Thursday, October 29, 2009

Game 2 and it is Tied

October 29, 2009

In the back of my mind I am yelling, “Let’s go Red Sox!” only because anyone that is playing the Yankees and can essentially beat them, is a plus for Boston. So there I was, wearing my Boston hat, watching the 2009 World Series: Game 2, and with an awful turn of events, the Yankees end up winning 3-1 over the Phillies. Lesson learned: Don’t watch the game and perhaps the Yanks will lose.

There it was. The end of the 7th and the Yanks had two men on and one out. I thought for sure the Phillies were giving up and letting the Yankees take it. But when ex-Red Sox player Johnny Damon lined into a double play, Posada was not a happy camper on second.

Poor, poor Posada— thinking he was safe there on base, and he wasn’t. Man oh man did he throw a fit. Maybe this is where the line, “Why don’t you hike up your big girl panties…” comes into play.

Imagine me though- I was in all my glory when they thought that they had it clinched in that inning, so much so, that the Yankees manager, Joe Girardi stormed the field ready for a fight with the ref.

Then came the top of the eighth inning where Chase Utley grounded into double play and Shane Victorino out at second… the exact same play that just happened with Yanks in the inning before. How disappointing!

I kept yelling at the TV, “COME ON PHILLIES TAKE THEM OUT!” But they never did. The Yanks won. And now they are tied one game to one. The question still hangs in limbo: who will take it all? Ask me, and I will always say the Phillies- and not because I am their biggest fan- only because I don’t want the Yanks to win anything at all. Go Red Sox!

No comments: