Saturday, August 28, 2010

2004 Poetry #1

A Girl or a Boy- 2004

To: My unborn baby

A little child,

A gift from God above,

Gave me a tiny baby,

That I could love.

A miracle,

A surprise,

A star to shimmer,

In my eyes.

Small little hands,

And small little feet,

Crying and cooing,

All too neat.

A boy or a girl,

What will it be?

I really don’t care,

It doesn’t matter to me.

A tiny heart,

To go beat, beat, beat.

A cute little infant,

So innocent and sweet.

A life that’ll live,

And give me joy.

This precious child,

A girl or a boy.


Time, Dreams, and Love- 2004

To: My unborn baby

Time…

The only thing we are waiting for.

Time…

The only thing that will give them so much more.

Dreams…

Making theirs come true.

Dreams…

It all starts with you.

Love…

They have more than I can give.

Love…

A better life for you to live.


Love You- 2004

To: My unborn baby

I have a good reason,

To say goodbye.

I didn’t mean to hurt you,

Or make you cry.

It’s just something important,

Please understand.

Things were crazy,

This was the choice at hand.

It’s nothing bad,

Just something I had to do…

Don’t view it as horrible,

There’s a lot of people who love you.


In The End- 2004

In the end,

I learned so much from you.

Many of which,

Things I didn’t really want to.

I was torn apart,

And I cried today…

Over those devastating words

You had to say.

It didn’t make me feel any better,

The pain is still there.

But whether you realize it or not,

I don’t think you care.

But I am going to be strong,

And hold my head high.

Because in the end,

I also made you cry.


Class of 2004- 2004

The time has come,

For us to leave…

With our diploma in hand,

We shall receive.

4 years of high school,

Now we say goodbye.

There is no easy departing,

All that’s left is to cry.

My fellow classmates,

It’s been my pleasure to be with you.

These past years,

Have been great too.

My life is fulfilled,

Now that you all are my friends…

But time takes its tolls,

And this is where it ends.

Goodbye seniors,

Class of 2004.

The time has come

To walk out that door.


Camps- 2004

A handsome little boy,

Only 6 or so,

Left on his own,

With nowhere to go.

His parents taken.

He says by awful men.

He doesn’t understand,

But he sees the reenactment over and over again.

He hid where they couldn’t see,

So he wasn’t caught.

But his poor parents….

He remembers how they fought.

He didn’t understand,

Why the Germans hated the Jews.

Now that he is 20,

He has seen it on the news.

He knows his parents died,

At those camps that day.

He still feels sorry

That ran and got away.


In My Heart- 2004

I know you’ll do your best,

That is why I chose you.

This baby needs love and guidance,

I know that is what you’ll do.

Because we are so close,

I am not afraid.

So in your hands,

This little life is what I have laid.

I love you two with all my heart,

And I know this baby will do the same.

Through all that is yet to come,

In my heart… you two will always remain.


That is Why- 2004

In my time of need,

You’ve seen me through.

That is why,

I worship You.

When I cry or need a friend,

You held my hand.

That is why,

In awe of You I stand.

When I was alone,

You listened to what I had to say.

That is why,

I praise You today.

Even when I was mad,

You stuck near.

God… that is why,

I spread your word to everyone here.


Multicolored Skies- 2004

In the pink,

I thought I saw an angel’s face.

In the white,

I thought I saw diamonds and lace.

The color green,

Brought a smell of pine.

The color black,

Was a sinner on his knees.

The midst of blue,

Was a baby’s eyes.

And I saw all this

In the multicolored skies.


You-2004

I saw you there,

Holding hands and kissing.

While I stood watching,

At what I was missing.

I saw you brush away,

The hair from her face.

That’s when it got intense,

And my heart started to race.

Your arm was around her,

And you whispered in her ear.

That’s when I got scared,

And overcome with fear.

Who was the girl?

I couldn’t see.

Then I realized,

I was just picturing you with me.


Please Do Not Forget-2004

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

In a time,

When things go wrong…

Please do not forget,

I’ll be there to help you along.

When you are sad,

Or when you are just blue…

Please do not forget,

Your daughter loves you.

When life throws struggles,

And you get scared…

Please do not forget,

Why you and I were paired.

When you are down,

And crying is all you can do…

Please do not forget,

I will never leave you.


Dear-2004

Dear heat,

Why did you fall?

I thought you wouldn’t,

Guess I don’t know you at all.

Dear heart,

Why did you break?

He never loved you,

It was all fake.

Dear eyes,

Why didn’t you see?

You overlooked the fact,

He didn’t appreciate me.

Dear arms,

Why didn’t you push him away?

Why did you cling to him,

Every day?


Questions-2004

Have you ever climbed a mountain,

And made it to the very top?

Has anyone said you’d never make it,

But that never made you stop?

Did you ever touch the stars,

To catch a hold of your dreams?

Is your life completely perfect,

Or only in your eyes it seems?

Did you ever dare to dream,

Or was that not your style?

Now when you look at your life,

Do all you do is smile?

Have you reached the limit,

To your heart’s content?

Are you finished living,

Have you gone to the extent?

Are you satisfied in all you’ve done,

Or is there more to do?

Are you proud of yourself,

Like others are proud of you?

Are you happy,

Do you laugh inside?

Now that it’s the end,

Have you cried?

Leaving it all,

Now you can’t turn around.

Reach for the future,

Don’t keep your feet on the ground.

One last wave,

Say your goodbye.

Walk away from graduation,

With head held high.


Wishing- 2004

I wish I had the courage,

To look at you and say,

“You took my life from me,

I want it back today.”

I wish you understood,

This hurts me more than you.

Every now and then,

I wish there was something you’d do.

All this wishing,

Leads to broken dreams.

Because I am still forgetting,

Everything about you isn’t what it seems.


Would You Call Back?- 2004

I dialed your number,

As I repeated it in my mind.

All the words I wanted to say,

Still were hard to find.

Ringing twice,

Not one sentence I could make.

“Hello?”

There you were on the line.

Where were my words?

Fear had taken mine.

I hung up,

Hoping you wouldn’t know it was me.

Then I realized,

Your cell phone had caller ID.

Would you call back?

Or don’t you care?

Maybe I could call you again…

No, I don’t dare.

Ring…

Oh no! Could it be?

“Hello?”

Yes! You called back to talk to me.


343-7131- 2004

343-7131,

The numbers that pierce my mind.

343-7131,

With meanings I can’t find.

I have tried to let it go.

I have attempted to say goodbye.

But every time I turn- around,

It’s followed by “HI.”

343-7131,

Numbers I don’t want to hear.

343-7131,

Connects me to the person who I used to call “dear.”

It won’t seem to stop,

I can’t make it go away.

But it seems I can’t figure it out,

And I’m not sure I’ll ever know what to say.

343-7131,

That’s it… I’m calling you.

343-7131,

Hoping that it’s not the stupidest thing I’ll ever do.

I can’t say it,

Although I want to.

Why am I hesitating?

Only because… I love you.


Bellybutton- 2004

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

My eyes are a pretty blue…

I got them from my dad.

But they’re not my favorite feature,

Because they cry when I am sad.

My hair is light brown…

That is from him too.

But it’s not my favorite feature,

Because I decided to color it too.

My hair is really thick…

I got that from my mother,

But it’s not my favorite feature,

Because I would like any other.

By bellybutton is small…

I got my bellybutton from her too.

This is my favorite feature,

Because…

MOM, it connected me to you.


Like a Dream- 2004

To: Dad… Curt Vincent

I remember making pumpkins,

Into Bert and Ernie.

I remember watching thunder-storms,

When it was just you and me.

I remember being on your knee,

As you shot the armadillo.

I remember playing “spider,”

While lying on the pillow.

You used to work t valley News,

That I won’t forget at all.

That’s when you left,

As Mom’s heart began to fall.

Having you in my life,

Never would be what it’s seem.

You were here for a brief moment,

Which now is just- a dream.


Mother, Father and Best Friend- 2004

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

I just want to let you know,

Exactly how much you mean to me.

I want this to be clear as day,

So everyone can see.

Everything that I possess,

Is very fragile in every way.

And now I want to show you,

How I feel every day.

You are my best friend,

And more than a mother you are.

I miss you with all my heart,

Whether you are near or far.

You are my father,

Which is a hard role for a woman to play.

But you have done so well,

I give you thanks every day.

And though I am growing up,

My love for you will never change at all.

Because I know you’ll be here,

Just-in-case I fall.

So thank you my mother,

Father and best friend.

I am so glad you are here to hold my hand,

Until the very end.


Dedicated- 2004

So many memories,

Too many to recall.

So many to list,

I can’t get to them all.

First off,

This one is clear.

It will always be “WWF,”

To this girl here.

Hugging in the hallway,

Or where ever we may be…

“Okay, let go… let go,”

Jack, you just have to let go of me!

Popping in at BOCES,

“Oh geez, here he comes again.”

For some reason,

Mr. Stevens always let you in.

By the way,

“Here is my trash…”

And I was wondering—

“Do you have any cash?”

And just for things,

To be squared away,

A couple more things,

I must say.

In high school,

We didn’t really have “a thing,”

But Jack—

“I STILL WANT MY RING!”

And last but not least,

The dance we shared.

“Take my Breath Away,”

Showed you cared.

The 2004 year was a blast,

For you and me.

As my mom put it—

“It’s dedicated to Jack and Ashley.”


Prince Charming- 2004

At last I found prince charming,

He who stole my heart.

But for years we have done nothing,

Accept been apart.

My stupidity and ignorance,

Brought us to our end.

Now I can’t eve tell,

If he is even my friend.

If only my prince charming knew,

How I felt today,

Then he would take me back,

Or so I pray.

If I could find the right words,

Then all I’d have to do,

Is turn to my prince charming,

And say: “I love you!”


When I- 2004

It came upon,

A sky so blue…

The day when I,

Fell in love with you.

The wind blew cold,

As you held me tight…

The day when I,

Found my “Mr. Right.”

Clouds rolled in,

To reveal the night…

But by that time,

You were out of sight.

The morning came,

Upon natures call…

Then I realized,

You were a dream

And that’s all.


So Smile- 2004

Don’t you cry for me,

For I am in a better place.

Please do not be sad,

Don’t let any tears roll down your face.

Don’t grieve for me,

For my pain is no more.

God has taken me,

And opened a brighter door.

Don’t come to my grave,

Weeping every day.

Stay home with the memories,

And remember me that way.

Don’t forget,

I loved all of you.

But God has plans,

I now have to tend to.

So smile,

And hold your head high…

Because I promise,

This is not goodbye.


Unreturned Love- 2004

He loved her smile,

And the curve of her face.

The slight touch of her hand,

Could make his heart race.

Her green eyes would sparkle,

Her rosy cheeks would shine.

To be in her presence,

Would make everything fine.

But she love him not,

And the days grew cold.

All he’d do is cry,

As the heartbreak would unfold.

He never saw her again,

He never heard her name.

Since he was laid in the ground,

Nothing has been the same.


God- 2004

God,

Can you hear me?

Mom says if I pray, you can.

But I don’t get it—

I don’t fully understand.

God,

Can you see me?

Mom says I’m never alone, you’re always there.

Is that true for everyone?

How can you be everywhere?

God,

Did you die for me?

Mom says you did, and the Bible does too.

If that is the case—

Then well? “Thank You.”


My Little Boy- 2004

I have thought about it,

Inside and out.

And in my mind,

I find no doubt.

I thought about you,

And the situation I put you in.

What it is like… I’m not sure,

Because it’s somewhere I’ve never been.

I am sure you’ll be okay.

I am sure you’ll have all you need.

And if by chance you want to know me,

I will be right there indeed.

Just remember,

Your Mommy and Daddy,

Do love you.

And though I can’t say it as often—

I love you too.


Your Words Went Through- 2004

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

I remember my life mom…

The way it was before.

The way I acted towards you,

And walked out the door.

I remember what life I wanted,

And what I left behind.

It all seemed sensible at the moment,

But now there is no reason I can find.

I remember my decisions mom…

And what I wanted to do.

So I chose the wrong path,

And walked away from you.

I wanted to party,

Drink… and get high.

It didn’t even faze me,

I could be the one to die.

I remember having fun mom…

It was all a blast to me.

But now I know it was the wrong decision,

And I really hope you forgive me.

I watched that reenactment,

And all I did was cry.

What would you have done?

What if I did die?

But I have learned now mom…

Not to follow the crowd.

I really do love you mumther,

And I want to make you proud.

So I am back to myself now,

No more of those senseless acts.

I love you and my Jesus,

And those are the facts.

I remember it all mom…

Like it all happened yesterday.

And I always wonder,

Why did I go that way?

If only I had listened to you, mom,

If only your words went through…

Then maybe I wouldn’t have been stupid mom,

And maybe I wouldn’t have almost lost you.


It’s a Jungle- 2004

Soft yellow paint,

Is all that I see.

Surrounded with baby animals,

To spice up the scenery.

Giraffes that talk,

Monkeys swing from a palm tree.

A quiet room,

That loudly calls for company.

Mysterious creatures,

In every corner and nook.

Add a little baby boy,

It’s like the jungle book.

If you look carefully,

I am sure you can see…

That colorful and tiny parrot,

Sitting in that tree.

A tiny crib,

With lots of animals… OH MY!

They all will stay by baby’s side,

That way he won’t cry.

A birdfeeder in the window,

To add a softer side.

It doesn’t take away attention,

Although it has tried.

Closing the door now,

But anyone can enter- if they dare.

We must warn you…

“It’s a jungle in there.”


Yesterday-2004

Take this kiss…

A token of my gratefulness.

Remember my love for you…

Nothing more, nothing less.

Take this heart…

A token of our connection.

Take all I have…

All that is calling your name.

All the love inside…

No one else could feel the same.

Remember the tears…

Remember like it was yesterday,

When we were in love

For so many years.

Things Remembered-2004

To: Dad… Curt Vincent

Why can’t I come to terms with,

The fact that you said goodbye?

Why can’t I deal with,

The fact that you made my mommy cry?

How can I say “I love you,”

When I don’t really know you?

How can I say, “I miss you,”

When you haven’t been here for me?

How can I call you “dad,”

When that role wasn’t played?

How can I keep memories,

When they all seem to fade?

Because I am Christian,

I can forgive you.

But, because I am human,

I cannot forget too.


The Day- 2004

I know the day is approaching…

The day we will say goodbye.

But don’t worry my son…

There is no reason to cry.

I have provided a better life…

Which doesn’t include me.

I did it out of love and respect…

I hope you can see.

Another time is coming…

Some years down the line.

Where we tell you the truth…

Of you actually being mine.

I hope you want a relationship…

And understand it all.

When you find out…

I hope that you stand tall.

So son, have a good life…

And make me proud of you.

Because there are many people…

Who really love you.


Ethan- 2004

7lbs 15 oz—

Our little bundle of joy.

Born on July 26, 2004,

Was our beautiful baby boy.

A button nose,

A hair so black.

Outstanding features,

There is nothing he lacks.

His mother’s lips,

And father’s chin…

What a lovely sight—

I can’t wait to look at him again.

He’s loved so much.

Ethan- I love you.

Chad, Christina,

And nana Deb do too.


Only Time- 2004

Time.

I just wanted some time.

Not a kiss,

Not a rose,

Only time.

I wasn’t asking much.

Not too much I thought.

No demands,

No pearls,

Only time.

I just

Wanted some

TIME!

Time enough

To make you

MINE!


“Yeah…”- 2004

To: Mom… Debra Vincent

Not too old,

Not too young.

A beauty handmade—

“Yeah, that’s my mom!”

Not too mean,

Not too nice.

A sense of humor—

“Yeah, that’s my mom!”

A father,

A friend.

A loving mother—

“Yeah, that’s my mom!”


Everywhere- 2004

I closed my eyes,

Then opened again.

Hoping,

Thinking,

Praying.

What else could I do?

Everywhere I looked—

There

I

Saw

Was

Y-O-U!


My Prince- 2004

Too many times have I fallen in love

With no love.

All the time I pray for my angel

To be sent from above.

Princes’…

Fairytales and such.

All a little girls dream,

But that’s too much.

Where is my prince on a white horse?

Where is my castle far away?

How do I get it all?

What do I have to say?

Kissing a toad,

I’ve done that too.

Still… I have no prince

To tell me “I love you.”

Cinderella,

And Snow White.

I am neither…

But why can’t I win the fight?

Falling in love with love,

Is something I long to do.

So hurry up and find me my prince…

And let me love you.


Pro-Life- 2004

I’ve been asked to do something,

I never thought I’d be asked.

Someone had the courage to

At last.

He said “have an abortion,

That’s all you have to do.”

Let me tell you,

What I told him too.

“This is a child,

A product of you and me.

A little beating heart…

Why can’t you see?

A child who deserves so much more,

Than just to die.

And you have the nerve to ask that of me?”

At that point all I could do was cry.

He as silent,

Then asked again.

I said, “NO!

I will not commit that sin.”

I left it at that,

And walked away.

Because of my decision,

Ethan lives today.


A Tie-2004

There you stood-

All nice and tall…

Ignoring me,

Like you didn’t recognize me at all.

I said hello-

Attempting to be polite…

Hoping deep inside,

We wouldn’t start a fight.

You smiled slightly-

But still had no clue…

It was pitiful acting,

Like I hadn’t dated you.

You couldn’t beat around it-

We still had a tie…

A breathing human being,

How could you lie?

A beautiful little boy-

My 9 months are done…

I still can’t believe,

You deny your first son.


God (please) - 2004

Every night when I close my eyes,

I pray those words I hold inside.

I pray them to God,

Because in Him I confide.

God (please),

Watch over our son.

Watch him sleep,

Watch him have fun.

God (please),

Take care of Ethan as he grows.

Tell him we love him,

Just so he knows.

God (please),

Make sure he is always okay.

Show him the right path,

So he won’t go astray.

And God (please),

Do all that you can…

Help Chad and Christina,

Make out baby Ethan into a good man.


ETR- 2004

E- Every time I hold you

T- Time goes so slow.

H- Having you in my life… I’ll never let you go.

A- Always loving you—

N- Never leaving your side.

T- Trust in me… you’ll have nothing to hide.

H- Having a life of your own—

O- OH! What a joy.

M- My sweet little angel… what a good boy.

A- A blessing you are

S- Sent from above.

R- Remember—

Ashley,

Nana Deb,

Mommy,

And Daddy…

ALL GIVE YOU LOVE.


Baby- 2004

“BABY HAS ARRIVED!”

What a joyful day.

He’s so beautiful,

Words can’t even say.

Days pass by,

Weeks go too.

This little baby,

Keeps growing on you.

Looky now,

Baby is a month old.

Stand back,

His life’s going to unfold.

What God has in store,

No one knows.

We’ll just watch,

As he grows.

“BABY IS ON THE WAY!”

There’s going to be a brother.

A playmate,

For the other.


Memories- 2004

To: Dad… Curt Vincent

1-step, 2-step,

3-step, 4…

Daddy didn’t just miss that,

He missed much more.

Smiling, crying,

And giggling too.

Daddy missed me

Saying, “I love you.”

Kindergarten and first grade,

Now I graduate twelfth too.

He missed all I did,

And all I am going to do.

I search high and low,

But only one memory comes to mind.

It’s when daddy was still here.

It’s the only one I could find.

Sitting with daddy,

Was the only place for me to hide.

Thunderstorms now,

Take my breath away.

As I think back,

To the memory of that day.

Though he didn’t miss that moment,

He’s missed so many that have passed.

Maybe he won’t miss another,

And I’ll have a new memory at last.


Does He Ever Cry? - 2004

He face is dry,

Like the deserts air.

She would cry,

But she doesn’t dare.

He’s hit her before,

And made her cry.

But he laughed,

As she thought she was going to die.

From then on,

No tear has fallen from her eyes.

She holds it in no matter how bad

He hits, laughs or lies.

When she left him,

And she said goodbye…

She wondered one thing…

Does he ever cry?


Maybe It Was Months Ago- 2004

Maybe it was when

He said goodbye

That the memory of us

Just died.

Or maybe the memory was so far gone

Yesterday—

Or months ago.

When did we forget our wedding,

Our anniversaries,

And our kids?

When did the hurtful words,

Tensions in the air,

And dirty looks really all begin?

Maybe it was when

He said goodbye—

Or maybe it was months ago.


Overpowering- 2004

I was so broken

Laying on the ground.

It wasn’t the first time

I had hit the floor.

He was just too powerful—

And I was always too weak.

I was so hurt,

So destroyed,

And so understated.

I couldn’t believe

All the pain

He had caused—

Was so overpowering

That it even manipulated my mind.


There Was- 2004

There was a day…

When I thought you really loved me.

But I guess that was hard

For you to even see.

There was a time…

I thought you never say goodbye.

But I guess that was wrong

The day you made me cry.

There was a date…

I thought I was in love with you.

But I guess I was really wrong,

Because love is something you cannot do.


What it’s Like- 2004

I was lost.

He saved me.

I was the fish he caught.

The one he could be proud of to show mom and dad.

He was so happy.

So ecstatic just because I was the fish.

When we met,

He was like a kid in a candy store.

His eyes lit up,

And he couldn’t speak.

I was the candy that he longed for.

The one piece of chocolate his mom said he couldn’t have.

I loved being the thing he loved.

I loved making him happy.

I liked when his eyes lit up when I around.

It felt good to be “the catch of the day.”

I fell in love with him then,

And I still love him now.


Finally Home- 2004

We laid her to rest today…

Near the pines.

She liked those trees.

She said “they spruced it all up.”

I remember going with her—

To visit grandpa.

She was always so calm,

So… collected.

Yet a tear always formed in her duct.

But today—

OH… today it was gloomy.

No one was calm or collected.

Tears didn’t just form—

They fell like waterfalls.

We laid her to rest today…

She was so calm and collected—

I could tell… I knew… because—

She was finally home.


Blue Eyes- 2004

Blue eyes-

I saw them starring.

Looking right at me,

As if they were preparing.

Preparing to take me in,

And call me their own.

Blue eyes,

They looked so alone.

Anticipating,

Just one sweet glance.

When I finally looked,

Both of our eyes danced.

I saw a shooting star,

In the reflection of his eyes.

He must have seen a lonely girl,

Who often cries.

Because he no sooner kissed me,

And said, “I’ll never hurt you.”

My heart melted,

And his kiss blew me away too.

He added,

“I’ll never leave you or tell you lies.

Because I just want to see love,

In those beautiful blue eyes.”


10-9-04- 2004

He is gone now,

And distance has filled his place.

I am alone,

Yet I can still see his face.

Tears have become my bondage,

Falling like rain in a forest.

Dreams have become broken,

He knows I loved him more(st).

Silence has filled my heart,

No words can explain.

He says this is for the best,

But he doesn’t know I have nothing to gain.

I long for his smile,

Or any sort of gesture.

He used to reply:

I love you more(ster).”

I have called hi name,

And he doesn’t appear.

He knows losing him

Was always my biggest fear.

I close my eyes,

And now I am free.

From this man,

I love more(sterly).

No comments: