

But he’s gone instead.

He took her heart,

And just walked out the door.

No more “I love you’s.”

Not anymore.

Not one more look,

In his eye.

But then again,

Not one more lie.

No more kisses,

Or goodnights.

He won’t be there,

When the morning lights.

She touches the air,

And wishes he was there.

But if he acts that way,

She doesn’t care.


Drifting-2002

I want to see him,

But he fails to be anywhere near.

Why is he always somewhere else,

When I need him here?

I love him,

I hope he loves me too.

But to make that happen,

Is something I cannot do.

He says he loves me,

But I am not quite sure.

In fact, this relationship,

Is all blur.

What do I do?

Because I love him so.

I can’t let him get away,

I can’t let him go.

I feel that we,

Are drifting apart.

And I feel this way,

With all my heart.

I start to cry,

But I hold it back.

In this relationship,

What do we lack?


Call-2002

I can’t accept the fact,

That we are apart.

To tell you the truth,

It’s breaking my heart.

All I do,

Is wait for you to call.

All I do is wait,

But the phone doesn’t ring at all.

Every time it rings,

I hope it is you.

Then it’s not,

And I don’t know what to do.

I wait all day,

Just to hear your voice.

That’s how I spend my day,

That’s by choice.

There’s something I have to tell you,

I promise it’s not bad.

Something that should,

Make us both glad.

I got my mom to accept you,

I think it’s alright.

I talked it over with her,

Long into the night.

Please just call me,

And let me explain.

When I don’t hear from you,

All my heart does is pain.


What I Did-2002

There no innocent way,

To say I was wrong.

There’s no excuses to be made,

Why I am gone.

There’s no way to cover up,

What I did.

There’s no underestimating,

I was still a kid.

17 is not,

All that old.

Right now I feel,

All numb and cold.

I feel pain,

The kind I never felt before.

I don’t want you to see me,

That’s why they shut the caskets door.

But I know you are crying,

I can know this is hard,

And you can’t find something to say.

I always wondered,

How one beer tasted.

I never thought I’d like it,

I never thought I’d get wasted.

I never expected,

That kind of effect.

That’s my car,

The one that is wrecked.

I am still half conscious,

As they pull me form the car.

I can hear a child cry,

She’s not too far.

In fact,

I think I killed her.

I know my wrong,

I wish this wasn’t what it was.

I am going into the ground now,

Know I am sorry for my wrong.

And tell the little girl’s mom,

Her child is gone.

Today’s Life-2002

In school,

We are harassed.

We are treated bad,

As we are passed.

In marriage,

We are abused.

And guys,

Are the ones that are accused.

We are called hoes,

And a “B.”

This horrible and against the law,

But it’s reality.

Women haters and pimps,

Are more normal today.

And girls want to be in love,

But not this way.

They say it’s how we dress,

But there’s no justification to what they do.

Being an individual is okay,

As long as it doesn’t hurt you.

Music backs up beating women,

Movies she how it’s done.

But when it comes to reality,

We can’t shut it off and run.

People say,

It’s just freedom of speech.

But how can you say that,

When it’s what you teach?

Schenck vs. the United States,

Changed amendment #1.

Which prevents false information,

To come off your tongue.

And you say,

Your words don’t hurt.

So is that why we can’t,

Be seen in a miniskirt?

Because guys like you,

Harass girls like me.

And finally the world,

Can open their eyes and see.

See that one word,

Takes away our dignity and pride.

Which makes it hard,

For our emotions to hide.


Not the Obvious-2002

She kissed his cheek,

It was numbing cold,

Like the winter now.

She couldn’t bring herself,

To turn and go.

He wouldn’t want,

Her to stand and mourn,

As he is lying asleep.

She looked at the ring on her hand,

He gave her his class ring to keep.

She wondered why,

He never showed,

The night he was to come.

She felt a chill,

And her body went numb.

“He love me,

Not because he had to,

But because he wanted to,”

She yelled then said,

“And I love you.”

Three special words,

She can’t remember,

Them last said.

She walked away,

From her boyfriend dead.


Their Questions-2002

I couldn’t stand,

How they nagged,

About things they couldn’t,

Even understand.

When they threw,

Questions at me,

I felt like I was falling,

And would never land.

Question after question,

They’re all the same,

No answer for them,

The question will still remain,

Who cares?

They shouldn’t.

What knowledge from this,

Do they gain?

“Why are you with him?

What do you say?”

This one answer,

Is all I can do.

They want to know,

I’ll give it to them,

Simple…

“I love you.”


Pain-2002

This pain,

It cannot be.

I’m dying inside,

Why can’t anybody see?

It hurts really bad,

This cannot be right.

It hurts all the time,

Both morning and night.

It doesn’t go away,

It doesn’t disappear.

I can’t hide from it,

It’s just always here.

It attacks without you knowing,

And doesn’t go away.

It fools the human eye,

And I font know what to say.

I look okay,

On the outside.

But on the in,

Is where this will hide.

I’ll let it take its course,

I hope and pray it’s done soon.

I wish upon the stars,

That hang with the blue moon.

Eleventh Street-2002

A mother tucked,

Her daughter,

Into bed.

The mother listened,

To the prayer,

That her daughter said.

“I pray dear God,

For Mommy,

Because she is so brave.

She should get an award,

For all the love,

She gave.

I pray dear God,

For Daddy,

That he comes home tonight…”

As her daughter,

Continued her prayers,

She turned off the light.

The phone rang,

And she answered softly,

To no disturb the little head that lay.

The phone dropped,

To the floor,

Because she hated what he had to say,

The little girl was awaken,

By the awful thump,

In the kitchen.

She ran to her mommy,

Who cried and took her,

To her Grandma in the den.

“Stay here,

Dear child,

I must go away.

I’ll be back soon,

And will have,

Something to say.”

She went to the hospital,

And asked,

Where to go.

Why was she there?

She really,

Extremely had to know.

They had to be incorrect,

No way could this be right,

It was wrong.

There was no way,

He husband,

Had gone.

“Excuse me,

Pardon,

If I may.

But you must follow me,

Come,

Right this way.”

Down a long hallway,

To the right,

An open door.

She began to cry,

Like she had,

Before.

“Is this your husband,

I need to know,

So please answer now.”

She said,

“That is him,

But I don’t know how.”

He replied,

“Well, he died in the fire,

On 11th street tonight.”

“Oh, thank you,

I’ll be leaving now,

If that’s alright.”

She went home,

And set her daughter,

On the bd.

Then she told her,

Those awful words,

The medic said.

That was it,

Their husband and daddy,

Were more than gone.

In the background,

Played “Hero,”

The husband and wife’s song.



Best-2002

She was always there,

When I needed a hand.

Sometimes each other,

We couldn’t stand.

We argued so much,

For meaningless reasons.

But she stayed by my side,

Through all the reasons.

She was more than the best,

And a whole lot more.

She’s like the sweet apple,

I’m more like the core.

So to her,

My love is what I send.

But why?

Because she is my…

BEST FRIEND!


Without You-2002

I love you,

What more can I say?

Not a moment goes by,

I think of you in a day.

A tear rolls down my cheek,

Because I miss you so.

I can’t live without you,

Is all I want you to know.


Don’t Take It Seriously-2002

She cried one day,

But promised to never to it again.

She thought for sure,

It was a sin.

She was upset,

There was no doubt.

She couldn’t smile,

She’d only pout.

Not even that,

It was a silent cry.

More or less,

She wanted to die.

She held her breath,

And held it tight.

She gripped her throat,

With all her might.

She let go,

And never saw the break of day.

She could have chose God’s path,

But she went her own way.

And that was it,

The crying ended.

If this ever happens,

Don’t be offended.

What Will Happen-2002

Cry with a voice so deep,

Yell with a tone so loud.

When you face the judge,

Don’t be proud.

Don’t hold your head high,

For what you did was wrong.

The U.S. waited for justice,

More than too long.

Don’t say it was an accident,

And you’ll never do it again.

Because we’ll throw you in jail,

For what you did was a sin.

The charge is for more than murder,

This case is bigger than that.

Let’s see what punishment,

Uncle Sam has under his hat.

Maybe jail,

More likely death too.

It shouldn’t matter,

The U.S. already hates you.

So there’s no getting out,

No running away.

You must tell the truth,

All though we remember the day.

You’ll sit on that stand,

And the jury won’t bear to look.

We have bigger problems,

This isn’t just a crook.

This is Bin Laden,

And his fleet of men.

To get rid of you,

It only takes a swipe of a pen.

The box will be checked,

Death is your sentence.

You go numb,

The feeling is intense.

Yeah, the fight is over,

U.S. has won.

Finally,

This tragedy is over and done.

Freedom and justice,

What a win.

Ten points for U.S.,

They win again.


Life of Jesus Christ-2002

God and His favorite angel,

Split apart into two.

Because Lucifer,

Didn’t like what he had to do.

This angel was perfect,

And yet he just fell.

That’s just the beginning,

Of Heaven and Hell.

Then God created man,

Who looked lonely and blue.

So from the man’s ribs,

He made a woman too.

Gold told Adam and Eve,

“Don’t eat off the tree of Knowledge,

Because between you and God,

It will put a wedge.”

But Satan came,

As a sneaky snake.

And told Eve top eat the fruit,

But from the tree she must take.

She bit an apple,

So juicy and ripe.

This kind of food,

Was just her type.

Eve ran to Adam,

With apple in her hand,

As he laid there,

On God’s promise land.

After Adam’s bite,

God looked down so sad.

They have disobeyed Him,

There’s no way e could be glad.

Then Adam and Eve noticed,

They were naked and bare.

So they found some leaves,

So you couldn’t see what they had there.

Then God gave Mary,

A son so sweet.

That no one else,

Could ever beat.

But Jesus then died on the cross,

And in three days- rose from the grave.

Sin from our hearts,

Is what he came to save.

People bear Him,

As He carried His cross to Calvary.

This was the worst sight,

A human being would ever see…

He yelled, “God forgive them,

For they know not what they do.”

This is how He showed His love,

For me and for you.



Boces Computer Careers-2002

I thought this class

Would be bad.

But now that I am here,

I am kind of glad.

I actually like,

What we do

Its easy and fun,

The whole day through.

Some interesting people,

Are here to meet.

Some walk right by,

Some stop to greet.

There is this girl,

Who loves to sing.

You wouldn’t know it,

But her voice can ring.

Her buddy sits,

To the left of me.

She is talkative,

Just look at her… and you’ll see.

There is this boy,

That cheats on all he does.

I guess he knows he can,

So he does it just because.

Every once in awhile,

A new student arrives here.

They can’t get caught up though,

They are nowhere near.

There is one blonde,

Who is hardly here.

But when she is,

She is such a dear.

Her friend to the right,

Is a flake.

She isn’t a friend,

You’d like to make.

Then in the distance from the girl in the back,

You hear a whisper.

The chit chat you hear,

Is probably her friend and her.

There are about four girls,

You never hear.

Maybe they don’t talk,

Because it’s their fear.

I know this girl that sits to the right of a boy,

And she is always there.

She’ll be your friend no matter what,

She doesn’t care.

The boy next to her,

Is nicer than you’d say.

He’s even nice,

When he has a bad day.

Then there is this girl,

Who does her work and that is all.

She is actually fun,

She’s not dull.

The person behind her,

That is my teacher.

She always has planned,

The daily feature.

I guess that leaves,

By best friend and I.

We have a lot more to say,

Than only hi.

We may get behind,

In what we do,

But that should be,

No concern to you.

We may annoy you,

When the day is through.

But nevertheless,

We put a smile on you.

So welcome to Computer Careers,

I hope your stay is good.

You can’t stay,

Although you’ll wish you could.

Goodbye for now,

But not for long.

Now that you know us,

Don’t get our names wrong.


When I look at You-2002

I look at you,

As you look at me.

And oddly enough,

I can’t explain what I see.

Last night I came across,

Old memories of you and I.

Let me say… I missed you,

I won’t lie.

I couldn’t stand to see these pictures,

Knowing you were gone.

Then I got to thinking,

Maybe my choice was wrong.

I know it’s not something,

I can simply undo.

Maybe there is no way,

For me to get back to you.

I try not to say that,

I try not to think that at all.

I told you how I felt,

So I keep waiting for you to call.

I know that phone won’t ring,

I know you won’t call.

I know you don’t want to be friends,

Never at all.

Of course I have,

These memories of you.

And more than two months later,

I still don’t know what to do.

When I look at you,

I don’t know what to say.

I hope we will be friends,

Again someday.

I don’t know how to act,

When I am around you.

I get the feeling,

You don’t too.

I look at all the boxes,

I have under my bed.

And I think of what,

Each person had said.

I come to yours,

And I can’t think of one word.

Maybe when you didn’t speak,

That was the best thing I heard.

You told me you loved me,

And I saw it in your eyes.

Therefore,

I knew it wasn’t lies.

So in this box,

Bigger than the rest,

Have so many memories,

That are endless.

4-5 years,

All crammed in.

Leave it to me,

To ruin it with a sin.

The memories get bigger,

As I go along.

Ending with prom,

And beginning with our song.

Ticket stubs,

Pictures and a shirt.

Now I know how much,

You did hurt.

Jewelry and letters,

They just don’t stop.

There is no bottom,

Just a reoccurring top.

It seems when I think,

“okay, it is done.”

More memories come back,

To add to all the fun.

When someone mentions,

Your name,

I can’t spit out something to say,

But I feel the same.

Now here I am,

A row away from you.

And I don’t know,

What to do.

So I look at you,

As you look at me.

And oddly enough,

All the memories are what I see.


Sister-2002

Growing up together,

She knows me inside-out.

Always being there,

Is what she’s all about.

More than a friend,

Less than a mother.

I’m glad I got her,

There could be no other.

She comforts me when I’m scared,

And holds my hand in the dark.

She taught me how to drive,

But I still can’t parallel park.

She hands down her clothes,

And she does my hair.

She wipes away my tears,

And says we’re the perfect pair.

She’s all I got,

And I’ll never leave her.

She is the best wrapped into one,

She is my sister.


He Was Gone-2002

Her head was spinning,

Her feet were weak.

She was stunned,

And couldn’t speak.

She walked his way,

She yelled his named.

She wanted to cry,

But that’d be lame.

She wiped her face,

She stood her ground.

This was the perfect man,

She had found.

She blushed,

She said hi.

She fell in love,

But didn’t know why.

She starred,

She held strong.

When in a few minutes,

He was gone.


After All-2002

You laugh at me,

While I sit and pout.

But you seriously,

Don’t know what it’s about.

You don’t understand,

You just don’t see.

What has happened,

Between him and me.

My heart was smashed,

Just broken in two.

And now… without him,

I don’t know what to do.

When I see him,

Do I walk away?

Or should I say “hello”?

And like everything is still okay?

I feel completely stressed,

And totally confused.

Not to mention the least,

I feel awfully used.

He ripped out my heart,

And stomped it into the ground.

While I was right there,

When I was still around.

He never explained,

He just let me go.

He asked if it was fair,

I said “hell no.”

Then I asked,

“Fair for what?”

His reply,

Was like a punch in the gut.

He said he didn’t,

Want a girlfriend at all.

But I knew,

That was only his way to stall.

He said he still loved me,

With all my heart.

He said his feelings,

Just hadn’t grown from the start.

He threw in a chuckle,

And began to see,

The problem wasn’t him,

It was all me.

Then he used,

That wonderful phrase.

I refused to listen,

I was in a daze.

I held in my anger,

Really tight,

As his words,

Shut off the light.

To him it was all a joke,

But it wasn’t to me.

To me,

It was reality.

He touched my shoulder,

Then lifted my chin.

I just pulled away,

As I saw his grin.

I stood up,

Very tall.

Then pushed him,

Against the wall.

I told him,

Exactly how I felt.

How he used to,

Make my heart melt.

How my love for him,

Was nothing more than true.

Then I said,

“I’d never do this to you.”

He got scared,

I could tell.

He should have been,

All I did was yell.

But he needed to hear,

What I had to say.

He couldn’t over look this,

He couldn’t walk away.

After I figured,

I was through…

I realized one thing,

I fell again for you.


By the Way-2002

I yelled,

I screamed,

I did all I could do.

All it did was,

Make me mad at you.

I sent the email,

With my words so mean,

Harsh and rude.

All it did was,

Get us into another feud.

We held it on,

For a day and a half.

More close to two.

Then I finally got the nerve,

To apologize to you.

I took my chances,

IMed you,

And said it all.

My computer froze,

So I gave you a call.

I got the answering machine,

And said a little more,

Of what I had to say.

Now I am done,

I am sorry by the way.


Make a Choice-2002

I tried not to look at you,

I didn’t want to show the tears,

That ran from my eyes.

I couldn’t bear,

That cried,

From all your pathetic lies.

I couldn’t understand,

Why I felt so bad,

When really it was your fault.

I never broke up with you,

You’re the one,

That brought our relationship to a halt.

I never said I wanted that,

I never gave that choice,

For you to choose.

Did you really love me?

Or was I,

Just another girl for you to use?

If you end this,

Don’t come back,

Ever again for another chance.

I won’t tango with you,

We won’t ever dance.

So make up your mind,

Make the choice right,

And do it now.

But if you choose wrong,

And say you still love me,

I won’t believe how.


Promise Gone-2002

They couldn’t stand,

To be apart.

Accept the problem is,

They have been from the start.

He promised one thing for sure,

That they’d be together.

Not just for a day,

But forever.

She couldn’t tell,

That he had lied.

She should have known,

With all the tears she cried.

She couldn’t break his heart,

She just couldn’t.

She thought he’d break hers,

But she was hoping he wouldn’t.

Then the call came,

Proving her wrong.

Truth be told,

He was far more than gone.

So she lay on her floor,

Crying out her eyes.

Possibly everything he said,

Could all be nothing more than lies.

This hurt her even more,

And she couldn’t take it all.

The phone rang again,

So she ripped it out of the wall.

She yells at the phone,

Hoping he hears.

She mumbled everything,

Through her sobbing and tears.

She took her car,

And began to go to him.

But she couldn’t see,

Her headlights were dim.

She never saw,

That truck in front of her car.

So she died,

And his house wasn’t that far.

Love can kill,

Fact be known.

If you break a promise with someone,

Don’t leave them alone.


Goodbye-2002

Goodbye.

The word is so lonely.

So dejected and unmindful.

Why would it be used?

Unless,

There is one good reason.

No reason unparticular.

What can I say?

Goodbye.

I never wanted our relationship,

To come to this and deteriorate.

And now that it has,

I feel like you have slipped.

Slipped through my fingers

And all I could do is let go.

Goodbye.

Hoping to death it want me last word.

Wishing I could hold on.

Praying you understand.

Crying this isn’t it.

I am not done.

The word means so little,

But hurts so much.

Goodbye.

No comments: