Monday, January 14, 2008

Wrong Love Led Me

Her heart was beating, and she couldn't understand why. They had just met two days ago. How could she already love him? Were these feelings actually love, or was it just something she felt?

He was tall with black hair and beautiful hazel eyes. None of her friends or family liked him, and they threatened to "disown" her if she decided to be with him. But she didn't care. She made up her mind... or so she thought... it was actually her heart she was following. She left her family and her friends, and never talked to them again for a long time.

Her relationship with him grew. They moved in together and were inseparable. She "loved" him. But time came to tell that, he didn't really love her. He was just pretending to. He treated her like his personal slave, his slave that he could boss around and then use for his own special uses. And when he felt like it, he would abuse her.

She finally got the nerve to say goodbye to him, but when she went back to her parents, she felt as if they were so ashamed of her. She felt as if no one loved her at all.

There was only one thing she could do. There was only one person that would hear her out and listen. So she got down on her knees, folded her hands, closed her eyes, and said: "Dear God, this is it. I never thought anyone loved me, but somehow I felt some love. And now I know the love I was feeling wasn't from him. The peace I found wasn't in him; it was all in you God. You are the love I have needed. The one thing I learned God is, all this time, I haven't been unloved, because you have loved me." - Ashley B. Vincent

Bottom Line: God's love is always there.

John 15:12-13~ 12 This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love have no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends.

I John 4:8~ He that love, not know of God, for God is love.

Destination Points:

· Who in my life is taking me from God's love?

· Who is blinding me?

· Do I know God personally so I can feel his love?

· The name of someone who needs to know of God's love is: ___________________________

No comments: