Saturday, August 28, 2010

2002 Poetry #4

You and My Life-2002

One day you asked me,

“What is more important,

Me or your life?”

I said calmly,

“My life.”

And you turned away,

Sad and depressed,

Not knowing my life was you.

When I Could Tell You-2002

You had no idea,

How much you meant to me.

Then again,

I couldn’t tell you.

You had no idea,

How much I loved you.

Then again,

I couldn’t tell you.

So when you left,

I wanted to let you know.

Then again,

I couldn’t tell you.

Now I walk to your grave,

And I tell you a loud.

Then again,

You can’t hear me.


I was Wrong-2002

I wasn’t trying,

To hurt you.

That wasn’t my intention,

That wasn’t the purpose of this call.

I never meant,

To make you cry.

Please believe me,

This is no lie.

But when I hung up,

I understood.

Saying goodbye forever,

I don’t know how I could,

But I did.

And now it is gone.

Just to let you know,

I was wrong.


I Wished-2002

I was thinking of you,

As I sat here.

I wished you were with me,

I wished you were near,

I wished I could hold you.

I wished for a kiss.

I wished we were together.

I wished it wasn’t like this.


Best Friends-2002

They were best friends,

Thought they’d always be.

But when he left… she was sad,

You could see.

Some nights she cried,

Without end.

She had thought forever,

She lost her friend.

He promised he’d come back,

He said he’d return.

For his presence,

Her heart would yearn.

Turned Around-2002

I am crying,

Because you’re letting me go.

I love you,

But that you don’t know.

I am dying,

Because you’re gone.

You just left,

So it hasn’t been too long.

I am hiding,

Because I don’t want you to see.

The hurt and pain,

You have caused me.

I am hoping,

Because you say you want me back.

Maybe you know,

It’s me you lack.

I am smiling,

Because I am with you.

I see you are happy,

That you are with me too.

USA-2002

I look at that statue,

And I am reminded of my freedom.

Then I think of how people hate it,

And I go numb.

Why don’t they care?

I just don’t understand.

Then I wonder,

Why people hare this land.

Why do they

Want us destroyed?

It really bugs me,

I am really annoyed.

Now I think harder,

And I see…

Everyone else is,

Just jealous of you and me.


Tear-2002

A tear,

This tear,

That falls.

Happiness knocks,

But sadness,

Always calls.

This tear of ice,

This tear of glass,

Is a permanent one to stay.

I try to let happiness in,

But my sadness,

Won’t go away.

Whenever I want,

To get you,

Off my mind.

I can’t because,

There’s a reason,

To always find.

This tear that,

Always falls,

Is always here.

The thing that,

Makes me think,

Is this tear.

About the Letter-2002

I am scared,

But I don’t know why.

All I did was give you the truth,

I didn’t lie.

But what will be your reaction,

I don’t know.

I just pray and hope,

You’re not mad though.

She says you won’t be,

And I sort of agree.

It’s just that this conscience of mine,

Is killing me.

Maybe I’m not scared,

Just nervous inside.

I can’t blow you off though,

I can’t run and hide.

So I am taking this,

Head on now.

I want to ask you want you think,

But I don’t know how.

I’m ready to ask,

I just want you to see my point-of-view.

Nevertheless… remember,

I will always love you.


I-2002

I do what I want,

Whatever I can do.

I can be anything,

I can be with you.

I can talk when I please,

Whatever I can say.

I can choose to listen,

I can also turn away.

I can have what I want,

Whatever I can make mine.

I can have you,

That’d be fine.

I can live,

I can die.

I can be happy,

I can cry.

I can stay awake,

I can fall asleep.

I can hate you,

Or be in love so deep.

Anything,

Believe me I can.


Feelings I Had-2002

I see you,

Out the corner of my eye.

I have a secret to tell you,

I can’t afford to lie.

You stand up,

And walk my way.

You’re almost here,

And I still don’t know

What to say.

You sit down,

And patiently wait.

Minutes later you walk away,

I was too late.

Things I Like about You-2002

When I look into your eyes,

I see a deep blue ocean.

I like the way you move,

With every little motion.

When you hold me,

I like the warmth of your hadn.

This is why being apart from you,

I cannot stand.

Your smile,

And your laughter.

Your sense of togetherness,

And happiness ever after.

Every little thing,

You say and do…

These are just something’s,

I love about you.

He Still Cries-2002

Tired and worn,

She held his hand.

Seeing her like this,

He couldn’t stand.

He begged her not to give up,

As she faded in and out of a daze.

Finally she looked,

At his lonesome gaze.

Not a word was said,

As tears ran down his face.

He touched her clothing,

That was made of silk and lace.

She drew her breath,

And one last time closed her eyes.

In this house,

You can still hear his cries.


The Ring-2002

To: Grandpa and Grandma Snedeker

Her ring was tarnished,

It wasn’t new.

50-years ago,

They said, “I do.”

They kept their promises,

To stay by each other’s side.

All the way up,

Until he died.

But her promise,

Still remains in place.

When she sees the ring,

She sees his face.

This isn’t just a ring,

It’s not just some metal.

It’s not a score to settle,

This ring she has,

Isn’t new…

But it reminds her,

Of when they said, “I do.”

Puerto Rico-2002

I promised myself,

I wouldn’t cry.

I thought your leaving wouldn’t affect me,

But that was a lie.

You weren’t gone,

More than a minute or two.

And… go figure,

I already missed you.

When you got on that plane,

Those tears began to gall.

You looked at me and said,

“At 6:30, I will call.”

So I went home,

And waited by the phone.

Nothing more was on my mind,

Then you alone.

Puerto Rico,

Is pretty far away.

I guess I already miss you,

What more can I say?

I am Falling-2002

Closes your eyes,

Picture my face…

I am smiling.

Hold my hand,

Don’t hesitate…

I am waiting.

Embrace me tightly,

Don’t let go…

I am shaking.

Kiss me lightly,

Say those three words…

I am falling.

Her Ways-2002

Here is a girl,

That people say flirts.

She knows she does,

But for some reason the thought hurts.

Nobody thinks,

She can change her ways.

But she promises to prove she can,

For the rest of her days.

She has found her Mr. Right,

He is right in front of her eyes.

When she says she wouldn’t hurt him,

People think she lies.

But she is going to prove,

Everyone wrong.

Her flirting life,

Is done.


To This Day-2002

He was handsome,

Then and tall.

She was pretty,

Without a flaw at all.

He sat on the left,

She sat on the right.

Neither of them,

Were in each other’s sight.

A crowd in between,

Had split them apart,

Had broken them away,

From each other’s heart.

But what they didn’t know,

Was they were meant to be.

From a distance,

This was hard to see.

Finally… the crowd thinned,

And the closer they came,

Without knowing.

They would feel the same.

But one person,

Never moved out of the way.

And the one boy and girl are still apart,

To this day.


Forgetful-2002

1 heart, 2 hearts’, um… 2 hearts’…

Daddy, what comes after 2?

3 honey, 3.

3- okay- I know that.

1 heart, 2 hearts’, 3 hearts’,

Um… 4!

5 hearts’, 6 hearts’,

7 hearts, um…

Daddy, what-?

8 honey, 8.

1 heart, 2 hearts’, 3 hearts’,

4.

5 hearts’, 6 hearts’,

7 hearts’,

8.

9 hearts’, um…

Daddy?

10 sweetie, 10.

Oh yeah! 10, um…Where was I?

Shoot!

Daddy?

11 honey, 11.

What?

I thought 9 came before 10.


Blind-2002

I shot an arrow towards the sky,

It came back,

And hit me in the eye.

Now I can’t see.

O’ gosh,

O’ geez,

O’ golly me.


Guys Game-2002

Guys love to play a mean game,

The one where they always win.

It’s the game of shame,

And it should be a sin.

Since we lose,

We need many tears.

You can see it on the news,

And it’s just like a pack of beers.

Love comes,

Then goes,

Without a trace.

Then when it comes back,

You forget the last.

The last love,

The last heartbreak,

And the last game of shame played on you.


Wasted-2002

The night falls,

From day to day,

And it feels,

As if I wasted my life away.

On the outside,

My life looks like a gentle rain,

But on the inside,

My heart is filled with pain.

For this is my life,

I had no choice,

And I guess you can hear it,

Right here in my voice.

Even when,

I prayed a prayer,

I decided,

I didn’t even care.

If the day is blue,

Or if it is gray,

Somehow,

I wasted my life away.

My heart,

It took a leap,

But still,

I wasn’t to sleep.

And as my life,

It took a fold,

I have never seen,

Silver or gold.

Time to time,

I feel alone,

And my heart,

Begins to moan.

I wish I were sugar,

Not sour but sweet,

But my life was not gentle,

It took a beat.

And now I have,

No more to say.

Accept,

I wasted my life away.


It Made Me-2002

From the look in your eye,

I knew you wouldn’t lie.

It made me want you.

From that certain touch,

I knew you didn’t need much.

It made me want you.

From the words I love you,

I knew what I had to do.

It made me need you.

From the goodbye,

I knew I would cry.

It made me hate you,

From the day you did it,

I knew all I could do is sit.

It made me lose you.

From the photographs,

I knew we had lots of laughs.

It made me still want you.

Take-2002

Take my heart,

Take my mind,

Without you,

They’re useless anyways.

Sleepless nights,

In the dark,

I lie awake,

Where our memory stays.

Take my emotions,

Take my thoughts,

Without you in them,

They are nothing today.

And to let you know,

How I feel exactly,

I can’t think of one,

Thing to say.

So look in my eyes,

Take my hand,

Hold me close,

And never let me go.

Hopefully…

By my touch,

And with the way I make you feel,

I can let you know.


When It Comes To Me-2002

Dang my best,

Never seems enough,

I try and try,

But it all seems tough.

Going through life,

More like hell,

But to say the least,

I don’t dwell.

Helping people,

Friend or foe,

But it never is enough,

Believe me I know.

When it comes to others,

I am here to see,

But I can’t help at all,

When it comes to me.


What I feel Sometimes-2002

I often forget,

Those words you said.

And I can’t help but think,

Something bad is ahead.

I get so nervous,

To breathe… I can’t even try.

In the silence of my room,

I break down and cry.

Questions run in my head,

With endless possibilities.

And I dreamt something happened,

And I heard “down on bending knees.”

Maybe I still remember,

You saying you’d never leave.

But I was just wondering,

To me… with you deceive?

Please say I am crazy,

And it’s all insane.

Tell me I am dreaming,

And with you I have everything to gain.

Don’t tell me I am right,

Don’t say that at all.

If you do,

You know where I’ll fall?

Not in love,

But out with you.

And that is the last thing in the world,

I ever want to do.

Dear Innocent Girl-2002

Dear Innocent Girl,

Across the room.

I know you are sorry,

Or so I assume.

I wasn’t really mad,

I was just playing,

And I know you were just kidding,

With what you were saying.

So I accept you apology,

Although I wasn’t mad,

But to know you were concerned,

Makes me feel glad.

So I forgive you,

With all my heart,

And this is where,

Our friendship can start.

Sincerely: the beautiful girl,

That sits next door,

And thanks for your apology,

Once more.

I-2002

I waited.

I waited for the train.

I waited for the train and for you to step off.

I can’t believe.

I can’t believe you left.

I can’t believe you left and never thought to call.

I loved.

I loved your smile.

I loved your smile, but more importantly…

I loved you.

Not Here-2002

I called your name,

In the middle of the night.

I looked around,

But you weren’t in sight.

I stood by the building,

The one where love met.

The place you said,

You’d never forget.

I touched my lips,

The ones you kissed.

Hoping and praying,

You know you’re missed.

Not Worth It-2002

Cry,

Over you?

No,

That’s something I’d never do.

Lie,

To be with you?

No,

That’s pathetic too.

You’re not worth it,

Get it straight.

Before your heart gets broken,

And it’s too late.


When You Do All You Do-2002

When I see you,

I feel the earth move under my feet.

I can barely stand,

I have to take a seat.

When you touch me,

I start to shake.

So I move away,

For my own sake.

When you say, “I love you,”

My knees go weak.

I am so in love,

I can’t speak.

When you do all you do,

I love it all.

When you first did it,

I began to fall.


Empty-2002

Empty bottle,

With no fill.

To be drank from,

It would kill.

To be noticed,

By one of the few.

Only to be picked,

By you.


Dreaming-2002

Looking deeply,

Into the eyes,

That say they are lonely.

Touching softly,

The hands,

That need tenderness only.

Pressing gently,

To the lips,

That ask for a kiss.

Imagining and dreaming,

Of this guy,

That I totally miss.


What the Clock Says-2002

It ticks,

Without sound.

It ticks,

When I am around.

Pointing out,

I am still not with you.

Telling me,

There is nothing I can do.

Saying another minute,

Has gone by.

Whispering calmly,

Please don’t cry.

Just Wanted to Help-2002

I cried for you,

And I don’t know why.

Maybe I am crazy,

I didn’t know you’d die.

I didn’t know you were leaving,

And never coming back.

You didn’t stop to pack,

So I cried,

When the building fell.

Would you live or die?

It was hard to tell.

The place crashing,

Was an awful sight.

They searched for your body,

It took them all night.

There was no hope,

You were gone.

You just wanted to help,

Your choice wasn’t wrong.

Two Girls, One Guy-2002

Two girls,

One guy.

This is true,

No lie.

The guy is dating,

One girl and is brother to the other.

The two girls are sisters,

To one another.

One girl was dating,

Her brother’s brother too.

Stop me if I confuse you.

He was also brother,

To her sister as well.

This may be insane,

But don’t dwell.


I’d-2002

I’d give anything,

To be with you.

I’d give anything,

To hear you love me too.

To kiss you,

I’d wait forever.

I’d wait a life-time,

For us to be together.


Nevertheless-2002

My eyes are blue,

And my tears are too.

The tears that fall,

Fall for you.

They fall because I’m sad,

I don’t know what to do.

Nevertheless,

I love you.

When I Cried-2002

I wanted to say,

I love you,

But I guess I was scared.

An when it finally,

Came all out,

I wondered if you cared.

You looked at me,

For what seemed,

Like more than forever.

If you hadn’t cared,

I wonder why we were,

Even together.

You closed your eyes,

And were still silent.

Then calmly replied…

“I love you too,

More than you know.”

That’s when I cried.


Meaningless Hope-2002

Her life was going insane,

She was being tugged each way.

She wanted to talk it out,

But she didn’t know what to say.

She cried,

But wanted to scream,

She would be okay,

Or so it did seem.

Tears poured out of her eyes,

But she didn’t know why.

Why did she do this?

Why did she cry?

No one seemed to care,

Or understand.

Everyone passed right by,

No one stopped to lend a hand.

Soon she shook,

With meaningless hope.

Did she know what she was feeling?

Nope.


Always Wonder-2002

Her hands were shaking,

And tears were in her eyes.

She looked at him,

As another part of her heart dies.

She couldn’t help,

But feel his pain.

Now that this has happened,

She has nothing to gain.

Her makeup was smeared,

And running down her face.

Her breath became short,

And with every second her heart would race.

Then that was it.

It was her last goodbye.

She’ll always wonder,

Why he had to die.


Love You More Than Me-2002

When we are together,

Our love is true.

With all my heart,

I’ll always love you.

Your name is like honeydew,

Upon my lips so sweet.

When I am cold,

I get warm with your heat.

When I cry,

Your shoulder is right there.

When I get mad,

You still care.

Just look into my eyes,

And you will see.

No one can love you more,

Than me.


Terrified Angel-2002

An angel looked down,

From her cloud in the sky.

She looked so sad,

What made this angel cry?

Was it the beatings,

Harsh words or lies?

Her parents did drugs,

And she just sighs.

Why did they hate her?

Why didn’t they care?

They tied her to the bed,

And pulled her hair.

They slapped her and kicked her,

With all their might.

This continued to happen,

Through the day and night,

Her parents didn’t stop,

They just pressed right on.

They said they loved her,

But it was just a con.

The beatings got worse,

As years went by,

And soon enough,

She was left to die.

But God took her to Heaven,

And sat her on a cloud.

Because she was brave,

God was proud.

Yet she was still sad,

Yet she still cried.

She couldn’t change the world,

Until after she died.


She or Me?-2002

She cried,

But never shed a tear.

She yelled,

But never said a word.

People didn’t listen,

But still they heard.

She was dizzy,

But could see straight.

She was scared,

But had no fear.

She saw her reflection,

But there was no mirror.

She touched,

But never felt.

She watched,

But didn’t see.

She knew who she was,

She was me.

Is This…?-2002

Is this real?

Or is it a dream?

Does this make sense?

Or is it not what it may seem?

Is this a lie?

Or is it all true?

Is this my desire?

Do I love you?

Close your eyes,

Do you feel the same?

When you imagine “your girl,”

Does she have my name?

When you kiss me,

Is the chemistry there?

When you look at me,

Do you stare?

Is it okay,

The way we met?

Does your heart believe?

Or won’t you let it?

Just one dance,

Made me fall in love with you.

One last question…

Did you fall too?

Don’t Know This-2002

Sometimes I know that,

You have no clue,

The way I feel when I’m with you.

Sometimes I don’t know,

What to say,

But when I do… I don’t know the way.

Sometimes I know,

You know I cry,

Which makes it hard for me to lie.

Sometimes I know,

You miss me too,

As much as I miss you.

Sometimes I know,

I need you when the day is through,

But what you don’t know is,

I love you.


Tonight and Forever-2002

I held your picture,

Close to my heart.

That was the same night,

Our romance went dark.

There was nothing I could do,

Or possible say.

You had made your decision,

To just walk away.

Our relationship was hot,

And giving off sparks.

Now it’s all just scars

And leaving marks.

Your love is like a blur now,

A complete shadow in my heart.

Tonight,

Forever’s going to start.


“I Love You Too.”-2002

He said,

“I love you,”

And the undying truth remained…

She loved him too.

She knew she shouldn’t,

She knew it was wrong.

But she always missed him,

When he was gone.

She didn’t know why,

She had these feelings at all.

Why’d she wait all night?

Why’d she wait for his call?

Why couldn’t she give up?

Why’d she love him so?

If he really loved her,

Why didn’t he just go?

Can’t he move on?

And just walk away?

Of course not.

He had to turn and say…

“You know,

I love you.”

And the truth fell out,

“I love you too.”

I Have Questions-2002

What can I say?

What can I do?

How can I tell ya’,

I love you?

Are my feelings,

A big mistake?

Me loving you,

Is that a step I shouldn’t take?

Will you break my heart?

And then go away?

Or will you love me back,

And stay every day?

There is just no telling,

What you could do.

Whether you stay or not,

I’ll always need you.

Is it possible,

To say we belong together?

Is it okay to say,

Maybe forever?

Can you tell,

I’ll never let you go.

That is something,

You should know.


If You Catch My Drift-2002

Being somewhere,

(Like where I am)…

Isn’t where I want to be.

Doing something,

(Like what I am doing)…

Isn’t what I want to be doing.

Being with someone,

(Like with who I am with)…

Isn’t who I wasn’t to be with.

Wishing,

(Like what I am wishing for now)…

Is exactly where I want to be,

Doing what I want to be doing,

With whom I want to be with.

If you catch my drift,

I want to be where you are,

Doing something with you,

Most importantly,

I want to be with you.