Friday, April 10, 2009

An All-American Kind of Place

April 10, 2009

Sitting in a little bit from the road there is a long narrow building called “Danny’s Diner.” Run almost completely by women, the diner is well-known for its classic diner breakfasts still served on old-fashion hard plastic plates. Lately, the parking lot (which is bigger than the diner itself) has been pack every morning. And when one car pulls out, one is waiting to get in.

Established in 1970, this place that almost looks like an old train car is still holding strong here on Main St. in Binghamton, N.Y. Danny's Diner is what every Diner Lover could want. It harkens back to another era where decent homemade roadside food was the norm. But who can go wrong with a standard all-American delicious breakfast in a non-chain diner? It is all there with really good prices! There is French toast, eggs, pancakes, bacon, omelets and sausage all reasonable priced.

“It took me awhile to check this place out, shame on me. I am not big on diners - that is changing thanks to Danny's Diner,” A diner called, Mike said.

And I too must admit, I have drove past this place millions of times- as you can imagine, and never stopped in. I would just tell myself, “I really need to go there sometime.”

So for the five dollars in my pocket and the hunger starting to growl in my belly, I went in for a breakfast that cost just about five dollars exactly.

No comments: